How is this guy still getting 300k plus to fight

He's a former HW world champion

Put some motherfucking respect on his name

Better question is: why are all the other fighters paid fucking peanuts

He's done a great job playing the role of gatekeeper for the HW division since 2017. He never turns down a fight against the talented up and comers of the division, he's the perfect litmus test to see if someone has legit contender potential.

Francis, Rozenstruik, and recently Aspinall passed the test with flying colors. Boser, Lins, Sakai, Walt Harris, Tuivasa, and Albini all failed the test, whether it was losing to him or close decision W's. Fighting Arlovski at this stage says a lot IMO about whether a prospect will be a legit contender or mediocre fighter in the UFC.

If everyone on the roster was paid properly, Arlovski's contract wouldn't stand out much. He's being adequately rewarded, and it won't be much longer until he retires or is not on the UFC roster anymore so it's a decent way to send him off.

Surprised he wasn't cut along with Overeem and JDS. I assume they see Arlovski as a good test but not much of a threat to up and comers whereas Reem and JDS were still threats to most.

Surprised he wasn't cut along with Overeem and JDS. I assume they see Arlovski as a good test but not much of a threat to up and comers whereas Reem and JDS were still threats to most.
Or like was said previously, AA doesn't turn down fights. JDS does, and was told if he turned down the latest fight, he'd be cut. JDS turned it down.

300 does seem high but it could be argued it is worth it so that an active former UFC Heavyweight champion who will fight anyone is not able to lose over and over in another org.

Gotta pay for that big dick energy, only way a guy can have that kind of longevity.

Reactions: HHJ
Big name willing to fight anyone on the undercard

Or like was said previously, AA doesn't turn down fights. JDS does, and was told if he turned down the latest fight, he'd be cut. JDS turned it down.
Doesn't explain Overeem who also never turned down fights. It makes more sense that they wanted to go younger with the division and got rid of two old guys who were threats to young guys while keeping another old guy who isn't much of a threat.

Doesn't explain Overeem who also never turned down fights. It makes more sense that they wanted to go younger with the division and got rid of two old guys who were threats to young guys while keeping another old guy who isn't much of a threat.

I think with Overeem they were more worried about his health due to the amount of ko losses he has.

AA is a great asset to the UFC. He's a former champ with a recognizable name, has an exciting fighting style, and you don't really have to worry about him upsetting your real prospects.

The UFC pays their HWs really well. I assume they don't want to lose the few they have to Bellator. I remember Hunt was making like $700K a fight and still bitching about the UFC.

I don't see what value Arlovski adds to cards. He wins most of his fights through boring decisions. He hasnt finished a fight in 6 years.

I'd rather they pay JDS 300k to fight these low level heavyweights (assuming he would accept the decrease in pay).

Back