How many ACTUAL Weidman fans exist?

This shit is STILL going????

Jesus, this is fucking pathetic...

Big Anderson fan, big Weidman fan, big Chael Sonnen fan.

MW division is awesome.

Of course there are some out there. He doesn't have a huge fan base but he's a likable guy with a relatively entertaining fighting style. To say there aren't any Jones fans is ignorant though, he's one of the most exciting fighters in the sport and definitely has more "actual fans" than just me.

Iam talking people who actually really enjoy the guy for HIM and who he is and how he fights. NOT people who like to talk shit to Anderson fans and only like him because he beat Anderson and they dislike Silva.

Quite a few fall into all categories, because a.) Weidman is a phenomenal fighter who is en route to become an all time great b.) Anderson has sporadically acted like a haughty, temperamental idiot throughout his career and c.) Silva's sack swingers are amongst the least developed humans that I've ever seen. The fact that the UFC's best fighter for 7 years had the most boisterous and abrasive fanbase known to mankind is really God's cruel joke on the rest of the MMA community.

Last edited:
Well, regardless of which fans you are looking for, he did earn a lot of fans in his tenth career fight. How many fights did it take AS to build such a fan base? I'd wager you that a great portion of AS's fans came about as a result of his early UFC fights. I know he has fans from his Pride days, but he did earn quite a few of his fans by fighting in the UFC and winning fights. That's exactly how Chris Weidman earned his fans, by fighting. No matter how much you want to discount it because some of his fans came about as a result of him beating someone few thought he could.

Fighters earn fans by fighting. They earn more fans by coming up big in the big fights.

Weidman was my punch line when I was mad they weren't giving Sonnen an immediate rematch after his first fight with Anderson. " So who deserves a shot more that the guy that just beat him for 4 1/2 rounds...Bisping? Chris Weidman? Anderson has beaten everyone else". Then he beat Maia and Munoz both on short notice and I was a fan.

If you don't like a fighter because you think his personality is boring, kill yourself in an exciting and interesting way.

cant believe the Anderson KTFO gif hasnt been posted in this thread yet

Like 11. I'm not a fan. Wasn't before the Anderson fight. Wasn't after it.. But the guy has talent.

Regardless if he wins or loses, i will always be a fan of Weidman. I had the chance to meet and interact with Weidman in Toronto back in May (posted on Sherdog at http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f44/met-chris-weidman-today-toronto-2459025/) and the guy is a true class act. It is great that the UFC has such a true genuine and nice guy as one of its champs, especially after all he had been through the past year with his injury, Hurricane Sandy, and finally getting the Silva fight after all the top contenders had lost- Bisping, Rashad, Lombard, etc. Weidman will be back in Toronto this week, and i am planning on checking out his Q and A as well. Wish him all the best in the rematch.

I was a fan of his before the fight I always seem to like wrestlers because Weidman and Phil Davis are two of my favorite fighters right now.

Counter thread: How many ACTUAL Anderson fans exist?

honestly Weidman is a likeable guy. he kind of comes off as a normal ass dude who could be fixing your breaker box or something. i can easily see how people would relate to him, and i think he is very game for being the champion and smashing whoever wants to take the strap from him.

and i day this as a die hard Anderson Silva fan, leading into the right i really didn't wanna like the guy and i wanted my man to knock his goddamn head off. I still like Anderson better as a fighter and hope he takes the rematch, but i really can't dislike Weidman at this point.

Right here. I like Anderson, too, he's fun to watch. But I'm a Weidman fan.

Will admit there's almost certainly a geographic bias here, since Weidman grew up and lives not too far from me. The last local champ we had was Serra. It's great to see a (very) local guy go so far.

Back