How do you feel about TRT?

It is a steroid. So Im all in favor in PED orgs like KSW or Rizin and totally against in regulated orgs like UFC or Bellator.

A few points here from someone who did lots of research before starting TRT. It should be noted that there is a massive difference in TRT (replacing testosterone) VS abusing and jacking your T levels to or above the top range long term.

1. It is very safe and has many health benefits compared to the health drawbacks of having low T. Low T is linked to shorter lifespans and poor bone density among other things. Most of the info regarding harm is old and using high dosing compared to much newer research at proper dosing. The info is out there - you're being lazy if you can't find it.
2. Its cheap. The average person only needs 80 - 100 mgs a week to get into the average to slightly above average range. That will cost about $40 a month. Lots of people get prescribed and use 200-250mgs a week, but that is really not a replacement range if you ask me - that's a supraphysical dose.
3. PSA numbers aren't the only prostate health indicator - source is my urologist who has me on my TRT.

To the poster above who said half a milligram will push you over because the needles are so small - not true at all. Half a mg is not even 1% for most users. A 1/10 of a mL is still only 10 mg which is 10 % of an averageish dose.

That's my 2 cents.

Good info in here. I admit I'm pretty ignorant about it. Can taking too much testosterone have the same adverse effects as taking anabolic steroids for an extended period of time (liver damage, heart problems, etc)? I was under the impression that taking natural testosterone, even if your levels are already average, still doesn't have the same kind of adverse effects as steroids.
Testosterone is an anabolic steroid. It is not hepatoxic if injected, the orals are the ones that fuck your liver. If you donate blood regularly to keep your hematocrit below 52 then you reduce your risk for cardiovascular events.

I was at 300 base test and after taking 125mg a week for 6 months I am at 800 base test. If you were at 800 and took the same amount your levels would drop because your natural production would cease and would be replaced with less testosterone. If you took 300mg or up your base test would be through the roof.

I have nothing against steroid use or TRT in life, you should be able to do as you wish if you’re an adult. With recreational drugs, I feel the same way, but I think some drugs should be outlawed until the person is 25 years old to ensure the brain has fully matured prior to taking certain drugs. That said, I don’t like any drug use in sport be it TRT and even weed, which to me, is harmless. The reason why is because I think you should only walk into the ring with food and water, your performance should be 100% a byproduct of nature and light drugs, steroids, certain banned substances change you enough to maybe give an advantage.

Weed is weed but if you smoke a crapload, you just might be numb to all the chaos around you like the fans cheering, you might be slower or whatever, but the point is, you’re not the same as if you were not stoned. Same for TRT, if you have low levels, then you can’t compete in MMA, find something else.

In life, not pro sports, steroids are relatively safe like a lot of drugs if used responsibly.

Last edited:
I have nothing against steroid use or TRT in life, you should be able to do as you wish if you’re an adult. With recreational drugs, I feel the same way, but I think some drugs should be outlawed until the person is 25 years old to ensure the brain has fully matured prior to taking certain drugs. That said, I don’t like any drug use in sport be it TRT and even weed, which to me, is harmless. The reason why is because I think you should only walk into the ring with food and water, your performance should be 100% a byproduct of nature and light drugs, steroids, certain banned substances change you enough to maybe give an advantage.

Weed is weed but if you smoke a crapload, you just might be numb to all the chaos around you like the fans cheering, you might be slower or whatever, but the point is, you’re not the same as if you were not stoned. Same for TRT, if you have low levels, then you can’t compete in MMA, find something else.

In life, not pro sports, steroids are relatively safe like a lot of drugs is used responsibly.
I got in a fight when I was really stoned one time and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. I couldn’t focus and got rag dolled and every time I got hit was like getting hit by a car. I just couldn’t wait for it to end. It seemed to go on forever even though it was probably only a minute long if that.

Bunch of teen and young 20s in here or just clueless fools trying to add what they heard. Problem with allowing the TRT is you will always have the idiots, Belfort and Big Foot, who purposely go over the max allowed then try to throw Dr under the bus for administering too much. I'm not against it, just not oblivious to the stupid few that will always ruin a good thing.
With Bigfoot wasn't it documented the UFC doctor told him his levels were too low? He has a legitimate medical need for hormone replacement therapy, normal non athletes with acromegaly are on hormones. Vitor is a different case.

Personally, I would have no problem with fighters abusing TRT. The most compelling argument against steroids is that even though everyone could abuse steroids, they damage the user causing various long-term health issues, while testosterone actually improves quality of life and longevity for men, allowing them to extend not only their prime athletic years but also overall life longevity.
If it is safe and beneficial to use, and every fighter can use it, why ban TRT?
arnold-stallone.jpg

72.. and oh nm...

Does just straight TRT make your face grow out of your head thinking it's going through a 2nd puberty or is that also when you mix it with hgh and other crap? It seems to work wonders for people but that's a disturbing side effect. God knows what Dana, Rogan etc.. are all on. I have a feeling if they couldn't get their shit they would shrivel up and die but I think they take a cocktail of shit. As a person in his mid to late 30's I've thought about TRT. If I didn't know anything about fighting I'd probably be clueless about the effects.

Does just straight TRT make your face grow out of your head thinking it's going through a 2nd puberty or is that also when you mix it with hgh and other crap? It seems to work wonders for people but that's a disturbing side effect. God knows what Dana, Rogan etc.. are all on. I have a feeling if they couldn't get their shit they would shrivel up and die but I think they take a cocktail of shit. As a person in his mid to late 30's I've thought about TRT. If I didn't know anything about fighting I'd probably be clueless about the effects.
Hgh is what causes big head/face syndrome

what are these "peptides" you speak of?

Google it and u find a bunch of them. Its basicly designer amino acids that manipulates the body into doing different stuff. Since the body is doing it thers a sort of natural threshold compared to steroids and hgh where u can boost ur levels to what ever u like. Chad Mendes got caught with a peptide called ghrp6. It boost growth hormones for a short period of time giving u an instant hunger and ables the body to consume and transport callories very efficient for a short period of time. No matter how much u take the body has a natural cap for how much hgh it can produce when being exposed to the ghrp6 amino acid, where if u injected pure hgh u could triple the dose or 10x the dose if u wanted to.

Rogan is 51 and in one of his podcasts he readily admitted he has been on TRT since the age of 38 or 39. So about 12 or 13years, and he speaks very highly of it and it's benefits for him personally. He may also be on HGH or something, I do not know about that.

Rogan is 51 and in one of his podcasts he readily admitted he has been on TRT since the age of 38 or 39. So about 12 or 13years, and he speaks very highly of it and it's benefits for him personally. He may also be on HGH or something, I do not know about that.

To do TRT in the late 30s either there is something wrong with your hormones or you are tremendously insecure ... levels don’t start dropping noticeably until the 50s and there are numerous people in the 40s who take absolutely nothing other than optimal nutrition and are in amazing shape.

Stallone by his own admission started TRT in his 50s, whilst Arnold was juicing already at a young age and perhaps is paying the price (multiple heart surgeries, some liver problems, etc ... in general he doesn’t seem to be in great health despite decades of optimal training, nutrition and medical support).

In my opinion noone without hormonal problems needs TRT until perhaps the 50s or 60s and even then it’s very subjective. Consistent training and optimal nutrition far outweigh the impact of TRT.

To do TRT in the late 30s either there is something wrong with your hormones or you are tremendously insecure ... levels don’t start dropping noticeably until the 50s and there are numerous people in the 40s who take absolutely nothing other than optimal nutrition and are in amazing shape.

Stallone by his own admission started TRT in his 50s, whilst Arnold was juicing already at a young age and perhaps is paying the price (multiple heart surgeries, some liver problems, etc ... in general he doesn’t seem to be in great health despite decades of optimal training, nutrition and medical support).

In my opinion noone without hormonal problems needs TRT until perhaps the 50s or 60s and even then it’s very subjective. Consistent training and optimal nutrition far outweigh the impact of TRT.
Good input, thanks.
Yes I too have read about Schwarzenegger's health and it does seem likely that his obvious heavy steroid use during his Mr Olympia and Mr Universe days has now caused some unfortunate consequences.

In case anyone is interested go google about Dallas McCarver and his unfortunate premature death at 26, and also Rich Piana, both pro bodybuilders. Now those two guys were quite obviously on truckloads of heavy-duty anabolic steroids but it is clearly a strong warning that if you overdo that stuff, it will come back and bite you in a very serious way.

what people forget is that fighters can apply to USADA for a therapeutic use exemption for TRT (Rothwell did). US commissions aside, if USADA granted a TUE they could fight outside of the US (or try and persuede the commission to respect USADA's tue)

however, there are criteria they have to meet to get one.

1. Must be to treat a documented, verifiable medical condition

2. Must not improve the athletes health or performance beyond what would be considered normal parameters (this would be an issue)

3. must be no non-prohibited alternative

but the kicker

4. The condition must not be a result of prior use of prohibited substances

So any UFC fighter wanting a TRT tue is probably shit out of luck. Anderson for instance who brought this up, would not qualify as he has a documented positive for steroids.

Personally I'd have it if you could get it in the UK.
I'm the wxcatly same age as my boy sakutaba...
So basically a old fucker..

But for prime athletes....NO

With Bigfoot wasn't it documented the UFC doctor told him his levels were too low? He has a legitimate medical need for hormone replacement therapy, normal non athletes with acromegaly are on hormones. Vitor is a different case.

He probably is a case that needs it, but just to stay in normal ranges. If UFC said 1200 was the max and you pop for 1600 levels, you're abusing it. There's a user known difference in therapy and enhancement.

It's too easy too abuse. Bigfoot Silva also "abused" it. You take a half milligram too much and you're already overdosing. You ever see these syringes? One tiny misstep and you take too much. Even if Bigfoot and Vitor didn't intentionally mean to abuse it, it's just way too fucking easy to do it on accident. So if they ever bring it back they would have to raise the threshold and make it where if you test egregiously high, it's a fail. Or give fighters warning if they test too high. Because in Bigfoots case his doctor in Brazil told him hey your T is still too low, go ahead and take another dose, meanwhile the fight with hunt was a fucking week away or less than a week. So when Bigfoot tested he tested way too high. I think that's what happened with Vitor. Dude is cutting weight and probably took a regular dose 4 or 5 days before the fight. Of course you're gonna test high if you just pinned.

The syringes have cc measurements on them with the 1 - 2 being big bold lines, if you're missing by entire cc then pay another $30 and go to the physician and have a nurse give it to you so you can keep your career.
Ah, I see. And yea I hear alot of mixed reviews about the gels and their effectiveness.
Gels and patches don't work like injections.Those may bump you up a couple levels but not as noticeable as pinning

The syringes have cc measurements on them with the 1 - 2 being big bold lines, if you're missing by entire cc then pay another $30 and go to the physician and have a nurse give it to you so you can keep your career.

Gels and patches don't work like injections.Those may bump you up a couple levels but not as noticeable as pinning
That's the best way to do it. But these fighters are always traveling, international even, it may not be as viable. Obviously the best bet would be to go to your doctor.

Back