How many ACTUAL Weidman fans exist?

Oh wait; I thought you said Wineland.

I'm a Wineland fan. :)

I was a fan before the fight as well, but that was mostly because I'm a GSP and Serra fan and he trains with both. I also liked him because he was willing to fight anyone, even Jones.

Counter thread: How many ACTUAL Anderson fans exist?
I supported Anderson before he beat Leben and told everyone he was going to dominate. No one believed me. Quickly left that bandwagon due to his antics. Still respect the skill. Not a fan of any modern fighter - I just look for good fights now. All my division favorites are either retired or on their way out.

Aye boy, be silent or contribute to the thread, understand me?

mj-laughing.gif

He lives a few towns over from me and always seemed like a genuinely nice guy so I've been rooting for him since he first joined the ufc.

I remember watching his debut live against sakara. He was undeafeated, stepping in on short notice and had a decorated wrestling backround so i immediately was rooting for him. Followed him ever since and knew he would become champ when he was scheduled to face munoz.

I was a fan of him before the Silva fight, but didnt think he had a chance in the world, but then again i wasnt a die hard fan.

Have to show my support for the guy, we are tattoo twins after all.:cool:

How could you not enjoy the way he fights? He's a straight up bad ass

I wouldn't say I'm a fan but I got nothing against the guy, seems like a good fighter, fun to watch and he seems like a down to earth respectful type of bloke.
Even tho in not a " fan " I very much enjoyed watching him ko silva.... If he beats silva again and ends up facing vitor tho ill be rooting for vitor

I don't like Anderson but I can't get myself to like Weidman... not sure why..

He lives a few towns over from me and always seemed like a genuinely nice guy so I've been rooting for him since he first joined the ufc.

I've been a Weidman fan since the Sakara fight. I was actually rooting for Sakara because I had not seen Weidman fight and didn't really know anything about him, once the fight was I looked him up to find out more about his fighting style, the more I learned about him the more I became a fan. I always wanted to see a guy transition from wrestling to become a great submission threat instead of becoming a slugger like most because I used to wrestle and I like watching skilled ground work.

Once you add in that he is exciting to watch and finishes fights in various ways I became a huge fan, it's also been great to see how much he has improved, especially in the stand up and footwork aspects of fighting.

It's also cool that he is a nice guy and looks like your average man, it's the Fedor effect.

Been a fan since his gritty win over Sakara that some called lay and pray

I don't think there are so much Weidman fans as there are people who just wanted to see AS lose, thus like Weidman for that reason

I've been a huge Weidman fan since I watched him on the MMA Hour before making his UFC debut. Anytime I hear a fighter is coming out of Matt Serra and Ray Longo's gym then I am automatically a fan.

Wideman is going to KO Silva again.

Oh fuck off. There's been Weidman fans on here since the Sakara fight. Hell, even before he was in the UFC.

Back