How does Nick win?

If GSP wants to grapple, Diaz wins by submission. If GSP wants to strike, Diaz TKOs him. I wouldn't even be shocked by a Diaz UD.

Yes and u my friend are a moron. Diaz isn't even a top 5 welter weight and u think he is going to beat the number 2 fighter in the world. Hahahahahaha

I would figure that Nick's best chance is to actively attempt to get GSP to cover his head as he tends to do, exposing his midsection, and capitalize every time that happens as hard as he can by damaging the body. If he can do enough damage there then more options will open up as he gets GSP to focus on reacting rather than imposing. Problem is that I don't think GSP will let that happen in the first place, and if he does, probably won't let it happen enough to be a difference maker. What's more, I don't see him being able to capitalize hard enough to open the head up like Serra managed. Everyone forgets the body shots that set up the big shot in that fight.

However, I think chances are GSP will hit outside leg kicks harder than Condit threw and start buckling his knee due to Diaz's very side on stance and shut down Diaz's forward movement similar to what Bendo did to Nate.

Also, consider this, who is the best wrestler Nick has ever beaten? Probably BJ Penn, who didn't really try.

Now, I wouldn't ever count a Diaz out completely, but Nick winning would surprise me in a few ways.

the brothers Diaz don't know how to fight wresters

GSP wins by domination

Diaz will win only in the after Photo were he will have taken less damage but lost the fight via GSP humping. Can't wait for that Diaz is also to stubborn to game plan against it so this is what everyone is going to be excited about then in shock when they fall asleep after the 3rd round watch GSP repeatedly pushing Diaz left leg down and rubbing his nutz back and fro on diaz knee. WHOOOHOO
I love how all u idiots claim gsp fights are boring. If all his fights were boring I don't think Dana white would be calling him the paper view king. And as far as the humping goes Diaz loves grappling and looks like he likes getting hump rather than humpimg. But those comments are nonsense just like yours. It's a fight. Fights go to the ground

1. Anybody has a chance to win.

2. He does, he just chooses to use volume on his opponents and it's good to keep energy instead of throwing the hardest punches you can. Nick is the only man to KO Robbie Lawler, and he doesn't have any KO power?

3. He stuffed 17 of 19 TD's from Sherk, and the 2 times Sherk got on top of him Nick swept him and forced the fight to go back to the feet. He stuffed most of Riggs TD's, and 5 of 8 TD's from Diego. Remember, this is all 6-7 years ago.

4. No, this one is extremely incorrect. Nick is one of the most well-rounded and dangerous fighters in the entire division, his style is extremely effective and his BJJ game is very, very dangerous. This is probably going to be one of GSP's hardest fights. I guess you forgot that Dan Hardy was Georges easiest fight.
And no one can stuff gsp's takedowns. I can't wait until gsp starts slamming elbows on him. He will find out the difference between a so called fighter and a martial artist. Gsp trains while Diaz is getting high

Gets that punchy ball rolling and doesn't stop.

I'm not even close to convinced Diaz is likely to sub GSP.

I love how all u idiots claim gsp fights are boring. If all his fights were boring I don't think Dana white would be calling him the paper view king. And as far as the humping goes Diaz loves grappling and looks like he likes getting hump rather than humpimg. But those comments are nonsense just like yours. It's a fight. Fights go to the ground

lol I don't know why that made me chuckle

And no one can stuff gsp's takedowns. I can't wait until gsp starts slamming elbows on him. He will find out the difference between a so called fighter and a martial artist. Gsp trains while Diaz is getting high

ibbooASr3uqUf5.gif

You sure?

As much as I want to see Diaz do his thing against GSP, after seeing how he handled Condit, I think GSP will bully Nick for 5 rounds. The odd thing is, I think Nick HAS the tools to beat GSP, but will refuse to implement a gameplan and get drawn right into GSP's superior gameplan. Not to say I think GSP will make it a boring fight, just that if Diaz lets him get his strategy on, he likely wont be able to stop it.

We all know that if GSP wins, it will be by another boring decision
But how will Diaz win?
Personally I think it will be by a submission, probably a neck crank or leg lock

Eat shit, TS.

And when was the last time Nick Diaz neck cranked or leg locked anybody in MMA?

ibbooASr3uqUf5.gif

You sure?

Condit was looking to hit that same switch all night. He was obviously focused intently on executing it, I'm not suprised that he managed it once.

Another boring decision? Did you even watch his last fight vs Condit? The amount of hate that GSP gets is just totally ridiculous.

Diaz can't win. His takedown defense is sub-par. He won't be able to submit GSP in his guard. And St-Pierre won't be stupid enough stand toe to toe against Diaz. Even then, St-Pierre's karate background has been vastly overlooked, which was his bread and butter before he mastered takedowns in MMA.

Condit vs Diaz was a lot less entertaining than GSP vs Condit. St-Pierre's utter domination of an all round top level fighter like Condit reminded us why he is still the champion. Having said that, Diaz doesn't have snowball's chance in hell.

Back