How in the name of God did Mike Tyson ever lose to professional bum McBride?

TheMaster

Take The Road To Reality
@red
Reaction score
I mean I know he was past it, but he was only 39.
How can he lose all his devastating punch power and even pride as a boxer to go out like that against a professional bum boxer from Ireland?
!!??

Mcbride vs Tyson victim Galota not long later.

Prime Tyson brutalizes Galota into quitting.

You can decline but that much and that fast? Especially since he still looks good on the pads in his 50's.

1.Jeff Fenech training him
2. Far smaller
3. Mentally fucked
4. Cocaine addicted
5. Just wanted money
6. More cocaine addiction
7. Needed money
8. For that cocaine addiction

Dont really know, even Parkinson's ali won 4 out of ten against berbick. One problem we have to plain admit is the height difference

At the end Tyson didn’t train more than a week or two for fights. Doing coke, drinking and smoking weed and even cigarettes, so he had the stamina of a 70yr old grandma.

Mike no longer wanted to fight . People are going to make it out like he couldn’t win but these types of people are ridiculous not to mention he tore something in the fight .

Mike looks good again because he wants to fight , the Tyson you saw for Golota is the one most likely set to appear again with a much better head in the game if he chooses to do so, I’d Say he’s not flipping shark cages that weigh over 1,000 pounds on a beach for fun either . You got guys thinking a no balanced 6”7 footer ,most limited fighter with no jaw , no jab is also going to beat this Mike based off some fights he didn’t even train for and claim poor Mike doesn’t stand a chance and think a number of 53 is the all to end all of proving anything.They don’t even know their boxing history ? <45>

I mean I know he was past it, but he was only 39.
How can he lose all his devastating punch power and even pride as a boxer to go out like that against a professional bum boxer from Ireland?
!!??

Mcbride vs Tyson victim Galota not long later.

Prime Tyson brutalizes Galota into quitting.

You can decline but that much and that fast? Especially since he still looks good on the pads in his 50's.

Yet some people still think he’d be a top HW if he came out of retirement now.
It’s ridiculous

Dont really know, even Parkinson's ali won 4 out of ten against berbick. One problem we have to plain admit is the height difference

I loved how, Round 8 I think it was? Ali spent the round jabbing and moving like it was the 1960’s again

Always wondered if Kevin Rooney could have gotten more out of Mike in his last years, including the Lennox Lewis fight.
I think Rooney would've been down, but Mike didn't want to contact him for whatever reason.

Rooney for the Holyfield rematch would've been interesting too.

He gassed out.

Sort of hard to fight when your body isn't in shape to do so.

No heart to train or fight

Like the Williams fight he started good, but gassed very quickly

Tyson even now would be great for a round or two, but with his explosive, aggressive style, it is hard to maintain with age

Tyson could obviously go 12 rounds, but for me he was a truly great fighter for 6 rounds

Mike no longer wanted to fight . People are going to make it out like he couldn’t win but these types of people are ridiculous not to mention he tore something in the fight .

Mike looks good again because he wants to fight , the Tyson you saw for Golota is the one most likely set to appear again with a much better head in the game if he chooses to do so, I’d Say he’s not flipping shark cages that weigh over 1,000 pounds on a beach for fun either . You got guys thinking a no balanced 6”7 footer ,most limited fighter with no jaw , no jab is also going to beat this Mike based off some fights he didn’t even train for and claim poor Mike doesn’t stand a chance and think a number of 53 is the all to end all of proving anything.They don’t even know their boxing history ? <45>

OK Mr Boxing History

Tell me another 53 yr old who beat someone who could be said to be in the world top 10?

No Excuses, just name names..

[/QUOTE]
At the end Tyson didn’t train more than a week or two for fights. Doing coke, drinking and smoking weed and even cigarettes, so he had the stamina of a 70yr old grandma.

On his podcast he claims he never did drugs while in training camp for a fight. Even in the mcbride fight he was only a few kg over his his fighting prime weight - that tells me he did more than 1-2 weeks of training.

If he had turned up looking like fat James Toney I'd believe it.

Tyson looked similar for the McBride fight to what he looked for other later career fights and his weight was about the same too. I think the problem was more between his ears than around his waste line.​

Last edited:
On his podcast he claims he never did drugs while in training camp for a fight. Even in the mcbride fight he was only a few kg over his his fighting prime weight - that tells me he did more than 1-2 weeks of training.

If he had turned up looking like fat James Toney I'd believe it.

Tyson looked similar for the McBride fight to what he looked for other later career fights and his weight was about the same too. I think the problem was more between his ears than around his waste line.[/QUOTE]

Yeah absolutely. Tyson gets way overhyped these days. People at my work claiming he can win the heavyweight title at 53 years of age because he hits the training mits in an impressive manner. I could walk up to any post 50 year old ex top 10 heavy champ and they would look great on the pads

Back