How in the name of God did Mike Tyson ever lose to professional bum McBride?

Crap trainer. I've met him plenty of times and seen him training people. Dude should stick to being a fighter. BUT he is very big on fitness for his fighters.
Why is he a bad trainer?

Well if neither of us know what the point is I’ll disregard it.
But to address the example at hand, you realize Hopkins turned pro at age 25 right after got out of jail. There was some lie that went viral amongst boxing fans that he never ammied, but later revieldd that he eatimates he had 60 ammies and he has started training boxing after he dropped out of 8th grade.
But even if you take into account the late wearNtear, bernard’s age record still stands as one of if not the single greatest age to accomplishment ratio in sports’ history, not just combat.
My recollection is that Hopkins reportedly had about 100 amateur fights. 95-5 is the number I recall.

EDIT: I was off by one! 95-4.

Why is he a bad trainer?

A good trainer needs to be able to explain things in a way people can understand. Jeff is entertaining to talk to and listen to but honestly he has the IQ of a potato.
Fantastic fighter but he can't translate what he was able to do and why he did it into words to help teach someone else.

A good trainer needs to be able to explain things in a way people can understand. Jeff is entertaining to talk to and listen to but honestly he has the IQ of a potato.
Fantastic fighter but he can't translate what he was able to do and why he did it into words to help teach someone else.
All I can say is that I loved his instructionals. Not a fan or anything, dont think I've even seen a full fight of his.

Tyson was fun to watch and most of his wins came against bar fighter types .. when he fought legitimate good skilled boxers such as evander Lennox = he was exposed . Tyson was never at the level of a evander Lennox the klitchkos Ali etc

That was an old lethargic flat footed Mike.

I'll never forget what he said in the lead up to that fight. "If I can't beat this guy then I have no business in the ring anymore," and he turned out to be right.

All I can say is that I loved his instructionals. Not a fan or anything, dont think I've even seen a full fight of his.
Never watched his series with Azumah Nelson? Their first fight was infamous. It made Ring Magazine's worst decision of the year. If Fenech had taken that fight, he'd have been a 3 or 4 division champion, I think. I can't remember which. There was a certain number of championships across weight classes he was aiming for and due to the draw, he fell short of his goal.

Never watched his series with Azumah Nelson? Their first fight was infamous. It made Ring Magazine's worst decision of the year. If Fenech had taken that fight, he'd have been a 3 or 4 division champion, I think. I can't remember which. There was a certain number of championships across weight classes he was aiming for and due to the draw, he fell short of his goal.
no, only know him by rep and his record is really impressive.

no, only know him by rep and his record is really impressive.
Yeah, he was a beast. He was a real animal. Real entertaining to watch, super aggressive and tough. I'm sure you'd be a fan. Just looked it up and I guess it was 4 titles across 4 weight classes that he was going for in the Nelson fight. Pretty impressive.

Yeah, he was a beast. He was a real animal. Real entertaining to watch, super aggressive and tough. I'm sure you'd be a fan. Just looked it up and I guess it was 4 titles across 4 weight classes that he was going for in the Nelson fight. Pretty impressive.
ya, at that point in my life i was just entering adulthood and was working alot and didn't get to see many fights, cable was really gettings it's hooks in by that point too. I don't think i saw tyson's fights from that era until many years later. I was reading the mags the whole time but of course that's not the same as watching.

Yeah but he probably had a script for that hahahah

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back