How is this guy still getting 300k plus to fight

Not gonna lie it was tough to find lol but I remembered Dana saying it after Arlovski fought out his contract on the prelims
Damn Arlovski has some Die Hard's in here putting in work!

HW's are usually paid well in the UFC.

Goes along with their silly "baddest man on the planet" thing I guess.

The UFC pays their HWs really well. I assume they don't want to lose the few they have to Bellator. I remember Hunt was making like $700K a fight and still bitching about the UFC.

Hunt was ready to bang and had some great finishes. Many loses, too.
But Arlo... well, the guy hasn't finished someone from 2015. All his wins are "I will be very pacient and wait for a decision"
I don't remember seeing him in an entertaining fight in the last years (his KO loses not included)

Arlovski is definitely a legend of the game but he's also been in some of the most boring fights I've ever seen. Not really tuning in to watch him at all anymore.

This.

Arlovski is a LEGEND!

Why does the OP not know about him?

AA is well worth it

Arlovski is indeed a legend.

The legendary Yushin Okami was in no way shape or form a huge MW. A very lanky one who used to walk around at 200lbs and fought half of his career at WW. Below average sized MW by today standards.

Arlovski is indeed a legend.

The legendary Yushin Okami was in no way shape or form a huge MW. A very lanky one who used to walk around at 200lbs and fought half of his career at WW. Below average sized MW by today standards.

But by then, he was HUGE! Not just in size but in the hearts of people (especially Joe Rogan)

In the 1920s he would be regarded as a Mountain of Muscle

And in the 1720s he would be a Japanese Giant!

Hunt was ready to bang and had some great finishes. Many loses, too.
But Arlo... well, the guy hasn't finished someone from 2015. All his wins are "I will be very pacient and wait for a decision"
I don't remember seeing him in an entertaining fight in the last years (his KO loses not included)

Hunt was consistantly a good draw for the UFC for years, either main eventing or being in the second biggest fight on PPV cards. Arlovski hasnt filled that role since the fight with Barnett in 2016.

Reem was down to 400k more recently and he was also a cosistant main eventer so it seems a bit strange to cut him and not Arlovski. JDS I can see the results damaged his credibility but Reem was still winning more than he lost and only losing to contenders.

Last edited:
But by then, he was HUGE! Not just in size but in the hearts of people (especially Joe Rogan)

In the 1920s he would be regarded as a Mountain of Muscle

And in the 1720s he would be a Japanese Giant!

Do you know about Primo Carnera?

Hunt was consistantly a good draw for the UFC for years, either main eventing or being in the second biggest fight on PPV cards. Arlovski hasnt filled that role since the fight with Barnett in 2016.

Reem was down to 400k more recently and he was also a cosistant main eventer so it seems a bit strange to cut him and not Arlovski. JDS I can see the results damaged his credibility but Reem was still winning more than he lost and only losing to contenders.

Correct.
I guess it was something like "Dana likes this guy better, so we'll keep him". Maybe Arlo always accepted what UFC proposed to him (fight schedule, opponents, contract, money), unlike Reem and JDS.

JDS lost only to top contenders and the actual champion. Sure, he looked bad in his fights, but not as bad as Arlo, though. He managed to finish Lewis, who is on a winning streak since then.

He's not been KO'd much lately. They get rid off fighters who get KO'd a lot. Like JDS and Reem. If avoiding bad stoppages it's easier to negotiate to stay around. AA's also a former UFC HW champ, seen as a legend.

They generally pay veterans with name value well. Two sides to that. Old guys being compensated for what they've done is good. But what they've done in the past doesn't necessarily mean they have the ability to compete at a top level.

Boring can. Isn’t 1979 anymore, or whenever this guy was good.

Correct.
I guess it was something like "Dana likes this guy better, so we'll keep him". Maybe Arlo always accepted what UFC proposed to him (fight schedule, opponents, contract, money), unlike Reem and JDS.

JDS lost only to top contenders and the actual champion. Sure, he looked bad in his fights, but not as bad as Arlo, though. He managed to finish Lewis, who is on a winning streak since then.

Could well be, I think Dana has always tended to have "his boys" who would basic do whatever was asked of them.

Dana sent him packing last time and watched him get purged by the last emperor. He felt bad after watching his champs getting smoked so he brought him back.

Back