How much is your car payment and insurance?

I drive a 2007 Chevy Impala. Car payment is $185. Insurance is $114.

I have a 2007 Impala SS, just bought it last Nov.

I pay $294 for it, $148 for insurance.

After reading what some people pay for insurance, I don't feel so bad. I'm 34, but I do have an at fault on my recent record and I've changed companies three times in the past two years, so I haven't been able to get any loyalty discounts.

My nephew just bought a BMW, he's only 22 years old and makes $14/hr. at a very unstable job and with his parents breathing down his neck to move out. And he's got 2 kids, different mothers and hasn't paid child support EVER.

His car payment is over 1k a month... and I don't even know what his insurance is. Ridiculous. Now I know dealerships will finance just about anyone.

How much is your car payment?

As for my daily driver, I drive an old car, 2004 Toyota Corolla and paid cash for it a few years ago. I cannot stop thinking about getting a new Toyota Tundra, though. I need a newer offroad vehicle.

Exactly, 25 or 30 years ago, if you drove a BMW, it probably meant you had money. Now they let anyone drive off the lot with a big enough down payment.

BMWs, Benz, and Lexus are a dime a dozen now. But it still seems to be the standard in the suburbs of Chicago for every middle class stroke that pretends to have "made it" in life. I think half of the parking lot at my company is filled with one of those three. But it's funny because the VP of retail sales rolls up a couple times a year with his $250,000 Ferrari. Puts things in perspective for those who think they're ballin.

So what kind of BMW does he drive?

I don't know, I haven't even seen it. I don't really care, either. Pretty much anyone can get a luxury car nowadays... and have it repoed 6 months later.

Exactly, 25 or 30 years ago, if you drove a BMW, it probably meant you had money. Now they let anyone drive off the lot with a big enough down payment.

BMWs, Benz, and Lexus are a dime a dozen now. But it still seems to be the standard in the suburbs of Chicago for every middle class stroke that pretends to have "made it" in life. I think half of the parking lot at my company is filled with one of those three. But it's funny because the VP of retail sales rolls up a couple times a year with his $250,000 Ferrari. Puts things in perspective for those who think they're ballin.

This is what older folks tell me. I constantly see people who haven't even graduated high school that drive much newer and much more expensive cars than mine.

Insurance is 154 a month for 2 vehicles full coverage. No car payments.

Do they pay them more because they drive expensive cars?

How does insurance work in the states? Sounds expensive for 1 car but cheap for 2. You package both cars and get a discount?

i have an 09 Pontiac g8, a 1993 chevy Silverado, and a 2013 chevy Silverado. i pay $101 dollars a month in insurance for all three vehicles. my truck payment is $258 dollars a month (put 12k down). i never even drive the new truck. i always drive my 93. a car is the worst investment you can make ever. they are to mass produced and cheaply made to be worth anything in the future, like cars from the 60s and 70s. and lol to the guy who pays over 1k a month for a vehicle, and has 2 kids with two different moms. he sure started his life on the right path. and lol that he makes $14 an hour. i make good money and can easily afford over 1k a month in car payments. but i like to think about my future more than a worthless item in the present. i was stupid for buying the 2013. i will never pay more than 8k for a vehicle ever again.

How does insurance work in the states? Sounds expensive for 1 car but cheap for 2. You package both cars and get a discount?

the more items you have bundled the cheaper it is. for me i have 3 vehicles, a motorcycle, home owners insurance, and boat insurance all bundled. seperatly if added together it would be over $500 dollars a month. bundled i pay $178 for all combined.

Do they pay them more because they drive expensive cars?

I've come to find that 90 percent of the people that drive cars like that don't appreciate a well built automobile. Its all an emblem for them to keep up with the next guy.

This, as opposed to the CFO of my company who bought a gran sport corvette or a guy in my dept who bought a 2014 Challenger SRT8. People that buy cars with some character.

Discounts for everything, paying in full 6 months is a big discount, bundling cars and home, not having an accident in + years, paperless billing, defensive driving.

Hyundai Accent

Payment was $170/mth but I paid it all off.

Right now my insurance is $70 but I think that's actually high and have been shopping around for something around $40-50/mth

Nothing for the car. I paid it off in cash about a year ago. $45 a month liability insurance from Progressive.

i have an 09 Pontiac g8, a 1993 chevy Silverado, and a 2013 chevy Silverado. i pay $101 dollars a month in insurance for all three vehicles. my truck payment is $258 dollars a month (put 12k down). i never even drive the new truck. i always drive my 93. a car is the worst investment you can make ever. they are to mass produced and cheaply made to be worth anything in the future, like cars from the 60s and 70s. and lol to the guy who pays over 1k a month for a vehicle, and has 2 kids with two different moms. he sure started his life on the right path. and lol that he makes $14 an hour. i make good money and can easily afford over 1k a month in car payments. but i like to think about my future more than a worthless item in the present. i was stupid for buying the 2013. i will never pay more than 8k for a vehicle ever again.

Lol I pay 101 a month for insurance and thats only for one car.( 2007 honda civic) collision and comprehensive 1k deductible.
Are you paying for liability insurance only?

Something like $800 for payment and insurance, we got hammered because we're new to the country. 2014 Ford Fusion SE.

I drive a 2002 accord that I paid $2200 for... which is less $$ than what I gross in a week.

My wife bought me a 2008 Honda Ridgeline for the sole purpose of hauling this to go ride:

CR-restore_zpsa272bbb3.jpg

Kind've overkill for an old bike, I should have got a ford ranger or some shit.

I own a 2010 mazda 3. Not awesome in any regard but I got a sweet deal when I bought it and it has been paid off for over a year. Nice not to have car payments. My insurance is $120/month.

No payment, ~$87/mo on a 07 gs350.

Some of yall living in some balling ass neighbourhoods, or...?

I was thinking about financing a classic. The only things I can think of where the value actually votes UP over time. Theyre easy to work in too.

In topic, I had a 91 Tercel that I bought for cheap and it ran great. My insurance was $400 every 6 months. I just sold it and were using my girlfriends car. The thing is she got hit on Sunday and now we have a rental lol.

Back