2024 Goals Thread

All the best for you, @wufabufa and @KnightTemplar! That stuff really puts things into perspective, glad you're making it.

My somewhat reasonable goals for 2024:
Squat 220kg
100kg overhead, not necessarily strict, probably BTN push press
Keep BW stable around 110
End the rugby season with good impact and without injuries
Enjoy training, try out some new things

Last edited:
All the best for you, @wufabula and @KnightTemplar! That stuff really puts things into perspective, glad you're making it.

My somewhat reasonable goals for 2024:
Squat 220kg
100kg overhead, not necessarily strict, probably BTN push press
Keep BW stable around 110
End the rugby season with good impact and without injuries
Enjoy training, try out some new things

Thanks, man. I appreciate it.

I've had some time to think about goals beyond, "just" staying healthy, although that will remain the priority. In terms of actual strength training, and being as realistic and conservative as possible,

SS Bar Box Squat: 115kg

Trap Bar Deadlifts: 125kg

Board Press: 85 - 90kg

Obviously, these are all baby weight, but again, I have to be a realist, and they are orders of magnitude heavier than I'm lifting now.

I'm going to be bigger and stronger than ever before.

I have 3 goals.

1 don't die

2 don't accrue any more crippling injuries

3 trap bar deadlift 300kg on Xmas day. Current estimated 1RM is like 282

I'm not sure any of my goals are realistic but ya gotta shoot high imo!

I don't really have lifting goals like I used to.
My days of strength increases have mostly faded. I still make consistent progress but injuries, priorities, etc generally keep me from ever surpassing PRs.
I'm scheduled for 1-2 surgeries this year. I also hope to play in my third and final lacrosse world championships at the age of 35. My most important goal has to be to remain healthy. Hopefully get close to peak strength before the tournament and then crank my conditioning.

Some fun goals of mine that are very realistic but would still take dedicated effort:
Bench 225 x 12
1k Erg in 3:06
200 lb Sandbag shouldering x 10 reps in 1 minute

Lol, I just had to edit my Log. I'm being very careful with all my main lifts, especially the Board Press, since I still have shoulder issues from the surgery last year. I thought I'd put 27.5kg on the bar. Only now, hours after the workout, did I realise I'd set the bar at 32.5kg.

Retard Strength FTW! <45>

Wow.
This is a well evolving thread.

I wish you Sherbloods recovery and good health. Some challenging times you've had.

I am 42 (and a half). I was training to take maybe another mid-life crisis kickboxing bout, which then devolved to boxing only (ideally BK) but sad times have struck my in-laws and after 3 cancer related bereavements over a year, with my Mother in Law passing 13 days ago, it is time to prepere for emigration to Poland this Summer or close after. The next several months are time greedy and little in way of combat sports.

There is a boxing club in my new destination town, so if it happens, I'll be past 43. Who knows?!

I've started the year well otherwise.
198cm tall. I am down from 135.8 to 128.8kg. Xmas unto today!
Part diet and part food poisoning. Yay!

At the least this year:

BW of 120kg.

DL of 300kg.

BP 20 x. 120kg.

Pull ups in sets of 10.

Push ups in sets of 30.

Running can go fck itself but I will jog again twice a week.

Also. Staying injury free.

Wow.
This is a well evolving thread.

I wish you Sherbloods recovery and good health. Some challenging times you've had.

I am 42 (and a half). I was training to take maybe another mid-life crisis kickboxing bout, which then devolved to boxing only (ideally BK) but sad times have struck my in-laws and after 3 cancer related bereavements over a year, with my Mother in Law passing 13 days ago, it is time to prepere for emigration to Poland this Summer or close after. The next several months are time greedy and little in way of combat sports.

There is a boxing club in my new destination town, so if it happens, I'll be past 43. Who knows?!

I've started the year well otherwise.
198cm tall. I am down from 135.8 to 128.8kg. Xmas unto today!
Part diet and part food poisoning. Yay!

At the least this year:

BW of 120kg.

DL of 300kg.

BP 20 x. 120kg.

Pull ups in sets of 10.

Push ups in sets of 30.

Running can go fck itself but I will jog again twice a week.

Also. Staying injury free.

I'm sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences.

Best wishes for this year.

No specific goals for me personally outside of progression, however I want to start working out with my 2 boys consistently this year even though they are just 5 and 8.

I'd suggest running and bodyweight exercises. My kids are 7 and 5 and when they were 2 or 3, I started taking them to a local park with a track once or twice a month. I'd walk with them and if they made it a full lap, they got a cup of gatorade (which they love). And I never give them gatorade otherwise so if they want some, they need to come to the track and run lol. By the time they were 4 they were running it by themselves and I started encouraging them to do 2 or 3 laps. And we'd all take turns doing laps for time while the others cheer. We kept building the distance until my 7 year old was able to do 5K races with me.

We also sometimes do hanging contests where we all hang from the pull up bar in the basement. It's all good fun.

I'd suggest running and bodyweight exercises. My kids are 7 and 5 and when they were 2 or 3, I started taking them to a local park with a track once or twice a month. I'd walk with them and if they made it a full lap, they got a cup of gatorade (which they love). And I never give them gatorade otherwise so if they want some, they need to come to the track and run lol. By the time they were 4 they were running it by themselves and I started encouraging them to do 2 or 3 laps. And we'd all take turns doing laps for time while the others cheer. We kept building the distance until my 7 year old was able to do 5K races with me.

We also sometimes do hanging contests where we all hang from the pull up bar in the basement. It's all good fun.
My 5 year old loves hanging contests lol. They have this thing below at our local park down our street. Every time he see's kids on there he wants to challenge them and so far he's undefeated. It's the only physical challenge he can beat my 8 year old at with ease lol. It's been a while since I timed him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he can break the 4 minute mark now.

1706591817711.png

Rings with measured straps are cheap and so easy to set up for kids. Just need a bar, tree limb , ceiling fan and they'll hang on em for a while just swinging and twisting . Doing small versions of leg ups . They don't even know they're working out.

Rings with measured straps are cheap and so easy to set up for kids. Just need a bar, tree limb , ceiling fan and they'll hang on em for a while just swinging and twisting . Doing small versions of leg ups . They don't even know they're working out.
I still got some rings that's been sitting in the box for almost 20 years that I never got rid of lol...I'm going to set it up on my squat rack sometime this week.

Currently 200 lbs. Hope is to get down to 175 gradually. Would like to run a half marathon if health permits and put up a decent time.

Current bench is about 240, overhead press 150. I'd like to get to about 260/160, but if losing weight prevents that I'm cool with it.

Back