Social What are you eating for your Christmas roast today?

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
We having goose today with all the trimmings. Be ready in a couple of hours.

iStock-520265799.jpg

If I remember correctly, we had duck last Christmas, and turkey the year before. Poor birds this time of year though.

What are you having this Christmas?

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Honey Baked Ham
Potato Salad
Mac and Cheese
Corn
Deviled eggs
Dinner rolls

Currently eating gammon in white bread that we cooked earlier.

Kids just had pizza.

Wife has duck in oven cooking currently.

The kids and I have turkey for when it gets done.

No scheduled time for dinner in our house on Christmas, it happens when it happens.

Not a big spread but having a 45 dry age prime rib gonna sous vide, with asparagus and wild rice as sides.

I thought about crusting it with pistachio or something but decided I'd sous vide it, and while I could still crust it just extra work I don't want to do. And just going to sear it after sous vide simple gravy and creamy horseradish for sauce options.

Not a trace of snow up here for the first time in my 57 Christmases to date.

We”re rolling with it and firing up the grill for some nice ribeyes. Medium rare, no ketchup. :cool:

Lobster and scallops plus I’m going to cook a bass for the dog. I gave turkeys and hams away for the pelple who work with me but I personally aren’t nuts about either tbh.

Whatever my sister in law makes. They insist on having Christmas at their place every year so I don't gotta do shit.

Not a big spread but having a 45 dry age prime rib gonna sous vide, with asparagus and wild rice as sides.

I thought about crusting it with pistachio or something but decided I'd sous vide it, and while I could still crust it just extra work I don't want to do. And just going to sear it after sous vide simple gravy and creamy horseradish for sauce options.

That’s one thing I have never sous vide. Let me know how it turns out. I’m doing prime rib in the oven, want to do the grill but don’t feel like fucking with the charcoal.

Will be ordering Chinese like every Christmas. It's literally a Xmas tradition in my family going back decades.

Thanksgiving- Turkey
Christmas - Chinese take out feast
Easter - Ham
4th of July - Brisket an assorted BBQ
Labor Day. - whole Hog

Back