How many ACTUAL Weidman fans exist?

I like some Anderson, but Weidman doing what he did to him insured I would become a fan. He improves with every fight and is just entertaining to watch. Hard not to be a fan of the guy.

People don't give Weidman enough credit for the Anderson fight. He was slipping Silva and controlling the distance, hit Silva with some quick and mean GNP that shook his world, GAVE UP HIS INCREDIBLY ADVANTAGEOUS POSITION to go for that leglock(what sub was it?) dropped his hands when Silva dropped them, and just basically did to Silva what Silva has done to everyone else.

Pretty epic and very underappreciated. When you consider how relatively early he is in his career(10-0 now?) it's pretty crazy to think about where he'll be in a few years.

War Silva, War Weidman.

Iam talking people who actually really enjoy the guy for HIM and who he is and how he fights. NOT people who like to talk shit to Anderson fans and only like him because he beat Anderson and they dislike Silva.

I like him, I've always said my ideal fighter would be a wrestler with an aggressive submission game. He seems to have the skill set to embody that.

I like Weidman

don't know why Anderson nuthuggers had the nerve to say that he has no fans and that there are only anderson haters.

I would like anyone who beat the piss out of Anderson "Vaseline Boy" Silva...

Im a fan. Disagree about his personality, hes great

And check my sig, man. I have no reasons to like him lol

I'm a pretty big Weidman fan. I tend to root for wrestlers, and I love his willingness to fight anybody and his down to earth demeanor. Right now he is probably my second favorite fighter (after Bendo).

I didn't really care for the guy, but then I saw a pic of him with his family, and I'm a softie, so I warmed up to him... he's living the American dream..happy for him

Kudos to Weidman

But his 15 minutes of fame is nearly up.

At least he got to enjoy it while it lasted.

Kudos to Weidman

15 minutes of fame? You mean the guy who has been one of the most talked about fighters on Sherdog for the past year?

You are really in a slump tonight as far as comments go.

I'm a big fan of him since he KO'ed Munoz.

me, he's a wrestler who knows submission, plus has 2 nasty knockouts under his belt, and seems like a really cool dude. whats not to like about him? he goes in and gives it his all and doesnt come off as a dbag. seems like the only people who dont like him are anderson fans

and i became a chris fan when he choked out lawlor and then tried to help revive and check up on him.

Last edited:
15 minutes of fame? You mean the guy who has been one of the most talked about fighters on Sherdog for the past year?

You are really in a slump tonight as far as comments go.

What ? It's the middle of the day.

& I'm being a realist. When Weidman loses & goes to the back of the MW cue, then I can say at least he enjoyed his 15 minutes of fame.

You sound like you think Weidman is going to get an immediate rematch when he loses.

me, he's a wrestler who knows submission, plus has 2 nasty knockouts under his belt, and seems like a really cool dude. whats not to like about him? he goes in and gives it his all and doesnt come off as a dbag. seems like the only people who dont like him are anderson fans

This. I've never really seen a legitimate criticism of him.

He doesnt get that much flack from Ando fans though

What ? It's the middle of the day.

& I'm being a realist. When Weidman loses & goes to the back of the MW cue, then I can say at least he enjoyed his 15 minutes of fame.

You sound like you think Weidman is going to get an immediate rematch when he loses.

1. Nope, Weidman won't get an immediate rematch, but unless he loses really badly he doesn't go back to the middle of the queue. He'll be a win away from another shot would be my guess.

2. My problem with your 15 minutes of fame line that you've dropped into several threads is that Weidman has already been famous for several years. You may not have known who he was, but the rest of us were talking about him quite a bit. Search and see how many threads existed with Weidman in the title prior to his beating up Silva.

3. Taking shots at Weidman fans is just an exercise in indirect fighter bashing.

Kudos to Weidman

This kind of disrespect is the worst part of being an MMA fan.

You never want to show casual fans web sites like this one because people are so obnoxious.

Back