How much is your car payment and insurance?

I'm trapped. 4000 payment, 1000 insurance. Fuck my life. Never finance a sports car.

2001 Buick paid off, bought for 3300 recently, it only has 58,000 miles on it

Car insurance liability is 25 dollars a month.

I'll never get the big deal about having to own a new car that will end up being a leech on your paycheck for years to come. Buy used and older models to save yourself some serious cash.

I own a 2010 mazda 3. Not awesome in any regard but I got a sweet deal when I bought it and it has been paid off for over a year. Nice not to have car payments. My insurance is $120/month.
I like those old Mazda3's

I'll never get the big deal about having to own a new car that will end up being a leech on your paycheck for years to come. Buy used and older models to save yourself some serious cash.

For me it was reliability. Lots of traffic here plus blistering heat = a high probability of car issues.

I got my '11 used last year with only 30k on it, 15000. Can't remember how much I put down. Good middleground between old and new.

I don't borrow money to buy cars, I only borrow to purchase assets that appreciate in value.

Full insurance is about $900 per annum. 2007 Toyota Camry.

For me it was reliability. Lots of traffic here plus blistering heat = a high probability of car issues.

I got my '11 used last year with only 30k on it, 15000. Can't remember how much I put down. Good middleground between old and new.

I just bought my car in November of last year after driving a beater for a couple of years. My Impala had 54k on it when I bought it and I paid $13,500 for it. Not bad for buying a super clean car that went for $30,000 new.

I bought my 2001 Camaro SS brand new and drove it for nine years and put 160,000 on it. Sold it for $4,000.

Honestly I don't think I'll ever buy a new car again even though I got my money's worth out the Camaro. What you did was smart though, buy a car a couple of years old with low mileage. Let someone else take the hit on the depreciation.

HAHA wow 2 kids at 22 with 2 different chicks...buys a bmw...hello repo men

I bought a bmw when I graduated college and after one month I hit an ice slick and it was a write off. set me back financially for quite a while but then I got my current beater

$138 for insurance every month, around $240 in gas every month, its a bit scary to drive though, its failed me too many times

HAHA wow 2 kids at 22 with 2 different chicks...buys a bmw...hello repo men

I bought a bmw when I graduated college and after one month I hit an ice slick and it was a write off. set me back financially for quite a while but then I got my current beater

$138 for insurance every month, around $240 in gas every month, its a bit scary to drive though, its failed me too many times

That's the thing that gets me more than anything. I have a 50 mile round trip to work.. and yet I bought a V8 car, lol. I think I spend about $350 a month on gas. More than my car payment.

That's the thing that gets me more than anything. I have a 50 mile round trip to work.. and yet I bought a V8 car, lol. I think I spend about $350 a month on gas. More than my car payment.

I had 3 days off work and it somehow saved me $60 in gas for the month...bloody vehicles

Car payment: 2013 Fiat Abarth. $351/60 months
Insurance: $143. 24 years old. Spotless driving history in the last three years.

I got really blessed and own both of my cars so I don't have a payment. For my Ford insurance is really cheap (so is gas haha 30 mpg is a lot better than 12 or 13) compared to the Lac. The Ford is considerably newer though. My Cadillac is like 35 years old so full coverage is more expensive but it'll be worth it if anything bad ever happens.

I know people who pay insane amounts for full coverage/car payment compared to how much they pull in monthly though.

Last edited:
2001 Nissin Altima

Payment: $0 (paid off for 10 years)

Insurance: $40/mo

Still runs great, needs a bit of work on the shocks and axles though.

I use my car for work so I get to claim the depreciation as a tax write off. Means I get a new car every 3 years and the wife gets my old one.

I have a 2011 ford mustang gt/cs. I have 8000 left on the loan. My monthly payment is 340 and I waste like 160 on gas a month. Insurance is 500 every 6 months. I'm actually overpaying the loan so I can finish it quick and get me a hunk of junk corolla for work. I love my mustang a lot and don't want to put too many miles on it.

1997 Pontiac Firebird, $140/month for just liability

A lot of people in this thread hate money.

2005 Nissan Sentra

$0 a month. Paid it off 7 years ago.

Insurance $20 month.

A 2014 Mazda 6 bought CPO and a 2013 Mazda CX9 also CPO.

Together I pay about $945 per month and $120 per month insurance full coverage

No payment and no insurance, probably due a change of car soon. I dont fancy paying much over 50 a week though

No car payment, I bought my car outright.
Insurance is $144 a month for a 2012 Ford Escape.

Never understood why people go way over their budget for a car - it is something that is a depreciating asset the moment you drive it off the lot.

As long as something gets me from point A-Z safely (and ideally, with air conditioning), I am a happy man.
Priorities man, some people want a bangin' car over a nice house.
I have a 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 that I paid off a year ago. Ins. Is $90 /mo.
I'm itching for a new car bad, but I'm gonna wait to see what comes out in 2015/16

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back