How important was it for Conor's legacy to rematch Nate?

Conor fans... always bringing up Nates size advantage. What about the size advantage Conor had over nearly everyone in FW? Dude looked bigger than Eddie as well at 155... but those don't count.
Conor himself said he went into UFC 202 at 167lbs. I don't think thats true even as a Conor fan. If he really weighed 167 fight night then the cut to 145 would be no problem.

Even the Conor haters on this forum think Conor is a better then even chance against all the LWs apart from Khabib. Middle of the road is a terrible call. You are just looking for attention or trolling. Eddie is no real champion but Conor treated him like a child. If it was anyone else but Conor that did that to Eddie you would be talking about how he's going to destroy Conor ffs

Conor comfortably beats Nate at LW anyway imo.

Ah, he's just a wee lad. Barely beats journeyman at 155. Who gives a fuck?

He should've never gotten a LW title shot for beating Aldo in the first place. Not a single title defense at FW or a win at LW and he got gifted a title shot against RDA? Okay.

If Cody Garbage wins the belt against Cruz next weekend he won't have to defend his belt and he'll automatically get a shot at Aldo in a division he's never fought in cause that's how it works apparently.
Every champion gets an immediate title shot when moving up or down.

Yesterday and today i've been become obsessed with UFC 202. Through all the hype and everything, ive been thinking about why Conor needed the rematch. I remember after 196 that many people abandoned him. I was also a hater before 196 and i wanted Nate Diaz to win, but i also wanted to see how Conor responded to adversity. Everyone doubted him. The media, the fans, the fighters.

He had height, reach, size disadvantage. He got bullied by Nate the first fight, and he had to conquer his inner demons. Conor's face changed drastically after 196. You could see the darkness in his eyes. He literally aged 10+ years in a few months. I also believe that Conor intentionally skipped the press conference to train 1,5 months extra. I think those months swung the decision in Conor's favour.

In my eyes, his performance at 202 will ALWAYS be the best achievementhe did, even better than 205. In 202 he showed everything, heart, will, skill, determination, and he didn't quit in there which he did in the first fight. Look at Ronda for example. She trademarked fearthereturn, and she didnt even rematch the girl who KO'ed her. That says alot about Conor's character. I have also got my ass kicked back in high school, and i wanted no part of a rematch whatsoever.

Conor's performance at 202 should IMO be the performance of the year.

no champion can feel at ease with a performance where he literally ran from his opponent on multiple occassions like a fucking pussy. i struggle to think of a performance where a belt holder looked so bad. thats shameful. its all very well posting videos of him running away with funny music but that is a disgrace and he should have had many many points deducted for refusing to engage. this is in the rules, its called timidity. ran away from his opponent on multiple occassions, had pathetic cardio and physical conditioning, just absolutely shit, looked like a one dimensional chump

Same as GSP rematching Serra.

yes as well has his loss to hughes and his controversial win over BJ in the first fight.

first of all I love nate but conor won at least 3 rounds in the rematch arguably 4.

second of all he was in no way obligated to rematch him.

for every GSP there is an Anderson silva, who has made up for 0 of his losses. Yet his legacy is never questioned in that regard.

no champion can feel at ease with a performance where he literally ran from his opponent on multiple occassions like a fucking pussy. i struggle to think of a performance where a belt holder looked so bad. thats shameful. its all very well posting videos of him running away with funny music but that is a disgrace and he should have had many many points deducted for refusing to engage. this is in the rules, its called timidity. ran away from his opponent on multiple occassions, had pathetic cardio and physical conditioning, just absolutely shit, looked like a one dimensional chump

dont be stuck in the mud

In Pride rules Conor would do the river dance all over Nates head when he dropped him 3 times. This fantasy world is fun.

Yeah right dude...

Every time Nate fell he fell with his legs towards Conor and looking straight at him. Conor would have to jump over his entire body to stomp him on the face.

And he would risk having to go go the ground in case Nate catches a leg and pulls him down.

Its not like Nate was rocked and wouldn't be able to react in time. He caught himself before he even hit the ground every time. He wasnt wobbly at all from those KDs.

dont be stuck in the mud

if you were in a street fight and you started jogging round and round in the alley so the other guy couldnt get to you, everyone there would know you were a pussy, including yourself

Conor beating Nate again does nothing for his legacy. Conor went from 145 to 170 and was beating Diaz till he made a mistake and was submitted.. in the second fight, Conor outclassed Diaz in every way and made hamburger meat out of his face even more than the first fight. Conor is a 2 division champ while Diaz has done nothing.. Conor might also get the WW belt while Diaz will do fookin nuttin

Conor's performance at 202 should IMO be the performance of the year.

Yeah gassing out, running away and winning a narrow decision over Nate Diaz is clearly performance of the year.

He had height, reach, size disadvantage.

Cry me a river. Conor had a significant size and reach advantage against all the guys he beat and he got choked out by a mid tier fighter and the only guy he didn't have those advantages over. Barely edged out a win in the rematch where he spent 300k on the training camp. Conor is a hyped up joke

if you were in a street fight and you started jogging round and round in the alley so the other guy couldnt get to you, everyone there would know you were a pussy, including yourself

if i was in a street fight and used footwork to hit while avoiding getting hit im pretty sure I'd win the fight and have to pay a medical bill. Have you ever even been in a fight? lol

Conor himself said he went into UFC 202 at 167lbs. I don't think thats true even as a Conor fan. If he really weighed 167 fight night then the cut to 145 would be no problem.

He weighed in at 168.

if i was in a street fight and used footwork to hit while avoiding getting hit im pretty sure I'd win the fight and have to pay a medical bill. Have you ever even been in a fight? lol

he wasnt using footwork. he literally turned his back and ran away on several occassions. we dont have medical bills where im from #justbleed

he wasnt using footwork. he literally turned his back and ran away on several occassions. we dont have medical bills where im from #justbleed

so he used his feet to get away from nates attack, that's called footwork. maybe you should #justread a friggin book or something.

He weighed in at 168.
Yeah i know that, but i think he cut to 168 so the size difference would be larger. Don't get me wrong there was a significant size difference in there, but Conor does not walk around at 168

I think he would comfortably beat Nate at 155. Considering he had already beat him at 170.

He lost to him at 170, badly. He kinda, sorta won the next time. So congrats, he barely beat an average fighter. Yay. After losing to him. Nate Diaz, non world beater.

Conor beating Nate again does nothing for his legacy. Conor went from 145 to 170 and was beating Diaz till he made a mistake and was submitted.. in the second fight, Conor outclassed Diaz in every way and made hamburger meat out of his face even more than the first fight. Conor is a 2 division champ while Diaz has done nothing.. Conor might also get the WW belt while Diaz will do fookin nuttin

So Conor was winning until he wasn't?

In the second fight he ran like a gazelle and got gifted a decision "win".

Conor has 0 title defenses in either division.

He can't fight Nate right now. He doesn't wanna fight Khabib and you know he doesn't wanna cut back down to 145 so it's "paternity leave" until a more convenient challenger comes along and he'll fucking finally defend his belt.

Back