How come they didn't make Justin Vs Islam?

Greg House

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It's interesting to me how Justin doesn't have a fight scheduled and complains that he wants to fight, he is ranked #2 right now, he has the same manager than Islam, DC says that Islam is the best in the world and Islam can't get a fight either. And yet the one that is ducking and people are angry at is #10 Felder who has the same ranking than islam has and a win over him won't get him into the top 5 anyway.

Felder may be ducking but if Islam beats Felder, he would only move towards #8, and if he beats Moises and Felder doesn't fight anybody... he will probably still move up to #8. At #8 he still needs 2 more fights or maybe 3 before a titleshot.

Hooker and Felder are the weakest fighters in the top 10, if Islam is really the best in the world why try to pair him with them to move up safely in the ranking as if he was british? Why not put him against Justin? If he beats Justin he can sit and wait for a titleshot after Oliveira and the winner of Conor/Poirier

Only read the title: Ali doesnt want his fighters to compete too often against each other, he wants them all at the top so he can force the UFC to accept his cherry picking
And just in this case Gaethje is ranked miles above Islam and is maybe fighting for the title next

Last edited:
How often does the #2 ranked guy fight a #10 ranked guy?
Leon Edwards was going to fight Chimaev, right? Wonderboy fought Darren Till. If he is as good as people claim, then put him a killer, and let's see if he is.

Leon Edwards was going to fight Chimaev, right? Wonderboy fought Darren Till. If he is as good as people claim, then put him a killer, and let's see if he is.
I mean it’s not like I don’t really want to see it but I can get why the guy who is probably next in line for a title shot isn’t going to fight a low ranked guy that has the potential to smash him.

Dober said in an interview that Garthje's first words to him after losing to Islam were "TOLD YOU, RIGHT!"

That sums up why Gaethje won't take the fight. After feeling Khabib's grappling he knows Islam & Khabib are on a different level.

It looks more like he's trying to pivot away from that imo. Maybe not though
4l84.gif

I wouldn't mind seeing Islam get a bigger fight :)

manager probably wants Islam to have higher pay before cashing in on both of them

Ali is looking to maximize each fighter's career path, as a good manager should do. Islam still 2 fights away, but Justin can get right back into the title picture with one win. I don't think its the smartest decision to throw them against each other right now.

Why would Islam fight the #2 guy coming off a title shot, when his biggest W is #15 ranked Drew Dober?

Gaethje should fight Dariush or Chandler.

Gaethje doesn't want to be embarrassed the way he was embarrassed with Khabib. He needs to remind fans that he's a tough guy. Obviously two losses in a row would hurt his reputation considerably.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back