How many ACTUAL Weidman fans exist?

I'm a Weidman fan

Knew from his debut vs Sakara that he would make an impression on the UFC MW division

A wrestler with pretty damn good BJJ

Glad he won against Anderson Silva (did not expect a KO though)
Was expecting a arm triangle choke

For some "HURR DURR" reason on Sherdog the UFC MW fighters are considered "weak" or worse "cans"

People should show more respect and acknowledgement towards the 185 pound division

I'm a Weidman fan. I know a lot of Silva haters jumped on the bandwagon after he beat Silva but I was saying he would beat Silva and that he would dominate Munoz, been a fan since he came onto the scene

There really is nothing more annoying than the clingers who want to bask in the glory but were nowhere to be found in the leadup, I was saying Weidman was the future and stuck by that

No matter how tightly you hug and squeeze Anderson's nuts, its not going to save him from getting decimated again.

1. Nope, Weidman won't get an immediate rematch, but unless he loses really badly he doesn't go back to the middle of the queue. He'll be a win away from another shot would be my guess.

2. My problem with your 15 minutes of fame line that you've dropped into several threads is that Weidman has already been famous for several years. You may not have known who he was, but the rest of us were talking about him quite a bit. Search and see how many threads existed with Weidman in the title prior to his beating up Silva.

Famous for several years ?

Lol ok.

Iam talking people who actually really enjoy the guy for HIM and who he is and how he fights. NOT people who like to talk shit to Anderson fans and only like him because he beat Anderson and they dislike Silva.

If you found out no one in the world except Weidman's family and friends were his fans, would this make your day? Would it in any way discredit his achievements?

If someone likes him because he beat Silva and they like to bust Silva fans' gonads for it, who cares? Why would it even matter? There are many reasons to become a fan.

I am a fan and I liked him before the Silva fight AND I am happy he beat him AND I like to bust some of my Silva fan friends' balls about it. Is this OK with you? Am I a real fan?

God I hope you approve.

I honestly only became a fan after the Lawlor fight. I'm a legit fan of Lawlor, but when Weidman just ran through him, I couldn't help but be a fan. It's the same reason I became of fan of Silva after the Newton bout.

I'm one. I love his attitude and all. I even bet a G for him to beat Andy :cool:

The guy is a submission grappler who won back to back fantastical KO stoppages.

I'm having a hard time thinking of reasons people wouldn't enjoy watching him at work.

That question can only be answered once he loses....bandwagon will slow down drastically

I'm a huge fan, in and out of the cage. He's my favorite MW.

I'll still be here even if he loses his next 3 fights.

I can't stand Anderson, never have.

Those factors made their fight all the more special for me.

I'm an "ACTUAL" Weidman fan, win, lose or draw. He's a great submission grappler coming off of two huge (and crazy) KO's. Not TKO's, KO's. He's a monster, period. I would never want to have to fight him even if I was his same size. He's scary and will only get retardedly scarier in the next few years. Once his standup has come full circle it'll be "good luck" to the MW division (it already more or less is starting to look that way now). Extremely fast learner, heavy hands, speed, power, strength, athleticism, work ethic, you be the judge.

He'll beat Anderson again, likely with GnP (T/KO or submission) and that'll be that. He's too dangerous everywhere for the MW contenders to deal with. It pays to be very well-rounded. Ask GSP?! :icon_excl

I'm a fan. Seems to be a down to earth guy who loves to fight. He's a muti-dimensional fighter who finishes guys. Was very respectful after he beat Silva and he's from NY.

Same for me.

Huge fan, have had the pleasure of watching him fight live twice.

I was a fan after the Munoz ko, One of the sickest I have ever seen. My favorite fighter of all is Fedor, but since he's retired my fav is still Overeem and Mousasi, I'll pull for overeem 15 losses in a row and I'll pull for Weidman and Sonnen and Nick Diaz as well no matter how many times they lose/win.

Noticed how he took the Sakara fight on short notice and was impressed with his performance. Was even more impressed by his next two fights, but I'd say the moment I really became a fan was when he again took a short notice fight and beat Maia who was top 10 at the time.

Back