• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How do you guys feel about hip thrusts?

Anecdotally from my own experience, using straps significantly reduces stress on the CNS. I could not deadlift heavy and use hard grippers at the same time. When I was working with #3, I could not max deadlift and vice versa.
Maybe at submaximal weights. I was more referring to when people use them to artificially increase the weights they can lift.

Member that time you advised a poster their body weight was too low to deadlift 405?
yep I sure do!

as a matter of fact I do remember that for some reason suggesting something that was likely obvious and then you suggesting that no he didnt have to as if what you had to say was absolute truth.

Maybe at submaximal weights. I was more referring to when people use them to artificially increase the weights they can lift.

no you weren't referring to any of that. I exclusively said deadlifting with straps reduces CNS fatigue.

yep I sure do!

as a matter of fact I do remember that for some reason suggesting something that was likely obvious and then you suggesting that no he didnt have to as if what you had to say was absolute truth.
You're remembering incorrectly. I wasn't involved in that post.

Moving benefits with the exercise.

Last edited:
The op was a 220lb grown man. As others have said bodyweight was not the issue.

O I see where I said it now. I said it was likely the guy needed to gain weight and that’s all I said. Thanks for attempting to start something with me once again even though you’ve really got nothing. Never had anything for that matter.

O I see where I said it now. I said it was likely the guy needed to gain weight and that’s all I said. Thanks for attempting to start something with me once again even though you’ve really got nothing. Never had anything for that matter.
I'm just naturally suspicious of any deadlift advice you give out.

I do them and I hate them.

I also hate deadlifts, though because my grip is garbage and my arms are the perfect length for the bar to smash my junk on every rep.

I wonder of I can do them against my bench (outside) without the bench sliding out and crushing my dingleberries but I will give them a try.

I do single leg bridges. I have a bad back and hip thrusts look like they would cause problems so I avoid them

I know everyone is busy arguing in here but I recently bought an iron bull barbell pad. It’s basically one of those pussy pads you put on the squat bar but now you can use it for hip thrusts. Excited to give it a try. $20.

The private S&C gym I go to has these pads but since I’ve been injured I’ve been taking a break from there. The 24 I go to only has those shitty yoga mats you can roll up and put on the bar so instead I bought the pad and now I’m ready to thrust my way into glory

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back