• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

how realistic are my goals?

s1lexys

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
i come from a background of striking of boxing and kickboxing, i have a bit of talent in grappling but no real experience and i want to start MMA ; i want to achieve a record of 12 fights or something like that , i'm 16 years old and weighing around 145lbs 5'8 and 12 percent bodyfat. any tips are welcome

Well I'm sure you can get 12 fight even if you were to lose all of them you achieve what you wanted.

Why 12 fights? You should just be focusing on having 1 fight then going from there. How do you know you'll even like fighting? If your only motivation is to have 12 fights and show off to your buddies or impress girls, my advice is to not even bother cause you're just going to get hurt or burn yourself out and end up quitting.

Why 12 fights? You should just be focusing on having 1 fight then going from there. How do you know you'll even like fighting? If your only motivation is to have 12 fights and show off to your buddies or impress girls, my advice is to not even bother cause you're just going to get hurt or burn yourself out and end up quitting.
i've trained for about 4 years but never been in an amateur fight, maybe some hard sparring. i'm not genetically gifted in any way but a lot of people told me it's impossible to make a pro career of 12-0 while maintaining a normal social life

You could easily fight 12 pro fights and live a normal life.

Just because you're a "pro" doesn't mean you're training 4-8 hours+ a day like world level guys in the UFC.

i've trained for about 4 years but never been in an amateur fight, maybe some hard sparring. i'm not genetically gifted in any way but a lot of people told me it's impossible to make a pro career of 12-0 while maintaining a normal social life
If you want to go pro it takes a stupid amount of commitment and focus. It's completely doable even if you aren't genetically gifted but you gotta be willing to sacrifice your social life and almost all of your free time to training as others have already told you. You're still young and don't have to rush into things, my advice is to take it slow. Make a goal of maybe an amateur fight or 2 and see how you like it first and see if you even like the grind that is training for a fight. It's not for everyone and it's a hard path but if you want it badly enough it's very possible. I'm speaking out of experience as I've had quite a lot of amateur bouts and trained with my share of pros, sorry if I come off as a bit harsh but I just don't want young guys like you to start on that journey without being 100% committed to the path and getting really hurt at some point because the guy you're fighting is on a mission and you're 1 foot in 1 foot out.

maybe a better goal is win 3 amateur fights.

which you can do

Apply for Dana Whites contenders series. Anything in life is possible, might require more effort from some and less effort for some. Put in the work and everything else will fall into place.