How does Nick win?

GSP seems to enjoy showing off a new wrinkle to his game at each fight. In this one, it will be leg kicks. He's super athletic and hard working so expect him to show off Bukau-esque leg kicks.

Cliffs:
1. Even if he does and Nick can't walk after the 2nd round, expect a 5 round UD 50-45 decision. This is the same guy who didn't try to finish one-eyed Kos over 4 rounds.
2. Not trying to bash Kos. He showed heart and I couldn't have finished him either.
3. I don't care if I mispelled the popular MT fighter's name.

:eek:

GSP can't kick like Buakaw.

He definantly has the submission skills.. guy is a legit black belt. Not a bullshit greg jackson blackbelt or whatever GSP has.

Try finding out who actually gave gsp his bjj bb before coming across like an idiot.

He doesn't win.

GSP is going to Double Leg him, smash his scar-tissue ridden eyebrows into a bloody pulp, and the fight will be stopped by the doctor.

will look exactly like Rory vs BJ .... GSP will outstrike Diaz by a wide margin and show he is by far the better boxer. Diaz's only chance is by submission if by some miracle GSP makes a mistake on the ground.

If that happens Diaz will KO GSP in the first round. You are dreaming if you think GSP is doing anything but going for the take down.

He doesn't win.

GSP is going to Double Leg him, smash his scar-tissue ridden eyebrows into a bloody pulp, and the fight will be stopped by the doctor.

That will be better than a 5 round hump a thon

If GSP wants to grapple, Diaz wins by submission. If GSP wants to strike, Diaz TKOs him. I wouldn't even be shocked by a Diaz UD.

GSP by Diego Sanchez style beatdown... GSP is twice as strong and twice as talented as Diaz...

Diaz has been kept safe from strong wrestlers for the past couple of years...but no longer!!!

Diaz has a 5% chance of submission during the 20 minutes he will spend on his back. That's about it. There won't be much chance to use his striking after jab-jab-takedown.

GSP knocks him down multiple times with leg kicks, goes in for the finish and Diaz talks shit about his mom. GSP, finally snapping after years of being the nicest guy in the UFC smashes Diaz' face with a kick... And loses by DQ.

I genuinely believe that Nick is Georges' nightmare opponent AND Georges is Nick's nightmare opponent.

Nick's biggest weakness shown over his career has been wrestling, even though we haven't seen him against a wrestler in a long time. Georges likes to fight people where they are weakest, but he can only use his wrestling to take Nick to the ground, which he will at will, but then it becomes a grappling match up, and Nick is probably the best jiu jitsu player Georges has ever faced. The only other really sharp jj player he fought was Shields, and that was a stand up affair. If he chooses to stand with Nick, it is also a long night for him.

its gonna look a lot like a fight i watched a week ago with another guy named diaz

The Gracie camp needs to find strong wrestlers for Nick to exclusively train with. From now until the fight he should be training TDD, building some muscle, and developing a granite guard. There's no fucking way GSP will risk standing with Nick.

So does Nick have a chance? Of course but he will have a greater chance if the Gracie Camp trains primarily to counter GSPs strengths.

If that happens Diaz will KO GSP in the first round. You are dreaming if you think GSP is doing anything but going for the take down.

Seriously what fucking planet are you on? Diaz's striking is mediocre at best when you take into consideration things like defense and footwork. His boxing is ugly, it can be effective yes but its still ugly. He doesn't throw 1 punch KO punches so GSP has nothing to be scared of. With much better footwork, kicks, and a jab GSP is going to stand with him all day. One of the biggest reasons this will be the case is there is no fear of a 1 punch KO so even if GSP does get into trouble he just takes Diaz down. Diaz's highest percentage chance is catching GSP in a sub or having Steve Mazzagatti as a ref.

Nick is probably the best jiu jitsu player Georges has ever faced.

Penn has better BJJ than Diaz. That's why Penn is still only 1 of 2 Americans to ever win the Mundials which he did after only his first 3 years of training. I'm not saying Penn is necessarily a more dangerous submission threat from his back than Diaz, but he's certainly better at BJJ.

Shields also certainly has better BJJ than Diaz, but of course that's one of the reasons GSP didn't want to go there with him (that and his non-dangerous standup).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back