How come ever since Anderson Silva left

One of Adesanya’s best wins by far (Whitaker) is the most overrated guy of all time at MW. 24-7 and lost to Court McGee is not an “elite” .
Pereira is Izzy’s lone “elite” win, and he’s down 1-3 against him.
Franklin,belfort and Henderson were the only elite wins on Silva's ufc record and belfort was a flake and who knows what version of him was gonna show up.

Leben not even top10 win for Silva at 185. Maybe 14th? 16th?
You dont even know the name of the 14th best win for Israel

Keep exposing yourself, kiddo
Israel has 16 ufc fights and I would say Wilkinson than tavares as his too least talented opponents. How's that gramps?

Israel has 16 ufc fights and I would say Wilkinson than tavares as his too least talented opponents. How's that gramps?

Wilkinson who was coming of getting KOed by WW Bahadurzada.

<{Heymansnicker}>

At least Leben was riding a 5 winning streak in UFC.

Wilkinson would be Israel's 11th best win btw. Leben not even that for Silva.
Dont you get tired of getting bitchslapped?

Get another hobby, kiddo

Wilkinson who was coming of getting KOed by WW Bahadurzada.

<{Heymansnicker}>

At least Leben was riding a 5 winning streak in UFC.

Wilkinson would be Israel's 11th best win btw. Leben not even that for Silva.
Dont you get tired of getting bitchslapped?

Get another hobby, kiddo
Ok you went from dumb to straight retarded. You clearly was like 12 in 2006

Great job answering my question :rolleyes:

Anderson is regarded as he is because he was dynamic that's why

i think it's more because he was highlight reeling a ton of dudes so casually. Adesanya has never had that kind of non-chalant casualness to him as Anderson did. because of that it really enhances Anderson's status. every Adesanya stoppage is like an expected stoppage. a lot of Anderson's stoppages look like some cartoonish type shit.

i think it's more because he was highlight reeling a ton of dudes so casually. Adesanya has never had that kind of non-chalant casualness to him as Anderson did. because of that it really enhances Anderson's status. every Adesanya stoppage is like an expected stoppage. a lot of Anderson's stoppages look like some cartoonish type shit.
That's what I meant when I said he was dynamic. I agree with you 100%

The only kind of fighters who can put a decent win streaks together as a champion and get GOAT conversation recondition are wrestlers.

I look at guys like uaman and adesanya and realistically I don't think either of them should be considered GOAT because I still belive in the big 3, Jon Jones Anderson Silva GSP big 4 if you count Fedor. But tell me why is it Usman can do half as much as Adesanya and they will consider him the divisionary GOAT.

Adesnya resume wise has surpassed Anderson Silva and even before his fight against strickland no one gave him any consideration for divisionary goat. Yet you have wrestlers like Khabib winning the title getting like 3 defenses and everyone wants to claim he's the overall goat. It makes no sense.

I'm interested to see what people will be saying about Leon. If Leon manages to put together a seven fight win streak are people going to treat him like Usman and Khabib. Or is he going to be the next adesnya where it doesn't matter if he manages to surpass gsp as adesnya did Anderson. Anyone notice this strange bias fans have when it comes to not wanting to admit a striker is goat.

adesanya did not pass anderson.

People just suffer from recency bias and the UFC always promotes the current champ as goat in that weight class, the only fighter who has a shot right away to obtain goat status is Volk, but right now Aldo is ahead of him for 145 goat

Even Volk is going to have a hard time getting to the numbers.

He is north of 35 I believe and in a lower weight class where I am not sure any champ has won title fights past that age.

What does he have, 5 title defenses?

I believe Aldo had 7 (plus 2 WEC)

Don't get me wrong, it is a great run.
But the longevity these GOAT candidates managed is something special that people shouldn't lose sight of.

Also I think literally half of Volks title wins are against one guy. Aldo went thru generations of #1 contenders.
I think you make some good points, but Volk has 3 wins against Max which is better than any of Aldo's wins, but at the same time, Aldo did it longer and has a better overall resume, Mendes twice, Faber, Frankie twice, outside of Max, Volk's best win is a past his prime Mendes or Yair, but IF Volk beats Islam, I would put him above Aldo given that Islam would be a better win than all of Aldo's and that would earn Volk double champ status, and if Volk defends 145 a few more times, it would be hard not to put him past Aldo

I think you make some good points, but Volk has 3 wins against Max which is better than any of Aldo's wins, but at the same time, Aldo did it longer and has a better overall resume, Mendes twice, Faber, Frankie twice, outside of Max, Volk's best win is a past his prime Mendes or Yair, but IF Volk beats Islam, I would put him above Aldo given that Islam would be a better win than all of Aldo's and that would earn Volk double champ status, and if Volk defends 145 a few more times, it would be hard not to put him past Aldo

I see people play the quality of competition card here a lot.

Like... is anyone saying Aldo didn't have quality wins??! WTF?

Mendes 2x
Frankie 2x
Prime Faber
Prime Mike Thomas Brown
Prime KZ
Ricardo Lamas
Kenny Florian
Manny Gamburyan

Even the double champ thing. Frankie was 155 champ while Aldo was champ and Aldo dominated him TWICE. The truth is Aldo isn't a double champ because he didn't speak english. That's why Aldo who won 11 title fights (wec+ufc) was told he had to vacate to challenge for a 2nd belt and Conor moved up without defending and Volk is getting his 2nd chance at CC status.

If Aldo got Conor treatment he could have been triple champ 135, 145, 155.

You aren't gonna tell me he wouldn't be favored over Barao. I think he would fuck up Cruz, TJ at that time would have been interesting. I'd take him over Cody (I don't know if they overlapped)

Volk is a stud. I ain't taking nothing away from him, just pointing out people really overlook what Aldo accomplished.
A decade undefeated. 11 title fight wins. Staying healthy enough. Still winning when he couldn't use his kicks or knees anymore, that was his best weapon and he didn't have it for his last 6 or so title fights. Aldo is a fucking beast.
------

** Volk beat prime Max. 3x
Credit where credit is due.

He beat older Aldo head to head, and Chad.
He has got wins, and a very solid resume.

I just don't like the idea that Aldo DOESNT.

I see people play the quality of competition card here a lot.

Like... is anyone saying Aldo didn't have quality wins??! WTF?

Mendes 2x
Frankie 2x
Prime Faber
Prime Mike Thomas Brown
Prime KZ
Ricardo Lamas
Kenny Florian
Manny Gamburyan

Even the double champ thing. Frankie was 155 champ while Aldo was champ and Aldo dominated him TWICE. The truth is Aldo isn't a double champ because he didn't speak english. That's why Aldo who won 11 title fights (wec+ufc) was told he had to vacate to challenge for a 2nd belt and Conor moved up without defending and Volk is getting his 2nd chance at CC status.

If Aldo got Conor treatment he could have been triple champ 135, 145, 155.

You aren't gonna tell me he wouldn't be favored over Barao. I think he would fuck up Cruz, TJ at that time would have been interesting. I'd take him over Cody (I don't know if they overlapped)

Volk is a stud. I ain't taking nothing away from him, just pointing out people really overlook what Aldo accomplished.
A decade undefeated. 11 title fight wins. Staying healthy enough. Still winning when he couldn't use his kicks or knees anymore, that was his best weapon and he didn't have it for his last 6 or so title fights. Aldo is a fucking beast.
------

** Volk beat prime Max. 3x
Credit where credit is due.

He beat older Aldo head to head, and Chad.
He has got wins, and a very solid resume.

I just don't like the idea that Aldo DOESNT.

Also, Frankie got robbed vs the much bigger Ben Henderson in the rematch imo
Aldo basically beat the legitimate LW champion

Also, Frankie got robbed vs the much bigger Ben Henderson in the rematch imo
Aldo basically beat the legitimate LW champion

Good old Frankie two times.

And I agree Aldo beat him at his best. Frankie won a LOT of big fights at 145 after losing to Aldo.

Oliveira
Yair
Cub Swanson 2x
Chad Mendes
Uriah Faber
BJ Penn
Jeremy Stephens

That's a arguable HOF career resume AFTER Aldo beat him.

The other thing is:

Volk beat Max and Aldo.
Amazing.
He beat the two prior champs before him.

Aldo beat Faber and MTB.
He beat the two prior champs before him.

And Aldo FUCKED THEM UP.
He finished Brown via prison rape ground and pound to take the title. Massive win.

b521cab3-e495-42cf-a9e0-e5b6849a791e_text (1).gif

(Mind you his title eliminator was an 8 second KO of Cub Swanson)

Then he brutalized Faber legs. Former 5x defending champ. Leg swollen like a domestic abuse victim got beaten with an aluminum baseball bat.

372bc6c3-7c09-4893-a2cc-8efc04769899_text.gif

So yeah... Volk beat PRIME Max 3x.
Fucking respect to that. That is a hell of an accomplishment, the rest of 145 hasn't beat that man in forever.

But Aldo also dispatched the prior champs. He finished his title fight win in dominant fashion.

I don't see how you can walk away from that comparison and say "advantage Volk" or at the very least you can't say Aldo comes off bad.

Volk is a stud. If he comes anywhere close to Aldos 11 title fight wins, he deserves all the respect in the world.
If he can match Aldos 8 UFC title fight wins, fucking respect to that.

Back