How do you feel about the Korean dog meat market/trade

Hmmm, assigned values ? You mean to say there is no difference in the relationship man has made with dog for thousands of years partnering together for survival and our relationship with cows other than what people "assign" to themselves ?

Dogs have set themselves apart from other animals as our partners for thousands of years. It's a fact.

The argument that says it's no different to eat a cow than it is to eat a dog is absolutely not valid at all.
We have thousands of years of history to dispute that clearly.

Not accurate or truthful. Spreading fake news.

Dog has been used as food source throughout history of mankind
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat

Cow had been holy for longer than your special relationship with dog
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_in_religion_and_mythology

Finally given you’re belief of special history, man has long history of sex with cows and goats and sheep. So using your logic cow and goat and be sheep should be treasured and not used for food or farming?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_zoophilia

I think that eating dog is disgusting and I would never do it.

I also believe that other people can make their own decisions.

I eat meat, it would be hypocritical of me to complain about someone eating dog.

Outrage with animal abuse should start with own actions.

Do you have leather seats, couch, shoes, belt?

Do you use products developed and tested on animals?

Have you paid to go to zoo or sea world type setting?

Do you eat meat?

Are the animals used for your pleasure treated humanely?

Outrage should be directed at self.

You're just repeating your first statement without truly addressing anything I've said.

Once again you refer to 10-30k yrs of a relationship built between the 2 species that has helped them both survive to "we decided to have them do stuff for us" and "We really really like them"
That's horribly ignorant or dishonest on your part.
Again the relationship formed is a unique one and cannot be compared at all with any other animals that we use for cattle/food.
It's not even close to the same relationship for many reasons that you want to ignore so that you can continue you dog eating apologetics because you or someone you know might be related to someone who eats dog meat.

Horribly ignorant and dishonest? 2Gun, it’s what you said!!! It was YOUR reasoning. Like I said, you’ve just given your emotionally-driven reasons that you use to justify your conflicting beliefs, values and actions. Boiled down to its core, your reason that factory farming is okay in one instance and abhorrent in the other is because of thousands of years of humans simply choosing to not eat dogs but rather to take advantage of their utility, and then to ultimately choose them for domestication. I’m addressing it by saying: that doesn’t change that fact that you speaking out against Korean’s dog market is hypocritical if you buy meat at the grocery store. Your willing to call it bad one end but turn a blind eye to the other because of your perception of dogs. It’s still hypocritical.

And I’m not apologizing for Koreans eating dogs lol. I’ve called their factory farm system AND our system equally as abhorrent. That’s the point. Try harder for an insult next time. lol

Not accurate or truthful. Spreading fake news.

Dog has been used as food source throughout history of mankind
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat

Cow had been holy for longer than your special relationship with dog
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_in_religion_and_mythology

Finally given you’re belief of special history, man has long history of sex with cows and goats and sheep. So using your logic cow and goat and be sheep should be treasured and not used for food or farming?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_zoophilia

Ignorance.

1. I never said anything about how long it's been since the first person ate dog. It's meaningless to my argument.

2. I never said there wasn't anyone who didn't worship a cow. Who the frig said anything about worshipping animals or considering them holy ?
Again this has nothing to do with the point I'm making.

3. Some Goat herders and deviants screwed cattle at some point in time ?
And ?

Congratulations you've contributed absolutely nothing.

Dude WTF kind of pseudo intellectual bullshit is this. You've said nothing here of any value to this argument whatsoever.
And really it's because there is no valid rebuttal to what I'm saying so you'll just dance around the issue in a most embarrassing fashion trying to impress people with your first year understanding of sociology.

I give you history of thousands of years that we have built a unique and mutually beneficial relationship that has far and beyond surpassed any relationship we have with any other animal including the fact that this animal literally works to save our lives and what do you respond with ?

Bunch of drivel that does not in any way make a valid point.
Try addressing the 10,000-30000 yr relationship we have with dogs and how it isn't different than that with cows or chickens.
You won't because you cant.

Assigned values is semiotics and it's a very real field of study nothing psuedo about it

You sound pretty butthurt about signs and signifiers, but honestly its not our problem you haven't heard of post-structural angles vs formalism angles

Nobody's saying there aren't ethics and morals and cultural standards to consider, that all comes after and it's a very important part of formalism -- we assign traffic symbols and enforce laws because it creates security and that's also important to protect

The point that was being made was that there are no "inherent" relationships between our protein sources and what organisms consume it, that only becomes a set of values after we put assigned values (which are a useful distinctions) on it

But assigned nonetheless

Jesus mate read a book once in awhile, you're calling signs and signifiers psuedo-science we're all worried about you lol

Stop signs exist for a really important reason, but if you try telling people that stop signs weren't assigned values you'd look pretty weird, as if you thought stop signs grew out of the ground and operate using universal law or some cosmic relationship between us and red octagons

Horribly ignorant and dishonest? 2Gun, it’s what you said!!! It was YOUR reasoning. Like I said, you’ve just given your emotionally-driven reasons that you use to justify your conflicting beliefs, values and actions. Boiled down to its core, your reason that factory farming is okay in one instance and abhorrent in the other is because of thousands of years of humans simply choosing to not eat dogs but rather to take advantage of their utility, and then to ultimately choose them for domestication. I’m addressing it by saying: that doesn’t change that fact that you speaking out against Korean’s dog market is hypocritical if you buy meat at the grocery store. Your willing to call it bad one end but turn a blind eye to the other because of your perception of dogs. It’s still hypocritical.

And I’m not apologizing for Koreans eating dogs lol. I’ve called their factory farm system AND our system equally as abhorrent. That’s the point. Try harder for an insult next time. lol

No. That's not what I'm saying. You're still trying to pretend that your dumbass comment about "because they do stuff" and "because I really really like them" is anything close to the actual fact based argument I've made about how our history and relationship with dogs absolutely makes it much more offensive to most of the civilized world to eat them.

Ignorance or dishonesty ?
Which is causing you to still deny the difference ?

I have no interest in repeating all the factors that cause dogs to be in a different category than cows,pigs or chickens again.
Nothing emotionally driven in my argument. In fact id say it's you that is driven by emotion in this debate.

And I never once said anything about being ok with factory farming at all.
Nice straw man you've added for effect there.

You've made zero argument to compare the relationship and bond formed between man and dog and to other animals other than to ignore and belittle what I've said.
There's a bond that has been formed with dogs that is not comparable to any another animal.
Its just a fact.

You just can't handle saying that some people's bad practices are worse than others sometimes. I've encountered this argument before. It's weird.
It's like some crazy SJW thing.

Assigned values is semiotics and it's a very real field of study nothing psuedo about it

You sound pretty butthurt about signs and signifiers, but honestly its not our problem you haven't heard of post-structural angles vs formalism angles

Nobody's saying there aren't ethics and morals and cultural standards to consider, that all comes after and it's a very important part of formalism -- we assign traffic symbols and enforce laws because it creates security and that's also important to protect

The point that was being made was that there are no "inherent" relationships between our protein sources and what organisms consume it, that only becomes a set of values after we put assigned values (which are a useful distinctions) on it

But assigned nonetheless

Jesus mate read a book once in awhile, you're calling signs and signifiers psuedo-science we're all worried about you lol

Stop signs exist for a really important reason, but if you try telling people that stop signs weren't assigned values you'd look pretty weird, as if you thought stop signs grew out of the ground and operate using universal law or some cosmic relationship between us and red octagons

"Yawn"
You're trying waaaay to hard.
A lot of words to say nothing again.

Please tell me how our relationship and bond formed with dogs over thousands of years is not much different than that formed with cows, pigs and chickens. It's different based on actual experiences that differ greatly than any had with other animals. That's the point I'm arguing.

Or just keep blabbering on about whatever else you'd like completely ignoring the point I'm actually making.

"Yawn"
You're trying waaaay to hard.
A lot of words to say nothing again.

Please tell me how our relationship and bond formed with dogs over thousands of years is not much different than that formed with cows, pigs and chickens. It's different based on actual experiences that differ greatly than any had with other animals. That's the point I'm arguing.

Or just keep blabbering on about whatever else you'd like completely ignoring the point I'm actually making.

It's not even that complicated kid

A historical bond with dogs isn't a necessary track in any direction unless you think behaviors through time is some crazy spiritual moral enforcement

People used to own slaves for their survival in poor agrarian societies that doesn't make modern black people owe you labor you fucking lunatic lol

But hey we get it you like dogs

Just acknowledge your role in assigning that value to yourself, someone whose kid was killed by one may have different values based on how dogs affected their "survival" across time, that just one extension of a time based relationship

A friend at work was wanting to find someone to take his Dads dog (his dad died) because he was never home to take care of the dog. Everyone asked "what kind of dog is it?" The Korean guy that worked in production asked him "how many pounds?"
We laughed. True story.

It's not even that complicated kid

A historical bond with dogs isn't a necessary track in any direction unless you think behaviors through time is some crazy spiritual moral enforcement

People used to own slaves for their survival in poor agrarian societies that doesn't make modern black people owe you labor you fucking lunatic lol

But hey we get it you like dogs

Just acknowledge your role in assigning that value to yourself, someone whose kid was killed by one may have different values based on how dogs affected their "survival" across time, that just one extension of a time based relationship

Tell that to
@2GunTommy picking and choosing his favorite color crayons over here

One last time Einstein.
Dogs have been partners with us since they first approached our camp fires.
They helped us hunt and protect our families in a mutually beneficial relationship. After thousands of years they have become our companions and partners like no other animal has.
They have a strong and unique bond that is not shared with any other animal.

Our experiences with them has developed into something we share with no other animal.

I defy you to show otherwise.

I need some information on it. Is this a real thing?

No. That's not what I'm saying. You're still trying to pretend that your dumbass comment about "because they do stuff" and "because I really really like them" is anything close to the actual fact based argument I've made about how our history and relationship with dogs absolutely makes it much more offensive to most of the civilized world to eat them.

Ignorance or dishonesty ?
Which is causing you to still deny the difference ?

I have no interest in repeating all the factors that cause dogs to be in a different category than cows,pigs or chickens again.
Nothing emotionally driven in my argument. In fact id say it's you that is driven by emotion in this debate.

And I never once said anything about being ok with factory farming at all.
Nice straw man you've added for effect there.

You've made zero argument to compare the relationship and bond formed between man and dog and to other animals other than to ignore and belittle what I've said.
There's a bond that has been formed with dogs that is not comparable to any another animal.
Its just a fact.

You just can't handle saying that some people's bad practices are worse than others sometimes. I've encountered this argument before. It's weird.
It's like some crazy SJW thing.

Per your quote above, your reason is that we like dogs more than other animals, er, I mean the bond! They are VERY special to us! You keep coming back to it then say that’s not the reason! lol. I’m not sure why you’re being so defensive about this.

Sorry I assumed you support factory farming. My apologies! Do you buy meat from the grocery store? Do you buy meat at restaurants? As I’ve said from the beginning, if you choose to put money into it then you’re supporting the system.

And I can handle saying some practices are worse than others; that’s just not the case here. The fact that we really, really love dogs and use them to do stuff for us doesn’t actually make killing them any worse than killing cows. It’s just killing animals for food. Being offended over it doesn’t actually make killing dogs objectively worse than killing cows.

And lol @ the all these crazy SJWs who keep making this point to you! That’s crazy! Are they part of the “Korean dog meat apologetics” you were talking about earlier?! All of these crazy people running around insulting your sacred bond! lol

Do you eat meat?

Tbh anybody that participates in these things, or at least doesn’t make an effort to not do so, doesn’t have any place to be outraged by others eating dogs.

Inb4 people want to say that dogs are different from other animals. Keep in mind that products like cigarettes, bleach, cleaners, etc are tested on dogs. Beagles most commonly. If you’re not outraged by this and continue to buy these products, but are getting rustled at dog meat I just gotta lol @ you.

Saw an article about this again today, with the Olympics going on and all.

What are your thoughts on this? I know theres a lot of gitter dun hunters on this forum that love to kill them animals. Should dogs be held to a higher standard?

This personally gets my blood boiling.
I’m a hunter and standing over something and killing it like you think does not interest me in the least.
You might want to experience something and learn about it, as it stands your not qualified to have an opinion on the subject.

Do you eat meat?

Animal use does not equal animal abuse.

Saw an article about this again today, with the Olympics going on and all.

What are your thoughts on this? I know theres a lot of gitter dun hunters on this forum that love to kill them animals. Should dogs be held to a higher standard?

This personally gets my blood boiling.
Nothing wrong with it. Just because the US is obsessed with pets doesn’t make it less tasty for others. It’s just culture. My secretary is from St Vincent and over there she says Turkeys are like dogs here. To eat one would be major taboo.

Oh stfu. That gitterdun line strike a nerve?

Anyways, fuck hunters and you. However, thats not what this thread is about.
You sound triggered young pup, it’s ok if we like different things. You’ll learn that after your pubes come in and your acne clears up.

Back