How do you feel about TRT?

Personally, I would have no problem with fighters abusing TRT. The most compelling argument against steroids is that even though everyone could abuse steroids, they damage the user causing various long-term health issues, while testosterone actually improves quality of life and longevity for men, allowing them to extend not only their prime athletic years but also overall life longevity.
If it is safe and beneficial to use, and every fighter can use it, why ban TRT?
There's a difference in taking TRT to stay within normal levels and actually abusing it.

Vitor was definitely abusing TRT.

100.00 a month? Fighters can't afford that?

Lol it'll be used by guys who use/have abused PEDs so ni

Has a nice after dinner flavor.
<StillMyBoy>

If you have low T and it is proven by doctors that you have low T and they subscribe enough for you to be have the average level of T in your body, then no, I don't care if people use it in competition. If you have average T and you are using it to gain a significant advantage over someone, then I do have a problem people use it in competition.

From what I remember, the fighters that were on trt were taking their levels way beyond natural production of the common person.

You love "abuse", I thought they only used TRT...

Maybe Hendo.. but I doubt it.

Last edited:
There's a difference in taking TRT to stay within normal levels and actually abusing it.

Vitor was definitely abusing TRT.
It's too easy too abuse. Bigfoot Silva also "abused" it. You take a half milligram too much and you're already overdosing. You ever see these syringes? One tiny misstep and you take too much. Even if Bigfoot and Vitor didn't intentionally mean to abuse it, it's just way too fucking easy to do it on accident. So if they ever bring it back they would have to raise the threshold and make it where if you test egregiously high, it's a fail. Or give fighters warning if they test too high. Because in Bigfoots case his doctor in Brazil told him hey your T is still too low, go ahead and take another dose, meanwhile the fight with hunt was a fucking week away or less than a week. So when Bigfoot tested he tested way too high. I think that's what happened with Vitor. Dude is cutting weight and probably took a regular dose 4 or 5 days before the fight. Of course you're gonna test high if you just pinned.

It's pretty cheap last time I checked and even more so for the injections especially if you self inject at home. The gels are whats expensive.
Tried the gel. Don't waste your money.

From what I remember, the fighters that were on trt were taking their levels way beyond natural production of the common person.
Even taking the therapeutic levels, if you take a normal dose and get tested the next day your testosterone will be higher than the normal man. Always. It's like putting gas in a car. You fill the tank and refill it when you're at a quarter tank. I talked to someone who takes TRT and it would almost be impossible to police. That's why they got rid of it. Go back and read the story of Bigfoot Silva and his lead up to the mark hunt fight. Bigfoot just took a normal dose but it was 1 week before the fight and when tested his test was too high and it was a fail.

TRT in MMA is just a euphemism for massive juicing. None of the fighters with a TUE for testosterone were actually on TRT. They were juiced to the MF'ing gills on absurd doses of T.

Personally, I would have no problem with fighters abusing TRT. The most compelling argument against steroids is that even though everyone could abuse steroids, they damage the user causing various long-term health issues, while testosterone actually improves quality of life and longevity for men, allowing them to extend not only their prime athletic years but also overall life longevity.
It makes me feel like Im in my twenties and has increased my libido

Good info in here. I admit I'm pretty ignorant about it. Can taking too much testosterone have the same adverse effects as taking anabolic steroids for an extended period of time (liver damage, heart problems, etc)? I was under the impression that taking natural testosterone, even if your levels are already average, still doesn't have the same kind of adverse effects as steroids.

That is essentially the problem. If you allow it back, then it won't be used to attain normal levels, some fighters will end up with sky-high testosterone levels that give them a big advantage. So then what do you do? Do blood tests and say "no fighter can have a level higher than xyz ng/dl" ???

Can we stop calling it trt

Its not replacing and its not a therapy

Its doping with testosterone, no more, no less.

"Trt" is people trying to give it some sort of medical justification.

Call a spade a spade.. How do you feel about doping with testosterone..

TAP Testosterone abusing program

Call a spade a spade.. How do you feel about doping with testosterone..

It depends. Does overuse damage the user? If it doesn't, then everyone can abuse it, and it's an equal playing field. If it causes the same issues as anabolics (liver damage, heart disease), probably shouldn't be allowed.

I think if someone was bothered enough to take it to court it would be approved. I don’t think a genuine medical condition would be outlawed to stop you pursuing a career.
Is thyroid medication prohibited? If not why not? For one its a handy weight cutter.
Insulin? Why not? Part of your body is failing, oh well guess you shouldn’t be fighting then.

Back