• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How is this not already a rule? That you can touch NOTHING while weighing in????

If you really think that you can 1.5 lbs off by resting your hands on something you're a fucking idiot

You obviously haven't tried it and I have. You push down with very little force to lose pounds of weight.

Rumble would get to fight for the belt either way, he made weight, DC would be the one that is not fighting for it, its not uncommon for fighters to be stripped at the scale, this was one of those cases, sadly commission made a mistake and let it go, it represents 20% of the purse, and DC gets to keep his belt if he wins, that 1.2 lbs means a LOT.

1.2lbs doesn't really mean a lot in the cage though, I think if you'd asked Rumble beforehand whether he could have a situation where DC makes 205lbs first time or whether he missed weight once and then has questionable situation and he might be 206lbs he'd prefer the latter, more potential for it to have been a bad cut and really no advantage gained.

If Cormier had weighed say 210lbs first time out then I would have a lot more issue with it.

Touching something only makes you WEIGH MORE. Just did this experiment with my wife. She held a towel and I grabbed the towel while on the scale. It makes you take on extra weight. I weighed 3 lbs more and it made my weight go from 332 to 335. This experiment proves Daniel wasn't cheating.

GREAT JOB DANIEL. SO PROUD OF YOU. #ANDSTILL
Although this claim violates the laws of physics, the most unbelievable part of this post is the suggestion that you have a wife.

This should be a common sense rule implemented a LONG time ago. There is no point in having weigh ins if fighters can put their hands on something and push down.

For those of you who haven't tried it find a scale of any kind and just lightly push down on anything nearby. It's shocking how much weight you magically lose just by applying a very small amount of force.

I'm happy this fight is still happening and everything. 1 pound doesn't matter that much to me personally but there are rules for a reason and they need to be enforced.
It's actually not that surprising, you only need to push down with one pound of force to decrease your net weight by one pound. Think about how light a pound is. That's like 1/3 of a good meal!

I think it is sexy as hell when they use the towel, not just men, like when Gina did it.

Thank You. I had to assume that it isn't a rule because no one there did anything about it. It's like no one cares. WTF??

It's pretty crazy.

When something like that happens, you are supposed to clear the room and weigh them in again, only in front of the commission.

The reason being, we treat it like a private, formal hearing. So if they try to cheat again, direct action can be taken.

usually policies change due to things like this. look at greasegate. it was investigated, no malicious intent was found, and then new policies were created to make sure something like it didn't happen again.

in my state a guy was killed getting fucked by a horse. turns out there was no law against it. now there is. feel free to google "enumclaw horse" for more details.

but since you got all political about it, i would like to point out that this is why government regulation exists. so i sure hope that next time you complain about stupid government regulation, it happens because people bend rules (or leave an impression of bending rules), people like you suggest there should be a law, policy or regulation against it, and a law, policy or regulation is created. next time you complain about "too much government regulation", remember this one example of how YOU wanted MORE regulation, and feel free to extrapolate further from there. i'm not attacking you, just asking you to think it all the way through. cheers.

You made a lot out of that joke.

Next time a weigh in is held in front of NYSAC officials, I'd love to see an overweight fighter walk in and get on the scale with a house sized bouquet of helium balloons in his hand, claiming it's his birthday.

Fighter: "Someone gave me all these balloons for my birthday, yippee."

Commissioner (while enthusiastically clapping his hands): "Oh, how nice, happy birthday!"

A fighter may of course also bring a cane to lean on to alleviate some of that extra weight when standing on the scale.

Fighter: "I'm very old, almost 80, and my knees sure ain't what they used to be."

(Commissioner helps him up on the scale and holds his hand while weighing in so he won't fall or anything.)

I thought it was weird how DC was 1.2 over then made 205 on the dot. Then AJ comes in exactly 1.2 under

Probably just a coincidence, but still weird

absolutely untrue. thats only if you push down on the scale. maybe you convinced your wife. this was clearly cheating and really just makes ufc and cormier look bad. it absolutely was done purposefully and was purposefully overlooked. He was probably supposed to grab the smaller towel behind the big UFC towel and then only people on the stage would have seen it. He made the mistake of grabbing both. Really just throw any fairness out the window. Unfair to bettors. Anyone who bets on Johnson and loses has a legimitate case to sue.

Dude, no it doesn't...if you push down, you are going to weigh less. if you grab something and pull up for whatever reason, you will weigh more...how is this a topic?

Don't waste your time trying to explain basic physic to people who can't comprehend it.

Back