How important was it for Conor's legacy to rematch Nate?

Lol fucking Conor fans.

Dominic Cruz uses footwork to avoid attacks. Conor literally jogged backwards and ran sideways. A little faster and he would've been sprinting like that bitch ass reem against Stipe.
You're an idiot . Let's remember nates face after both fights

Yesterday and today i've been become obsessed with UFC 202. Through all the hype and everything, ive been thinking about why Conor needed the rematch. I remember after 196 that many people abandoned him. I was also a hater before 196 and i wanted Nate Diaz to win, but i also wanted to see how Conor responded to adversity. Everyone doubted him. The media, the fans, the fighters.

He had height, reach, size disadvantage. He got bullied by Nate the first fight, and he had to conquer his inner demons. Conor's face changed drastically after 196. You could see the darkness in his eyes. He literally aged 10+ years in a few months. I also believe that Conor intentionally skipped the press conference to train 1,5 months extra. I think those months swung the decision in Conor's favour.

In my eyes, his performance at 202 will ALWAYS be the best achievementhe did, even better than 205. In 202 he showed everything, heart, will, skill, determination, and he didn't quit in there which he did in the first fight. Look at Ronda for example. She trademarked fearthereturn, and she didnt even rematch the girl who KO'ed her. That says alot about Conor's character. I have also got my ass kicked back in high school, and i wanted no part of a rematch whatsoever.

Conor's performance at 202 should IMO be the performance of the year.

Sorry, I disagree.

IMO his best win was over Eddie.
He used precision, neutralized Eddie's game and just murdered him standing.

Barely beating a journeymen that has one blatant flaw does not compute in my mind as Conor's best win.

He has none.
A belt that got stripped because he was unwilling to defend it, and a phony belt from a gifted TS.

"Phony belt from a gifted TS"

He, after months upon months of talking shit, walked in there against one of the MMA GOATs and knocked him clean out.

If the real belt doesn't come from flat-out starching Jose Aldo...where the hell does the real belt come from? From the UFC retroactively making a non-title fight an actual title fight?

Weird.

conor should fight lawler.

Last edited:
If Conor rematches Nate: he's running from the FWs!
If Conor doesn't rematch Nate: He's running from Nate!

It's a catch-22. Everything is a catch-22 with Conor because it doesn't matter what he does - it's never good enough and the haters will always hate on him, regardless of what happens. He could beat Holloway, Aldo, Khabib, Ferguson, Lando, Mendes, Edgar, Condit, Woodley, Stephen Thompson, and Stipe Miocic in one night and the haters will say "yeah but he's ducking <insert random fighter>"

He, after months upon months of talking shit, walked in there against one of the MMA GOATs and knocked him clean out.

If the real belt doesn't come from flat-out starching Jose Aldo...where the hell does the real belt come from? From the UFC retroactively making a non-title fight an actual title fight?

Weird.
Don't try and use logic or expect reasonable discussion with Conor haters. It's impossible. He's got them so triggered that they're incapable of rational thought.

079_Nathan_Diaz_vs_Michael_Johnson.0.0.jpg

Nate-Diaz-Conor-McGregor-202.png

He's definitely heavier by more than 10-15 pounds. He looks like a different man. His face looks different (and not just because of all the damage), he's got a lot more meat on his torso, arms, etc.

Looks literally almost completely the same except that he's in closer view in the second pic. Astonishing considering he was fighting one weight class higher in the second picture.

All those people whining about him not defending the FW belt would be mocking him for only being able to beat midgets if he just beat Aldo again. People here actually though Nate would beat Conor 10 times out of 10. That was blasphemous and setting that record straight was far more important than beating Aldo again.

The rematch and winning were imperative. It allowed Conor the chance at the LW title without having to face a contender first. This was important because they had a good stylistic match up at champion. It's the reason Eddie for the TS over anyone else off of 3 unimpressive performances. There was only so long they could keep Tony or Khabib away from the belt if Conor had not won the rematch.

conor should fight lawler.

Last edited:
Cry me a river. Conor had a significant size and reach advantage against all the guys he beat and he got choked out by a mid tier fighter and the only guy he didn't have those advantages over. Barely edged out a win in the rematch where he spent 300k on the training camp. Conor is a hyped up joke
By this logic, why is everyone clamoring for Khabib to get a title shot? After all, isn't Michael Johnson some low level scrub anyone can beat? Even guys like mid-tier Diaz.

By this logic, why is everyone clamoring for Khabib to get a title shot? After all, isn't Michael Johnson some low level scrub anyone can beat? Even guys like mid-tier Diaz.

what has that to do with anything I said? Conor fans praise him for barely defeating a guy in a rematch that had a size advantage over him when he himself fought only smaller guys throughout his career. You can't deny that.

what has that to do with anything I said? Conor fans praise him for barely defeating a guy in a rematch that had a size advantage over him when he himself fought only smaller guys throughout his career. You can't deny that.
I disagree that Nate Diaz is a mid-tier fighter.

As for size advantage, the point is arguable. Size is more than just height and reach. Ask our heavyweight champ Stefan Struve. By the current rule set, fighters compete under weight classes not height/ reach classes. (even as short heavy guy, I find this to be fair). Mcgregor has fought at 145 and 155 (two catch weight at 170) and Nate Diaz has fought at 155 and 170. Nate Diaz is the larger fighter when you average the weight classes they have fought at. All of McGregor's opponents have been in the same weight class he challenged them in. By the weight class logic for size, he has been the same size as his opponents. (caveat that this argument is most effective when viewed post IV ban)

Important as most of the fights in a fighters career, it was the only fight left that was not Aldo, RDA was out the question at the time because well, Nate submitted Conor before.

Yesterday and today i've been become obsessed with UFC 202. Through all the hype and everything, ive been thinking about why Conor needed the rematch. I remember after 196 that many people abandoned him. I was also a hater before 196 and i wanted Nate Diaz to win, but i also wanted to see how Conor responded to adversity. Everyone doubted him. The media, the fans, the fighters.

He had height, reach, size disadvantage. He got bullied by Nate the first fight, and he had to conquer his inner demons. Conor's face changed drastically after 196. You could see the darkness in his eyes. He literally aged 10+ years in a few months. I also believe that Conor intentionally skipped the press conference to train 1,5 months extra. I think those months swung the decision in Conor's favour.

In my eyes, his performance at 202 will ALWAYS be the best achievementhe did, even better than 205. In 202 he showed everything, heart, will, skill, determination, and he didn't quit in there which he did in the first fight. Look at Ronda for example. She trademarked fearthereturn, and she didnt even rematch the girl who KO'ed her. That says alot about Conor's character. I have also got my ass kicked back in high school, and i wanted no part of a rematch whatsoever.

You forget all those brisk jogs
away from his opponent? He
looked like Tim Kennedy.

What's with these skinny/fat
dudes beating the ever living shit
out of jacked boys?

The rematch was important but a fucking rubber match is necessary!!!

Weird.
"Walked in " must mean "given an undeserved title shot, and airlifted to the front of the line, over everyone who'd earned their place in it, not because it makes any goddamned sense, but because money"

If he cares about his legacy as much as the Mcfans, he'll do it the right way.

Back