How is this guy still getting 300k plus to fight

AA is a great asset to the UFC. He's a former champ with a recognizable name, has an exciting fighting style, and you don't really have to worry about him upsetting your real prospects.
He hasn't had an exciting fighting style in years, but I agree with the rest. Arlovski serves a purpose, and he's earned his place.

I can cosign on what @Pierced7681 and @Bookerman said. I'd have to dig but I've seen interviews with Dana praising Arlovski....he mentioned how respectful/didn't talk shit he was when he wasn't in the UFC.

Really it all stems from the UFC being cunts to Arlovski back in 2007-2008. He was on a 2 fight winning streak off of Werdum and the UFC froze him out for 11 months without offering any fights because Arlovski wanted to test free agency. On top of this they put him on the prelims when they did give him the last fight back when the prelims weren't even shown. I specifically remember Andrei never said a bad word about what happen and Dana knows this so he's treating him really good when he came back.

I can cosign on what @Pierced7681 and @Bookerman said. I'd have to dig but I've seen interviews with Dana praising Arlovski....he mentioned how respectful/didn't talk shit he was when he wasn't in the UFC.

Really it all stems from the UFC being cunts to Arlovski back in 2007-2008. He was on a 2 fight winning streak off of Werdum and the UFC froze him out for 11 months without offering any fights because Arlovski wanted to test free agency. On top of this they put him on the prelims when they did give him the last fight back when the prelims weren't even shown. I specifically remember Andrei never said a bad word about what happen and Dana knows this so he's treating him really good when he came back.

https://www.mmaforum.com/threads/dana-leaves-door-open-for-arlovski-return.48908/

The UFC pays their HWs really well. I assume they don't want to lose the few they have to Bellator. I remember Hunt was making like $700K a fight and still bitching about the UFC.

To be fair Hunt was bitching about his opponents juicing and later USADA testing agreed with him

Because some people just get lucky in life.

AA has always been a very very irregular fighter, yet for some reason he is considered one of the greats and watch his fights.

nice work. I had a dig and couldn’t find it but knew Dana had said it. Top work

The old HW vets all make a lot. They may cut him soon to save cash like they did to Reem

Get it through your thick manlet heads..

size matters

<Fedor23>

Name value at this point? Who knows maybe he memes on this kid this weekend.

I’m glad Arlovski is getting paid but how is he still with the org when JDS isn’t?

arlovskii has too be one of these fighters who have a foot already out door. if its true that he never turns down fights then i guess thats why dana keeps him on...surely andrei must know he cant be far off from getting cut. hence his yes baws attitude.

I’m glad Arlovski is getting paid but how is he still with the org when JDS isn’t?
JDS started running away from dudes and complaining about being hit in the back of the head. Arlovski's time is coming soon, we all have an expiration date.

as for name value that vanished long ago along with the likes of overeem and jds.

who tunes in for an arlovskii fight, he loses most of them.

Future Hall of Famer, Most HW wins, Legend and regardless of inconsistencies he takes every challenger and still has a fan base that spans multiple age brackets.
This made me think do you have to be retired to be inducted (and I do believe Andrei is a future HOFer) or can you still be active?

Back