How well would Conor do against top 10 LW's?

I love Alvarez but he doesnt exactly have great striking defense. He takes a lot of risks and gets tagged a lot. Not the best style against Conor. He would have to wrestle to win. Which he could do, but i wouldnt bet on it.

can we just focus on the tibau part....

i always thought that hed do better at lightweight than featherweight
hes just a big dude for that weight and there are a lot of strikers at the top of the hill
id tune in i dont think hed do that bad

There is a reason Conor kills himself to make 45. It's not because he would dominate at 55. He doesn't beat anyone in the top 5.

Rafael dos Anjos could definitely beat him, would be closer than the Pettis fight but could look similar.

Anthony Pettis would look like the Dos Anjos fight, McGregor pace and in your face style would have Pettis struggling.

Donald Cerrone he beats Cerrone if he avoids the kicks...Cerrone showed poor boxing defence against Nate and Conor has the best boxing in MMA right now.

Khabib Nurmagomedov Conor gets grapple fucked most likely.

Eddie Alvarez would be stopped by McGregor...he is too hittable.

Michael Johnson could pose problems with his wrestling, but if he bullrushes in like he has been doing he could get countered and finished.

Benson Henderson 50/50 fight I think, Benson has a good style to beat him but I think McGregor would hurt Benson.

Edson Barboza doesn't deal with pressure well and would get clipped and finished before he could get comfortable.

Myles Jury would get finished.

Tony Ferguson would be a good fight but Tony leaves holes that McGregor could take advantage of, would for sure be a fun one.

The obvious words of a Conor fan.

Conor would do very well at 155 just like he is at 145.

The toughest fights for him are RDA and Khabib, because they can set their TD's up very well with their striking and also against the fence, especially Khabib. His TD's against the fence are fucking next level.

Other than that, Conor would beat a lot of the top guys. His striking is still a huge factor there. He has the power and skill to put those guys away just like he does against everybody at 145.

Oh, LOL at the Dariush shit, Conor would slap him around. Dariush doesn't have the striking to set up his TD's. You can't just mindlessly shoot for a TD on him anymore and expect to get him down. Dariush will telegraph TD's against Conor like he did against MJ and get stuffed. Conor will push him back, keep him moving backwards, make him desperately shoot for TD's and eventually TKO him.

People need to learn how to match fighters up and actually watch the fights before they talk. Conor would put Dariush to bed. RDA and Khabib, now those are tough fights.

The obvious words of a Conor fan.

What's funny is how accurate he is, too. :icon_lol:

If you don't agree, then make a counter argument and break it down and talk about what would happen. Don't go, "this guy would beat Conor because of wrestling." That's pure bullshit. You can't mindlessly shoot for TD's against Conor and expect to win.

Denis Siver kicked Mcgregors leg out once in their fight, Conors wide stance would result in Edson Barboza not only kicking his feet out from under him, but I see Conor limping and losing power and eventually try to get Barboza in his guard.

Barboza via UD

Until it happens, and as unfair it may sound to his fans, I say best assumption is he'd struggle with the Top 10 at the very least, and if bulked up but didn't lose speed or magically gains speed, he'd make Top 15 for at least a couple of fights. I'd prefer if he moves up to 155, even if just for a fight or two, that somehow his first opponent there is Gaethje. That'd be such a fun fight between two hittable action-fighters. Both would rock each other, guaranteed, and I'd bet twice at the least before one gets knocked out. I honestly think Conor would have to finish Justin to win, anyone saying he'd destroy Justin doesn't know how much of a horrible match up he is for McG in some aspects, while in others is good for him, especially as a measuring stick for how much worth there is in him sticking around that weight class.

Honestly he would beat raging Al but would have problems with many lw's imo.....

Conor fights like a fucking honey badger even when getting taken down. As soon as he gets back on his feet his is right back in his opponents face.

That kind of aggression is hard to deal with for anyone. Conor is a real enough threat every second he is on his feet that he poses a challenge even for the top LW guys.

RDA, Cerrone, Pettis, Nurmagomedov, Ferguson, Diaz, and Henderson all destroy him.

He gets Duffy'ed in LW...that's the reason he stays at FW and fights guys 7 inches shorter than him...

RDA: finishes McGregor within two rounds
Pettis: fun fight, but subs McGregor
Cerrone: fun fight, subs McGregor
Khabib: finishes McGregor within three rounds
Alvarez: beats McGregor by ud
Johnson: beats McGregor by ud
Benson: subs McGregor
Barboza: fun fight, finishes McGregor within four rounds
Jury: McGregor wins via split dec
Ferguson: fun fight, beats McGregor by ud

Other 155..
Nate Diaz: fun fight, subs McGregor
Felder: fun fight, finishes McGregor
Melendez: finishes McGregor
Yancy: beats McGregor by ud

I think there are a couple he could probably finish - possibly Barboza and jury. But this is another ball park.
Mcgregor may be a large 145 but some of these guys at 155 are massive. I can't see him being competitive with the top 5. 5-10 he may win a few.

Only one i agree with is barboza and maybe jury. But i think the rest beat him easily. Especially bendo, cerrone, rda and Khabib

We just saw Mcgregor fly all over the states on fight week, take the best wrestler in the division on 2 weeks notice and jump in the cage with a banged up knee but, still KO Chad Mendes inside 2 rounds.

6 fights in the UFC with 5 finished. How people can still make these above outlandish claims is beyond me.

Back