2024 Goals Thread

My 5 year old loves hanging contests lol. They have this thing below at our local park down our street. Every time he see's kids on there he wants to challenge them and so far he's undefeated. It's the only physical challenge he can beat my 8 year old at with ease lol. It's been a while since I timed him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he can break the 4 minute mark now.

View attachment 1026850

One of our local parks has that same exact spinning ring thing and it’s f’ing awesome. I always get bummed when my kids get bored on it and want to go to the swings or something. I just want to keep hanging on this damn thing but I’d look like an idiot spinning around myself while my kids are on the other side of the park lmao.

Last edited:
One of our local parks has that same exact spinning ring thing and it’s f’ing awesome. I always get bummed when my kids get bored on it and want to go to the swings or something. I want to just keep hanging on this thing but I’d look like an idiot spinning around myself while my kids are on the other side of the park lmao.
I'm always doing pullups on it when the playground isn't crowded. I'll do 1 set, walk a few laps, then another set until I reach like 50. Most parents are sitting on their lazy asses the entire time. I'm either playing with my kid, doing pullups, practicing soccer with my other on the field or I'll practice juggling/dribbling the soccer ball on my own.

I'm always doing pullups on it when the playground isn't crowded. I'll do 1 set, walk a few laps, then another set until I reach like 50. Most parents are sitting on their lazy asses the entire time. I'm either playing with my kid, doing pullups, practicing soccer with my other on the field or I'll practice juggling/dribbling the soccer ball on my own.

Lol yeah there’s just something about that specific ring that makes it great to hang from. Even with the glossy paint, the curve and the diameter just feels perfect to hang from vs. a straight pull up bar. It’s like doing pull ups on a v bar.

Wow.
This is a well evolving thread.

I wish you Sherbloods recovery and good health. Some challenging times you've had.

I am 42 (and a half). I was training to take maybe another mid-life crisis kickboxing bout, which then devolved to boxing only (ideally BK) but sad times have struck my in-laws and after 3 cancer related bereavements over a year, with my Mother in Law passing 13 days ago, it is time to prepere for emigration to Poland this Summer or close after. The next several months are time greedy and little in way of combat sports.

There is a boxing club in my new destination town, so if it happens, I'll be past 43. Who knows?!

I've started the year well otherwise.
198cm tall. I am down from 135.8 to 128.8kg. Xmas unto today!
Part diet and part food poisoning. Yay!

At the least this year:

BW of 120kg.

DL of 300kg.

BP 20 x. 120kg.

Pull ups in sets of 10.

Push ups in sets of 30.

Running can go fck itself but I will jog again twice a week.

Also. Staying injury free.

Sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your wife.

Don't let age stop you from trying out boxing again if you want. I'm 44 and going strong in BJJ. Obviously I don't get punched in the head (not on purpose at least), but 43 is the new 33. Give it a whirl. You'll regret doing it more than you will regret giving it a try and deciding it's not for you.

Sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your wife.

Don't let age stop you from trying out boxing again if you want. I'm 44 and going strong in BJJ. Obviously I don't get punched in the head (not on purpose at least), but 43 is the new 33. Give it a whirl. You'll regret doing it more than you will regret giving it a try and deciding it's not for you.
Solid middle aged man2man bro advice.
I'll bump this thread in a year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back