How important was it for Conor's legacy to rematch Nate?

so he used his feet to get away from nates attack, that's called footwork. maybe you should #justread a friggin book or something.

footwork -
WGDJzHr.gif

running (away)
f1-sI7.gif

A better move for Conor's legacy would be defending a title, any title, for the first time in his career.

Conor himself said he went into UFC 202 at 167lbs. I don't think thats true even as a Conor fan. If he really weighed 167 fight night then the cut to 145 would be no problem.

Yeah, I thought that as well. But he's cutting down to a lower weight class at 145 and before Lockhart start doing his nutrition; they probably weren't doing the weight cut right and when he was fighting the second time against Diaz, he was probably training and eating more, thus burning off more calories.

Kavanagh said before the Alvarez fight, Conor's weight was lower 2 weeks out compared to some fights at 145 and that he could train hard all through his camp, instead of mainly focusing on weight management before a fight at 145. Lockhart came onboard before the Aldo fight and was able to monitor Conor's weight and let him eat more than he normally would.

One of the training vlogs Conor did before 205, Lockhart was on it saying he had to keep upping his calorie intake.

so he used his feet to get away from nates attack, that's called footwork. maybe you should #justread a friggin book or something.

Lol fucking Conor fans.

Dominic Cruz uses footwork to avoid attacks. Conor literally jogged backwards and ran sideways. A little faster and he would've been sprinting like that bitch ass reem against Stipe.

It's a shame that the ref who helped write up the unified rules of MMA wasn't on call for that fight and penalized him for it.

Oh, wait ;)

usa-today-9494128.0.jpg

yeah hes the guy that allowed vitor to throw headkicks at jon jones who was, according to these rules, "a grounded opponent"

real clever stuff

Ali ran more than anyone. if you're calling conor a runner, ali is definitely one.

also
conor-disrupts-jab-bypasses-left-hook.gif

conor-kicks-feints-the-kick-to-set-up-punching-combos.gif

conor bless

lol i wasnt showing you that so that we could talk about ali. i was showing you what is considered to be "footwork". if anything, running, as in, literally running, the gait that is referred to as running, which is what we both know conor did in the fight, that would be considered "legwork", not footwork. footwork and evasion allow you to be close to your opponent but not be hit. whereas running away is the opposite of fighting.

I agree that a 3rd fight needs to happen, BUT you have to agree even if it was a draw in your eyes, that it was a massive stepup from quitting the first fight to getting choked the fuck out.

It was also a massive step up from fighting guys like Aldo and Mendes.

It was very important, Conor knew he let himself down in the first fight.

yeah hes the guy that allowed vitor to throw headkicks at jon jones who was, according to these rules, "a grounded opponent"

real clever stuff

Changing the subject now.

Stop whining. It's only a sport.

Conor fans... always bringing up Nates size advantage. What about the size advantage Conor had over nearly everyone in FW? Dude looked bigger than Eddie as well at 155... but those don't count.

He looked significantly bigger, no idea how he ever made FW. I mean I watched the fight with some casuals and they thought Eddie was the one coming up a weight division.

Changing the subject now.

Stop whining. It's only a sport.

yeah the subject, that you brought up, was john mccarthy, and i pointed out that hes pissed on his own rules before. suck it

Massive. One of GSPs best qualities is that he beat the 2 guys who beat him in rematches. (Hendricks loss asside).
Gsp beat Hendricks more so than conor beat nate in the rematch

I agree that a 3rd fight needs to happen, BUT you have to agree even if it was a draw in your eyes, that it was a massive stepup from quitting the first fight to getting choked the fuck out.
All he did was pace himself and not give out his neck. I give him credit but it wasnt this display of heart and skill

yeah the subject, that you brought up, was john mccarthy, and i pointed out that hes pissed on his own rules before. suck it

Yes, I did. Which you still failed to address - aside from something McCarthy done in the past, which has no relevance to the debate.

Yes, I did. Which you still failed to address - aside from something McCarthy done in the past, which has no relevance to the debate.

i aint got time to talk to someone as dumb as you

Back