How is Khabib hype diffferent from the "Machida era"?

Khabib basically dives for the legs and dry humps their legs while baby punching their face. Pretty gay style. Fight like a man. Not a scared bitch

I wrote a long ass article in my HS paper about how Jones was the GOAT after he beat Machida. Everyone laughed at me.

Who's laughing now?

Really? Everyone laughed at you? People were calling Jones the future GOAT after smashing (and "losing") to Hamil. In all my years watching MMA, i have never seen a fighter so hyped so fast as Jones

Khabib basically dives for the legs and dry humps their legs while baby punching their face. Pretty gay style. Fight like a man. Not a scared bitch

I have a feeling you will last a long time on Sherdog lol

Khabib has been vastly more dominant in his victories.

Then Machida? At the point Machida won the belt he had hardly been touched in the UFC outside of a hailmary triangle from Tito that was not close. He was winning some fights with his opponent only landing under 10 strikes

Last edited:
Really? Everyone laughed at you? People were calling Jones the future GOAT after smashing (and "losing") to Hamil. In all my years watching MMA, i have never seen a fighter so hyped so fast as Jones

For full context it was a Jones v AS argument and AS at the time was viewed as a god. But yeah the argument at the time was Shogun, Rampage and Machida were all washed up and that Bader lost to Tito.

For full context it was a Jones v AS argument and AS at the time was viewed as a god. But yeah the argument at the time was Shogun, Rampage and Machida were all washed up and that Bader lost to Tito.
People are stupid. You can nit pick any fighters record to try make it look bad

Are you stupid or something? Get over it Conor is tap machine

Khabib has been vastly more dominant in his victories.

Not really back when Machida won the title. He was 7-0 in the UFC and looked invincible at the time, there were Brock vs Machida threads abound.

How are these hypes different, both undefeated when they became champ both with very memeable victories over the previous champion? How is Khabib's reign supposed to go any different than Machida's? Why am I supposed to believe that Khabib is the chosen one?
Jon Jones was looming on the horizon, as well as prime Rashad and Shogun 2.0. What threats are there at LW right now? There's no one. And as much as we all want to see Khabib vs Tony, we all know deep down in our hearts that Ferguson will get CRUSHED. Who will be your savior then?

How are these hypes different, both undefeated when they became champ both with very memeable victories over the previous champion? How is Khabib's reign supposed to go any different than Machida's? Why am I supposed to believe that Khabib is the chosen one?
Khabib has defended the belt (and Machida Rua 1 doesn't count as a defence)

People make fun of the "machida era", but he got the lhw title, in a stacked division, with an undefeated record, which i'm pretty sure was a first at that time. And even today, he's considered one of the greatest strikers in mma. He retired Couture, smoked mousasi, and gave us Shadface. Throw some hespect on his name.
Someone who appreciates real good fighters and acknowledges them. Very good my friend. Machida was a monster, the first one to bring the heat to Jon "GOAT" Jones.

Last edited:
It'll really be the same when Conor KOs him in the rematch
I haven't seen anything that would suggest that could happen. Conor only has power against guys who charge in face first.

Khabib has defended the belt (and Machida Rua 1 doesn't count as a defence)

A lot of people agreed with that decision. The play by play commentary was very biased towards Shogun, watch the fight without it and looks like Machida won a close 3-2 fight.

Jon Jones was looming on the horizon, as well as prime Rashad and Shogun 2.0. What threats are there at LW right now? There's no one. And as much as we all want to see Khabib vs Tony, we all know deep down in our hearts that Ferguson will get CRUSHED. Who will be your savior then?

When Machida won the belt Jon Jones had 2 fights in the UFC.

"What threats are there at LHW right now". Given how title shots at 155 are given out we might never find out.

I don't know this.

Because Khabib has looked pretty unbeatable the last 5 years or so. Everyone and their brother knows what he's going to do, and he does it anyways. There where points in Machida's fights leading up to the belt where he looked very beatable. Khabb has just been straight smashing people for several years now. Honestly, there's only been one fight in his entire career where he looked beatable, and he was fighting a big time PED user while being still kinda green at the time.

I think what really makes khabib look so dominant is how he just looks like a cat playing with a mouse against some of the best fighters on the planet. The way he stood with Conor and Al when he didn't have to says a lot about how little respect Khabib has for the competition. I've following MMA for 25 years, and I trained and competed in MMA for about 6 year. My eyes and experience tell me that Khabib is better than anyone that's ever competed in the sport including Jon Jones. I didn't feel that way at all about Machida.

Khabib even before he was champion was considered the best fighter in the division.
Nobody considered him the best fighter in the best fighter in the division and nobody does. We all know it is Tony Ferguson. Khabib is a coward, using any and all excuses to run from him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back