How bad does Dana regret letting Rory go?

Rory is a beast, I may pick him over Woodley

It is funny how nobody cared about Lima back then but after the Rory fight Rory’s fans started to say crazy things like Lima is the best striker,Lima will beat Woodley, Wonderboy, Till,... easily just to praise Rory LOL.
Lima’s biggest and only thing he has in his stand up game is his leg kick, his boxing is nothing special, his TDD and ground game are awful, one of the worst based on the fact that he let a 1 leg, gassed out Rory took him down and beat him with ease lol. Colby, Tyron, Usman, RDA beat him easy with their takedown, Wonderboy, Till beat him by DEC or TKO if they know how to defend again leg kicks(Till used to be a Muay Thai fighter so he should know how to check kicks, Wonderboy can avoid it with his speed, in and out), he will probably beat Nick though

Last edited:
Bader
Davis
Mousasi
MacDonald
Henderson

Dumb decisions of UFC letting these guys go.

ScreenShot2012-06-26at111550AM.png

ScreenShot2012-06-26at112302AM.png

FaintMeaslyKoalabear-max-1mb.gif

And for some reason, it was the worst beating BJ ever took up until that point.

Right now Dana can't stand having Woodley as champ. The only (active) welterweight that would probably be the favorite over Woodley right now is Rory Macdonald, having dominated Woodley in the not too distant past.

The UFC was very cheap with Rory and his contract. They kind of also wanted to set the standard that if fighters aren't happy with their pay the UFC don't need them (Bader, Phil Davis,etc. were all top 10 fighters). Now it came back to bite them in the ass. Rory is the Bellator champ who is set to face Mousasi in a highly anticipated fight looking to be double champ. Right now UFC needs him more than he needs them.

Dana probably thinks about this every day hahah. Hopefully they offer Rory some big time money to come back.
Thinks about this everyday? Rory Macdonald? He's not a draw bud. Lawler vs Rory top 3 fight ever but only hardcores know these guys. Theyve been around a very long time. They dont make the company money and casuals dont know or apply f'ing MMA Math. Only Ariel is dumb and Canadian enough to think this is a thing. Dana regrets letting Rory go every day ... or he can just give us Jon and Conor back dummy. Jon will be headlining the Nate/ Poirier MSG card vs Gus imo. It's pretty obvious. Who gives a fuck about Rory?

didnt they let him go because he wasnt worth 50K to the company or something? Woodley's last purse 600K.

Dana didn't like Rory either, and for the same reasons.

Dana White probably hasn't thought about it once.

Rory has no personality and he stopped being a strong finisher against high competition

Did you actually watch the fight? He went to war with Lima. By rory's own admission his leg was so fucked in the 5th that if he could get it to the ground he couldn't continue. I guess that constitutes as lazy n pray though

His leg didn't get fucked up by itself. Its a fact that hw ate hard calf kicks throughout the rounda , ans hence resorted to lay and pray to win.

didnt they let him go because he wasnt worth 50K to the company or something? Woodley's last purse 600K.

Championship purse. They have no choice but to pay him and they cannot cut him

Letting Rory walk was a bad decision. He was their only hope in the Canadian market. He was also a guy who could save the division from Woodley if necessary.

I don't know that Canadians have stopped watching UFC because Rory and GSP aren't really around anymore. As a Canadian nyself I never once rooted for Rory and don't care for him at all and as far as I know he never had the Canadian casual appeal that GSP does.

The Canadian market is doing just fine

If you haven’t seen this breakdown of Rory vs woodley you should watch it. It’s insane how good of a game plan Rory followed and how woodley has nothing for it.

Very good breakdown. Thanks for posting this. Tyron still does the same things. Fortunately for him, Dana let go of Rory.

I don't know that Canadians have stopped watching UFC because Rory and GSP aren't really around anymore. As a Canadian nyself I never once rooted for Rory and don't care for him at all and as far as I know he never had the Canadian casual appeal that GSP does.

The Canadian market is doing just fine
Rory just comes off as a very high nosed unsocialite which is hard to market to the masses. One of the few successful Canadians in MMA, but will never reach the stage GSP did with his fans.

Back