How engaged are you in Christmas right now? ☃️⛄

Not really but with kids at home we have to do our best.

Our government has hinted at maybe allowing an additional two people over for Christmas dinner this year. Normally I would invite my parents but my brother is in the hospital (not Covid) and his immune system is pretty compromised. They put him in isolation. My mom goes and sees him every day. So I don't want to take any risks.

2020 sucks

My wife filled up our whole apartment with xmas decorations she has been doing this since October to be fair in our country Christmas decorations start as early as September. When i went to the mall this morning it was already full xmas mode.

I wouldn't dream of doing it before December 1st but I put a Christmas tree up on Saturday because 2020 fucking sucks and we all need a bit of pretty to cheer ourselves up. My next door neighbour did the same.
And my tree topper? Buddy Christ!
View attachment 814707
Philippinian sucks so bad that we have to put up christmas trees on the 2nd week of august.

My wife filled up our whole apartment with xmas decorations she has been doing this since October to be fair in our country Christmas decorations start as early as September. When i went to the mall this morning it was already full xmas mode.
I normally tut and roll my eyes when the Christmas adverts are on TV and decorations for sale in shops too early. This year, I love it. Can't get enough of it, I'm in for all the tacky lights and baubles. I'm going out tomorrow to buy more.
Is it just there, or other countries near you? I was in Thailand in December and didn't see any there.

bah-humbug.jpg

My entire hood is feeling the Christmas spirit this year... Lights and inflatable Santa's are already in full effect. As others have said, most wanna forget about the rona and cheer up.

For me the holidays were always about going broke, getting overweight and getting sick anyways, I never got into it tbh.

I normally tut and roll my eyes when the Christmas adverts are on TV and decorations for sale in shops too early. This year, I love it. Can't get enough of it, I'm in for all the tacky lights and baubles. I'm going out tomorrow to buy more.
Is it just there, or other countries near you? I was in Thailand in December and didn't see any there.
Not sure about other asian countries but in the Philippines we love the xmas season. Im not complaining we have been quarantined since March so its a good change of pace to lift up the spirits. I personally re started my aquarium, watching the fish swim around is relaxing.

Not sure about other asian countries but in the Philippines we love the xmas season. Im not complaining we have been quarantined since March so its a good change of pace to lift up the spirits. I personally re started my aquarium, watching the fish swim around is relaxing.
Yeah I really like it being early this year. Normally since being an adult the first Christmas jingle I heard in November would drive me mad. I saw advent calendars at a check out like maybe a month ago and my reaction was "d'aaawww", not disdain.

Decorating right now and have had the music playing since the day after Halloween. I love the season and always go all in.

I really appreciate Christmas more and more: a break in the monotony of the cold, dark, damp season that otherwise goes on unbroken between November and frickin' March. Let's put up some lights and forget about that for a moment. Even more so with the 'rona messing up everything.

No Christmas stuff in my house until after thanksgiving. I can tell my wife is already planning to go big this year. Absent any holiday parties, that’s how she’s gonna celebrate.

I usually don't get engaged until the day after Thanksgiving although this year my wife wants to put up the tree earlier. We were suppose to go to Vegas for Thanksgiving, but I think odds seems less likely now that covid is getting worse and likely shutting things down. Luckily I kept the hooks up for the lights outside so it only takes me like an hour or two to put up. I honestly wish I could go to Hawaii for Christmas, but again Covid.

Decorating right now and have had the music playing since the day after Halloween. I love the season and always go all in.
I really appreciate Christmas more and more: a break in the monotony of the cold, dark, damp season that otherwise goes on unbroken between November and frickin' March. Let's put up some lights and forget about that for a moment. Even more so with the 'rona messing up everything.
This is exactly the spirit we need right now. I love my tree. It's only a small cheap one because my other two are in storage, but I loved decorating it on Saturday. I'm looking forward to getting home from work tonight and seeing it all lit up. 3 sets of lights as well on various things. Stick my PJs on and feel all comfy warm looking at them. If I can't sunbathe, I'm making the most out of this.

Spent a lot on new Christmas decorations this year, mostly on a tree and new ornaments. Will probably put it up after Thanksgiving.

Back