How is this guy still getting 300k plus to fight

The UFC pays their HWs really well. I assume they don't want to lose the few they have to Bellator. I remember Hunt was making like $700K a fight and still bitching about the UFC.
More the UFC and its consumers love HWs for God knows what reason. And his contract is very old and probably grandfathered in from strikeforce or the other UFC days.
Dont worry, they're waiting for Andre to lose ..... the collateral damage contracts will continue to roll.
Yeah I got a feeling they told him if he didn't take this fight on short notice they would cut him. So he's probably done if he loses.

I hope Arlovski finishes his career in the UFC.

He has one of, if not, the best resume of HW fighters anywhere. Win or lose he's fought the who's who of top HW's, and I'll root for him every time.

It’s crazy he’s still fighting. Excited to see him fighting soon. Hope it’s not a decision though :D

The UFC pays their HWs really well. I assume they don't want to lose the few they have to Bellator. I remember Hunt was making like $700K a fight and still bitching about the UFC.
He bitched bc they let Brock skip USADA testing to fight him, then lost, then found out Brock was juicing. Pretty fair complaint

He's paid his dues. Dana even said in a post-fight press conference ages ago that veterans liek Arlovski, Overeem etc... get higher pay days because they are former champions and legends who've been with the company a long time and bring in viewers. Andrei's name next to Sherman is much more enticing that whoever his opponent was.

Back