How do you feel about TRT?

I got in a fight when I was really stoned one time and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. I couldn’t focus and got rag dolled and every time I got hit was like getting hit by a car. I just couldn’t wait for it to end. It seemed to go on forever even though it was probably only a minute long if that.

That’s sucks bro, but I imagine in someone like Nick Diaz’s head, he’s enjoying the moment, lol.

To do TRT in the late 30s either there is something wrong with your hormones or you are tremendously insecure ... levels don’t start dropping noticeably until the 50s and there are numerous people in the 40s who take absolutely nothing other than optimal nutrition and are in amazing shape.

Stallone by his own admission started TRT in his 50s, whilst Arnold was juicing already at a young age and perhaps is paying the price (multiple heart surgeries, some liver problems, etc ... in general he doesn’t seem to be in great health despite decades of optimal training, nutrition and medical support).

In my opinion noone without hormonal problems needs TRT until perhaps the 50s or 60s and even then it’s very subjective. Consistent training and optimal nutrition far outweigh the impact of TRT.

Sure it dose, but if u dont have a consistant life style, working hard, flying and changing time zones, having to eat shit food, partying and so on TRT makes u tacle this without getting burnt out. If u live like a monk, sure thers no need for the TRT. I have friends who dose testosterone and their always up early the day after a party fully rehydrated, doing a full blown work out while I need a full 36 hrs to be able to push myself in the gym without hurting myself.

At 51 years old and beat up as fuck I love it.

Generally just feeling better overall and lower daily pain levels. Recover better than I did a few years ago before I went on.

TRT in your 30's and 40's is for people who have lived a piss poor unhealthy lives and never exercise, or have something physically wrong with them. i have seen literally 100's of people over the years in gyms in their 30's 40's and 50's in amazing shape full of vitality, because they look after their body, eat healthy and exercise, plenty of people in their 40's and 50's have the energy to get up and run 10 miles every morning and run marathons. Too many lazy people making excuses for their poor life style choices. Correlation doesn't equal causation, 95% of people by 30 are out of shape because they don't exercise, all they do is go to work come home eat shit and sleep. i am in my 30's in the best shape of my life, it's annoying when you hear lazy ass people making excuses for why they feel like shit, i felt like shit when i stopped working out for 6 months a few years ago,

Last edited:
At 51 years old and beat up as fuck I love it.

Generally just feeling better overall and lower daily pain levels. Recover better than I did a few years ago before I went on.

Did your doctor prescribe you TRT?

Low testosterone is a legitimate issue regardless of their age or whether they were a former steroid abuser or not. The issue with TST is the possible abuse of it like TRT vitor or Todd Duffy needing one..lol.

I think it should be allowed but only under strict guidelines and strict supervision

I'm guessing you are over 60 and feel great physically and mentally? You feel like you are healthier than the average 30 year old? You don't have any nagging injuries? You don't wake up mornings sometimes feeling like shit?

Ok more power to you. You are in the vast minority.

Sure some people win the genetic lottery like Tom Cruise who was gifted with great genetics and has always looked and performed really young for his age. But the majority yearn for their prime years.

Nowadays, people act like anti-depressants and sedatives are justified for people who suffer from extreme depression, anxiety, chronic pain, and sleep disorders. Yet TRT could potentially eliminate those, making someone who was on so many pills (xanax, opioids, prozac, ambien) get off them because the TRT made them feel less anxious, more energized, more able to sleep, in addition to feeling less pain from injuries (though HGH is prob better for that). Oh and as a bonus you become a beast in the gym or on the mat.

We are going off topic but today we overprescribe for many things which could be solved with training (physical/mental), nutrition, etc ... not everything of course, but a lot.

No I am not 60 (much younger) but I know people in the 40s-50s-60s with tremendous physiques, athletic abilities and general vitality ... from disciplined lifestyles rather than pills or needles.

Of course they are fortunate not to have health issues and to have the attitude/time to invest in themselves, but the point is that it can be done and it is absolutely not a rarity, in fact it’s applicable to most (if willing to make the effort).

To do TRT in the late 30s either there is something wrong with your hormones or you are tremendously insecure ... levels don’t start dropping noticeably until the 50s and there are numerous people in the 40s who take absolutely nothing other than optimal nutrition and are in amazing shape.

Stallone by his own admission started TRT in his 50s, whilst Arnold was juicing already at a young age and perhaps is paying the price (multiple heart surgeries, some liver problems, etc ... in general he doesn’t seem to be in great health despite decades of optimal training, nutrition and medical support).

In my opinion noone without hormonal problems needs TRT until perhaps the 50s or 60s and even then it’s very subjective. Consistent training and optimal nutrition far outweigh the impact of TRT.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You sound like an extremely conservative doctor who thinks "diet and exercise" are the key to everything.

And for Rogan it wasn't a need. It was a want. He explained this already. Some people don't care to just age and feel like crap and lecture young people "You're lucky to be so young, if I was your age I'd be so productive blahblahbla"

Look at all these elderly people who lose passion for doing things that were previously on their bucket list..like traveling the world...but no, they retire at age 65, and have low energy and just don't wanna travel because "I'm not a spring chicken anymore".

Fuck that. Do whatever it takes to get life experience that makes you happy.

Age 60 maybe, age 30 no. By the way, there are plenty of 50 y.o. with amazing physiques and super active lives who don’t take anything other than hard work and good food, so don’t think that injections are the only way to a fit and fulfilling life.
You just repeated what I said. "Diet and exercise" YAWN.
Those 50 year olds you refer to, who are in the vast minority, usually have the privilege of being wealthy and having more time on their hands so that they have access to what most 50 year olds don't.

You remind me of those people who respond to those who have suffered from years of clinical depression with "Just hit the gym, eat omega 3 rich foods, don't eat junk food, do yoga, and take melatonin for sleep!"

As if it were that simple. So naive.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You sound like an extremely conservative doctor who thinks "diet and exercise" are the key to everything.

And for Rogan it wasn't a need. It was a want. He explained this already. Some people don't care to just age and feel like crap and lecture young people "You're lucky to be so young, if I was your age I'd be so productive blahblahbla"

Look at all these elderly people who lose passion for doing things that were previously on their bucket list..like traveling the world...but no, they retire at age 65, and have low energy and just don't wanna travel because "I'm not a spring chicken anymore".

Fuck that. Do whatever it takes to get life experience that makes you happy.

Age 60 maybe, age 30 no. By the way, there are plenty of 50 y.o. with amazing physiques and super active lives who don’t take anything other than hard work and good food, so don’t think that injections are the only way to a fit and fulfilling life.

Did your doctor prescribe you TRT?

Yep.

Life is good.

Seriously, for me the best thing about it is I just feel so much better. I have a lot of injuries from being an utter idiot for 50 years or so and even my pain levels are lower. I have always been an athlete, so diet and exercise has been a big part of my life (my diet did get a bit sloppy over the last year or so and I need to drop a few pounds of fat secondary to being an undisciplined little bitch but that will only take a few months) but with the addition of TST I just plain feel younger and healthier.

I'm guessing you are over 60 and feel great physically and mentally? You feel like you are healthier than the average 30 year old? You don't have any nagging injuries? You don't wake up mornings sometimes feeling like shit?

Ok more power to you. You are in the vast minority.

Sure some people win the genetic lottery like Tom Cruise who was gifted with great genetics and has always looked and performed really young for his age. But the majority yearn for their prime years.

Nowadays, people act like anti-depressants and sedatives are justified for people who suffer from extreme depression, anxiety, chronic pain, and sleep disorders. Yet TRT could potentially eliminate those, making someone who was on so many pills (xanax, opioids, prozac, ambien) get off them because the TRT made them feel less anxious, more energized, more able to sleep, in addition to feeling less pain from injuries (though HGH is prob better for that). Oh and as a bonus you become a beast in the gym or on the mat.

Personally, I would have no problem with fighters abusing TRT. The most compelling argument against steroids is that even though everyone could abuse steroids, they damage the user causing various long-term health issues, while testosterone actually improves quality of life and longevity for men, allowing them to extend not only their prime athletic years but also overall life longevity.
If it is safe and beneficial to use, and every fighter can use it, why ban TRT?

The most compelling argument against steroids in contact sports is that they allow the user to hit harder, contributing to head damage against their opponents. And that is why TRT is banned.

Back