How many ACTUAL Weidman fans exist?

I like the guy but I still want Anderson to win the rematch

More recent fan, became a fan when he clocked Munoz and beat Maia.

I'd say Anderson has less actual fans than any other fighter. Majority just like saying they're "fans" of a dominant champion.

I don't think there are so much Weidman fans as there are people who just wanted to see AS lose, thus like Weidman for that reason

What are you basing this on?

I think there aren't many Anderson Silva fans, just guys who like to look smart by backing a sure thing. Look at how quickly his fans turned on him as soon as he lost.

I'm a big fan, dude is a stud I like the way he fights.
The bar I was watching at went ballistic when he KO'd Silva. 90% of the bar was rooting for Weidman I'd say.

Your bitterness for Weidman daring to beat your idol is clouding your judgment about his independent likeability. He's a nice guy, pretty well spoken, good looking, carried substantial hype with him coming into UFC, in his fights he's displayed well-roundedness, won in a variety of ways, and those heavily leaned toward finishes when he didn't take a fight on extremely short notice. There are plenty of reasons for him to be marketable other than he beat a fighter a few people didn't like. You're over-exaggerating drastically how many staunch Silva haters there were. He's not Jon Jones. Now there's a guy who is going to create another popular fighter merely by being beaten by him. In this case, you're just trying to discredit a likeable guy who caused you some disappointment, because it's cathartic.

His whole Rocky image is lame, especially considering he blatantly lived outside his means.

He will beat the living daylights out of Anderson again, watch and see

Pretty much. Same group of lemmings leaping from one sack to the next. Can't back losers that way.

Around here being a lemming would be hating Jones (but saying he is good, just can't stand blah blah).

Iam talking people who actually really enjoy the guy for HIM and who he is and how he fights. NOT people who like to talk shit to Anderson fans and only like him because he beat Anderson and they dislike Silva.

i am a weidman fan but im a bigger anderson fan first fight in his ufc career that i rooted against him but id root for him against anyone not named anderson silva

Who's Weidman? We should be talking about that guy what beat Anderson Silva.

I absolutely love the way he fights. Did after the Sakara fight. I had Weidman beating Andy but by decision and not KO because noooobody picked KO. I got Andy in the rematch though.

I've been a fan since the Munoz fight, the AS fight just cemented it even more.

I wouldn't route against him vs anyone in the MW division.

I'm a fan. I was amazed at how fast he picked up jitz. He is down to earth, hard working, and hits hard. Not really into the "spiritual" stuff he talked about, but I still am a fan...;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back