How can anyone say that a guy who's never been beaten or even rocked, is not the GOAT?

He's fighting a weight below what he should be.

Let's see his record at hw....if he ever gets the balls to do it.

he did ultimately lose 3 straight and he did fight alot of inferior fighters relative to jones' run. not saying he doesn't have a strong argument but so does jones.
Jones will lose too in few fights. And then he will keep losing if he continues to fight past his prime.

He has been beaten, and he's also failed a lot of drug tests.

... said the former Middleweight champion

960x0.jpg

Your point being? Luke was getting KTFO in MW and went up. WTF you thought would happen. Anderson made forrest griffin look like a total noob when he went up. Forrest was the LHW champ two fights before that.

Not to mention how well Santos and Smith are doing in LHW. Both failed at MW.

Like said LHW is garbage but not as much as the HW.

Because when you get pulled from a fight due to pissing hot for PEDs, then when the fight finally happens you piss hot for PEDs post fight ... it kind of ruins your legacy.

TS knows the answer. He’s just being cheeky.

Let Jones fight in the ring where he will not be able to keep distance and reach and in different rules with no elbows for example, and let him take 6 figts in a year, and then we will see if he is the goat

How about him losing to Hendricks?

Why mention Hendricks (which was a close fight that Hendricks should have won 3 rounds to 2) instead of Hughes and Serra, who both finished GSP?

Hughes and Serra did much better against GSP in their first fights (finishing someone is as good as it gets) than Hendricks, though for some reason neither is given much credit for it. And they both beat pre-knee injury GSP.

He lost to Hamill. He took PED's. He publicly lied to his fans that he was purified and was caught a second time with PEDs a few weeks later.
He took cocaine. He hit a pregnant woman in an accident. And it was not important to him whether the woman was fine, but only to bring his dope out of the crashed car.
And he is still pulsing .....
You also like to argue that only counts what happens in the cage.
But how should I tell my (non-existent) children how I can support someone doing such things?
To put it nicely, a guy like Jones never becomes a GOAT in my eyes.
But since each one has his own criteria for the GOAT status, and unfortunately this will be ALWAYS subjective, a foolish guy with a Bisping avatar can have such a blast as Goat. Shows his character nicely....

Jones hit a pregnant woman's car, but did he actually assault and beat up women like Gus did? How are you going to justify liking Gus to your future kids? If you're going to be hypocritical, at least try to hide it more.

Doing cocaine has nothing to do with how good of a fighter he is. Every sports figure that you like is a preist and has never done any drugs right?

Jones is the goat. For sure. But he didn’t look invincible lately and his day will come too

Serious question, I'm extremely confused. We have a group of guys who are all considered top fighters. Jones, Silva, Fedor, DC, Aldo and GSP.

Of these fighters, only ONE has never even been put on queer street in a fight, let alone beaten by another man in the octagon.....and he did this while snorting coke and partying, instead of training.

Let me reiterate.....HE'S NEVER EVEN BEEN ROCKED IN A FIGHT.

I don't care about his life outside of the cage.......in the cage, we've NEVER seen another fighter as dominant as Jones.

I'm really curious about this. Some of it I'm sure is racial bias, some of it is nationality bias ( people from Russia, Canada, etc. ) and some people are taking his life outside of the cage and letting it influence their thoughts on his fighting skills, but those are all subjective and misplaced preferences.

OBJECTIVELY speaking, Jones has NEVER LOST to another fighter. He's never even been rocked. There's literally no RATIONAL argument that can be made for anyone else being the GOAT.
He needed to stick syringes up his ass to achieve it and he got caught doing it multiple times , He is very known for in-cage fouls and despite some good opponents he has fought mostly weak competition.
Not to mention him getting outskilled by a one-legged middleweight and getting a gift decision , The PED thing alone disqualifies him immediately from any GOAT talks.
Also stop being so obsessed with race , Not everyone gives much of a fuck about fighters skin color as you do.

You might as well change your name to "Jon Jones has never been rocked in a fight" you pretty much mention it every post anyway.

How can anyone that has never fought at HW be the GOAT?

Serious question, I'm extremely confused. We have a group of guys who are all considered top fighters. Jones, Silva, Fedor, DC, Aldo and GSP.

Of these fighters, only ONE has never even been put on queer street in a fight, let alone beaten by another man in the octagon.....and he did this while snorting coke and partying, instead of training.

Let me reiterate.....HE'S NEVER EVEN BEEN ROCKED IN A FIGHT.

I don't care about his life outside of the cage.......in the cage, we've NEVER seen another fighter as dominant as Jones.

I'm really curious about this. Some of it I'm sure is racial bias, some of it is nationality bias ( people from Russia, Canada, etc. ) and some people are taking his life outside of the cage and letting it influence their thoughts on his fighting skills, but those are all subjective and misplaced preferences.

OBJECTIVELY speaking, Jones has NEVER LOST to another fighter. He's never even been rocked. There's literally no RATIONAL argument that can be made for anyone else being the GOAT.

Exactly. Preach.

He's also in a weak as fuck division that was full of old guys on their way out when he got towards the top. He also has a massive size and reach advantage over nearly everyone he's faced. He also chose to do be a cheat and do roids.

If he'd been doing what he's been doing in a stacked division, then sure, he might have a claim, but LHW is not fucking LW or even WW. There's a massive difference. It's the same as Mighty Mouse looking like a GOAT because he was out there beating everyone, but he was doing it in a weak ass division.

Back