• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How is this not already a rule? That you can touch NOTHING while weighing in????

Anyone doubting that towel could've helped, try it yourself. You only need a scale, towel and two friends.

Last I checked it is a rule, you're not supposed to touch anything while weighing in, exactly for this reason. I'm baffled at the incompetence of the NYSAC this morning.

seems like an obvious policy. but i don't see in NSAC either, except maybe this part:

NRS 467.030, 467.155)
1.  Each unarmed combatant must be weighed in the presence of the public, his or her opponent, a representative of the Commission and an official representing the promoter, on scales approved by the Commission at any place designated by the Commission.
2.  The unarmed combatant must have all weights stripped from his or her body before weighing in, but may wear shorts.
3.  Representatives of newspapers and the electronic news media who properly identify themselves as such must be admitted to each official weighing in of an unarmed combatant.
4.  The owner or operator of the premises in which the weighing in is held shall provide adequate security for the unarmed combatant and other persons who are present.
5.  The Commission may require unarmed combatants to be weighed more than once for any cause deemed sufficient by the Commission.​

of course those are 'regulations' not 'policies'. there may be more policies that spell it out better elsewhere.

Last edited:
Kinda, if Rumble loses this situation would make DC look really bad. If Rumble wins he doesn't get the title because it would be ruled a non title match...

It sucks either way, but I get what you're saying

IIRC Rumble would get the title if he wins (making weight), only DC gets "stripped" at the scale, and cant get the belt if he wins.

IIRC Rumble would get the title if he wins (making weight), only DC gets "stripped" at the scale, and cant get the belt if he wins.
Oh, that would make a lot of sense. That would be the fairest thing that could happen

Touching something only makes you WEIGH MORE. Just did this experiment with my wife. She held a towel and I grabbed the towel while on the scale. It makes you take on extra weight. I weighed 3 lbs more and it made my weight go from 332 to 335. This experiment proves Daniel wasn't cheating.

GREAT JOB DANIEL. SO PROUD OF YOU. #ANDSTILL
ufc paid shill

just watched the weigh in............That is bullshit, you can CLEARLY see how he was pushing the towel down, sorry, but DC needs to be stripped.

Touching something only makes you WEIGH MORE. Just did this experiment with my wife. She held a towel and I grabbed the towel while on the scale. It makes you take on extra weight. I weighed 3 lbs more and it made my weight go from 332 to 335. This experiment proves Daniel wasn't cheating.

GREAT JOB DANIEL. SO PROUD OF YOU. #ANDSTILL

What? Try again, touching (and obviously applying force) something that is solid or held by someone else, not carrying the towel yourself.

If you really think that you can 1.5 lbs off by resting your hands on something you're a fucking idiot

I just weighed myself 4 times. Twice just standing on the scale. Twice with my thumb pushing slightly on my bathroom counter. Weighed 5 pounds less with my thumb down.

If you really think that you can 1.5 lbs off by resting your hands on something you're a fucking idiot

He is not resting his hand, is applying force to it, completely illegal move by DC.

Rumble should at least get some of Daniels pay for Daniel missing weight

Towel-Gate!

Is California where they dont even want them to move or raise the arms while weighing-in?

Watch video : start at 2:25

Daneil is pushing up on 2 towels!

The guy behind the towel in the blue shirt is with Daniel, and is lifting up on the towel that Danial brought out with him,, watch as he goes up on his toes to lift the towel

This should be a common sense rule implemented a LONG time ago. There is no point in having weigh ins if fighters can put their hands on something and push down.

For those of you who haven't tried it find a scale of any kind and just lightly push down on anything nearby. It's shocking how much weight you magically lose just by applying a very small amount of force.

I'm happy this fight is still happening and everything. 1 pound doesn't matter that much to me personally but there are rules for a reason and they need to be enforced.

It is a rule.
They just aren't paying attention.

just watched the weigh in............That is bullshit, you can CLEARLY see how he was pushing the towel down, sorry, but DC needs to be stripped.

If he was breaking the rules its up to the commission to do something about it at the time, if they tell him he's made weight then the only retrospective punishment could come if he's prooven to have used PEDs.

Honestly I can't say I care very much either way given were talking 1.5lbs, that's not exactly a significant advantage. If there was talking say 5lbs or more then it might be an issue but if anything I think this looks better for Rumble with DC having cutting issues and of course he still gets to fight for the belt.

If he was breaking the rules its up to the commission to do something about it at the time, if they tell him he's made weight then the only retrospective punishment could come if he's prooven to have used PEDs.

Honestly I can't say I care very much either way given were talking 1.5lbs, that's not exactly a significant advantage. If there was talking say 5lbs or more then it might be an issue but if anything I think this looks better for Rumble with DC having cutting issues and of course he still gets to fight for the belt.

Rumble would get to fight for the belt either way, he made weight, DC would be the one that is not fighting for it, its not uncommon for fighters to be stripped at the scale, this was one of those cases, sadly commission made a mistake and let it go, it represents 20% of the purse, and DC gets to keep his belt if he wins, that 1.2 lbs means a LOT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back