How do you feel about the Korean dog meat market/trade

If you say you have a problem with the Korean dog market but you buy meat from the store, then you’re a hypocrite. Plain and simple.

That’s fine. We’re all hypocrites in one way or another. But participation as paying consumers in the factory farm system is at odds with what so many people claim as their values—yet it doesn’t at all stop them from continuing to financially support the system.

Invalid argument.
Read my posts above.

If you say you have a problem with the Korean dog market but you buy meat from the store, then you’re a hypocrite. Plain and simple.

That’s fine. We’re all hypocrites in one way or another. But participation as paying consumers in the factory farm system is at odds with what so many people claim as their values—yet it doesn’t at all stop them from continuing to financially support the system.

Its Sherdog you just tap a Dog to hard and people here would want the Death sentence upon you, In Sherdog a fucking Dog or Hamster is worth more than fucking human life!

Hmmm, assigned values ? You mean to say there is no difference in the relationship man has made with dog for thousands of years partnering together for survival and our relationship with cows other than what people "assign" to themselves ?

Dogs have set themselves apart from other animals as our partners for thousands of years. It's a fact.

The argument that says it's no different to eat a cow than it is to eat a dog is absolutely not valid at all.
We have thousands of years of history to dispute that clearly.

lol what was that again

"the relationship man has made with dog for thousands of years partnering together for survival"

When it comes to hard semiotics that statement's a mess. It assumes relationships between organisms have intrinsic values based on history. It extends historical significance to "survivalism" in the same way we owe modern day stone the privilege of never harvesting it because there was a time we hunted with arrowheads and it kept us alive

The "relationship" between any organism and another organism is extremely literal, absent assigned values. It is that thing, you are that other thing. Whether you kill each other or hug it out or enslave each other or rule together is up to those bodies in motion, that's pure organisms

Now if you want to start applying the necessary filters to those organisms you're welcome to it but know that those values are assigned, whether out of operational pragmatism or personal preference

If you want to adhere to historical precedents set in terms of behaviors, that's your call. But know that even historical lineation can get dangerous.

That whole "In the past I was once a victim of a crime from a minority, so future minorities are criminal in their relationship with me"

"Man and dog hunted together in the past, all dogs in the future will be hunting buddies/allies"

"In the past, japanese citizens were at war with america. Japanese citizens are my enemy in the future."

Historical precedent does not necessitate relationship sadly, even if it's a great thing like having hunting dogs

Invalid argument.
Read my posts above.

I read it. Your argument boils down to you like dogs more than other animals and we use dogs to do stuff. So what? Koreans use them to do stuff AND they eat them. I don’t see the issue here. Other than that it hurts your feelings.

It's fucked up to me, but remember that some parts of the world think that we are savages for eating cows. It's a cultural thing.

Its Sherdog you just tap a Dog to hard and people here would want the Death sentence upon you, In Sherdog a fucking Dog or Hamster is worth more than fucking human life!

lol. Fo sho

And I’m not even bothered by the hypocrisy. We’re all hypocrites—particularly when it comes to matters of the heart. But we have decided we love dogs and not other animals so it’s okay to vilify Koreans while we have our own supremely fucked up factory farm system here.

Different culture and the difference between right and wrong is very subjective. Realistically, there isn’t right or wrong...

I'm ok with it as long as they're somewhat ethically killed.

There are other animals that are smarter and/or have stronger family and social bonds than dogs (pigs, cows, ducks) and we torture them and slaughter them and eat them and no one bats an eye.

Just because it's weird for us doesn't mean it's wrong.

Ducks are not smarter than dogs. I don't care if they count three pebbles..

lol what was that again

When it comes to hard semiotics that statement's a mess. It assumes relationships between organisms have intrinsic values based on history. It extends historical significance to "survivalism" in the same way we owe modern day stone the privilege of never harvesting it because there was a time we hunted with arrowheads and it kept us alive

The "relationship" between any organism and another organism is extremely literal, absent assigned values. It is that thing, you are that other thing. Whether you kill each other or hug it out or enslave each other or rule together is up to those bodies in motion, that's pure organisms

Now if you want to start applying the necessary filters to those organisms you're welcome to it but know that those values are assigned, whether out of operational pragmatism or personal preference

If you want to adhere to historical precedents set in terms of behaviors, that's your call. But know that even historical lineation can get dangerous.

That whole "In the past I was once a victim of a crime from a minority, so future minorities are criminal in their relationship with me"

"Man and dog hunted together in the past, all dogs in the future will be hunting buddies/allies"

"In the past, japanese citizens were at war with america. Japanese citizens are my enemy in the future."

Historical precedent does not necessitate relationship sadly, even if it's a great thing like having hunting dogs
Dude WTF kind of pseudo intellectual bullshit is this. You've said nothing here of any value to this argument whatsoever.
And really it's because there is no valid rebuttal to what I'm saying so you'll just dance around the issue in a most embarrassing fashion trying to impress people with your first year understanding of sociology.

I give you history of thousands of years that we have built a unique and mutually beneficial relationship that has far and beyond surpassed any relationship we have with any other animal including the fact that this animal literally works to save our lives and what do you respond with ?

Bunch of drivel that does not in any way make a valid point.
Try addressing the 10,000-30000 yr relationship we have with dogs and how it isn't different than that with cows or chickens.
You won't because you cant.

I read it. Your argument boils down to you like dogs more than other animals and we use dogs to do stuff. So what? Koreans use them to do stuff AND they eat them. I don’t see the issue here. Other than that it hurts your feelings.[/Qcan't.

This almost isn't worth responding to.

So my argument was because I like animals ?
Show me where I made that my point moron.
"We use them to do stuff" is to general a statement and doesnt descr8be the difference between an animal that chews its own cud waiting for me to kill it for food and an animal that has been an integral part of protecting our families and helping us hunt for thousands of years. Dogs don't just do "stuff" for us like other animals, they have become family members for many people worldwide. They rescue us from death and will literally kill themselves trying to save us.
They have an inherent desire to please us and be a part of our lives like no other animal ever has and that's just undeniable.

Peo0le like you are bothered by the judgement placed upon those who participate in the vile act of eating dogs wanting to portray it as no worse than eating a cow or chicken but when faced with actual facts and history your argument has no factual basis and is just an attempt to protect those who eat dogs.

It's a heinous and disgusting act that offends most of the civilized world.
Nothing you say will change that.

Different culture and the difference between right and wrong is very subjective. Realistically, there isn’t right or wrong...
<TrumpWrong1>
I've explained the difference between the relationship with dogs and other animals in detail.

lol I dont see how that is a problem at all, unless you are a vegetarian.

Bunch of drivel that does not in any way make a valid point.
Try addressing the 10,000-30000 yr relationship we have with dogs and how it isn't different than that with cows or chickens.
You won't because you cant.

I addressed that in the simplest terms. According to you, we have decided that we will use dogs to do stuff for us and we really, really like them. Conversely, we have decided that cows and pigs are our food and we don’t really like them. They are not our best friends like dogs. So we will eat them.

Due to this 10,000 years of liking dogs and using them to do stuff for us, 2GunTommy’s feelings are hurt by Koreans eating their dogs (not our dogs).

Am I missing anything?

I get that it evokes an emotional reaction out of you, but, once again I ask, so what? It’s just factory farming of animals but you have your emotions wrapped in one and not the other. You’re really just giving a lot of excuses to have contracting feelings, values and actions.

Vegans love to bring the whole "would you eat your dog/cat argument" in reality, I have bonded with cats and dogs and its important to mention that, these two animals are not filthy or disgusting or take great amount of space like cows/pigs/chicken.

They are also life savers, cats contribution in history was to protect humans from dangerous insects or rats. Dogs also have contribution in helping humans with many aspects of life. Thus cats and dogs should be exempt because they paid their dues and thus they should be valued more so than other animals.
Cows are quite important and horses too.

I addressed that in the simplest terms. According to you, we have decided that we will use dogs to do stuff for us and we really, really like them. Conversely, we have decided that cows and pigs are our food and we don’t really like them. They are not our best friends like dogs. So we will eat them.

Due to this 10,000 years of liking dogs and using them to do stuff for us, 2GunTommy’s feelings are hurt by Koreans eating their dogs (not our dogs).

Am I missing anything?

I get that it evokes an emotional reaction out of you, but, once again I ask, so what? It’s just factory farming of animals but you have your emotions wrapped in one and not the other. You’re really just giving a lot of excuses to have contracting feelings, values and actions.

You're just repeating your first statement without truly addressing anything I've said.

Once again you refer to 10-30k yrs of a relationship built between the 2 species that has helped them both survive to "we decided to have them do stuff for us" and "We really really like them"
That's horribly ignorant or dishonest on your part.
Again the relationship formed is a unique one and cannot be compared at all with any other animals that we use for cattle/food.
It's not even close to the same relationship for many reasons that you want to ignore so that you can continue you dog eating apologetics because you or someone you know might be related to someone who eats dog meat.

Love dogs so I'd rather not think about it. Seeing some pics from that Chinese dog eating festival rustled me

rescued-dogs-yulin-dog-meat-festival-china-24.jpg

How's this to fuck with your minds:

If happy cows (and other animals) provide better meat then I guess the same is true for dogs.

So the tastiest dogmeat was one raised as a pet as opposed to factory farmed, the dog believed itself loved and was happy all its life. Right up until it went for a walk...

Back