How bad does Dana regret letting Rory go?

I think you may be right. Now Dana has to figure out what he's going to do because Tyron refuses to go down. He's been active, has toned down the rhetoric, and done what he needs to do in the cage. This has got to be a real conundrum for Dana, but it seems to me that the best thing to do at this point is to get behind Tyron, whether you are tired of his shenanigans or not. He probably IS the best WW in the world right now, OR at least he's the best the UFC has. I think he mauls Colby.

Colby will bring a ton of cash so Dana will be happy regardless. I agree entirely though that Colby doesnt stand a chance.

After that I mean who knows? Usman? Till again? Wonderboy?? Options are so limited.

It's kind of funny because I've heard Dana say GsP can come back and fight for the WW belt. Full on knowing he would vacate it after (if he won). Tells me Dana wants him out any way possible.

Sadly at the time Rory was kind of broken. USADA didn't test UFC 189 to my knowledge, and fucking piece of garbage Robbie Lawler had like a 60+ LH level and a 3:1 T/E ratio. That's literally impossible for a non-doping athlete to achieve. Rory got broken by a PED enhanced Lawler. Once that happened, he wasn't winning the championship any time soon.

Thankfully Rory has rebuilt himself and regained some confidence. Now we'll see how he does against Gegard Mousasi @ middleweight -- they're fighting in Bellator at the end of September. I'm super hyped for that one!!

you're gonna need a source on those claims

If you haven’t seen this breakdown of Rory vs woodley you should watch it. It’s insane how good of a game plan Rory followed and how woodley has nothing for it.

Why didn'y Rory gameplan his way to UFC champ?

Letting Rory walk was a bad decision. He was their only hope in the Canadian market. He was also a guy who could save the division from Woodley if necessary.
Save the division from Woodley? Wtf does that even mean?

You guys are acting as if Rory was some sort of god lol....he did get his shit pushed in by robbie lawler so theres no way of knowing if rory would even get another shot at woodley

Letting Rory walk was a bad decision. He was their only hope in the Canadian market. He was also a guy who could save the division from Woodley if necessary.

he got his ass beat by lawler...like i said, theres no guarantee rory would win.
Remember when GSP got beat by hughes?

He ended up beating matts ass and is considered a GOAT.
So dont always assume that loss is going to repeat itself. Everyone gets better.

Canadians love Rory and would be a solid draw when marketed correctly. Especially on Canadian cards.

Right now Dana can't stand having Woodley as champ. The only (active) welterweight that would probably be the favorite over Woodley right now is Rory Macdonald, having dominated Woodley in the not too distant past.

The UFC was very cheap with Rory and his contract. They kind of also wanted to set the standard that if fighters aren't happy with their pay the UFC don't need them (Bader, Phil Davis,etc. were all top 10 fighters). Now it came back to bite them in the ass. Rory is the Bellator champ who is set to face Mousasi in a highly anticipated fight looking to be double champ. Right now UFC needs him more than he needs them.

Dana probably thinks about this every day hahah. Hopefully they offer Rory some big time money to come back.

I'm actually glad that Rory is in Bellator. He gets better pays, more respected, and Dana is crying silent tears because he dislikes Woodley so much.

It's a win-win situation, in my opinion.

Tyron beats Rory today. At this rate it doesnt look like any WW in the world is beating Tyron.

Dana just has to deal with it.

i doubt rory beats current woodley tbh

he has evolved a lot over the years

and i say that being from Vancouver as well

Sadly at the time Rory was kind of broken. USADA didn't test UFC 189 to my knowledge, and fucking piece of garbage Robbie Lawler had like a 60+ LH level and a 3:1 T/E ratio. That's literally impossible for a non-doping athlete to achieve. Rory got broken by a PED enhanced Lawler. Once that happened, he wasn't winning the championship any time soon.

Thankfully Rory has rebuilt himself and regained some confidence. Now we'll see how he does against Gegard Mousasi @ middleweight -- they're fighting in Bellator at the end of September. I'm super hyped for that one!!

Reported.

Reported.

Go for it. I'll happily defend that statement. It's scientifically extremely improbable for a normal person to have a 3:1 T/E ratio without using PEDs, and that 60 LH level is something else.

Since you're obviously an uneducated dumbass, allow me to educate you kid. Testosterone is produced in a racemic mixture of enantiomers. Only the "T" enantiomer is a biologically active steroid -- the Epitestosterone enantiomer is biologically inactive, but your body still makes it in equal proportions to the T. Thus, normal humans have roughly a 1:1 T/E ratio.

I simulated in R 1 million human tests for T/E, and you only get up to 1.34:1 or 1:1.34 ranges. A 3:1 T/E ratio is so improbable that you MUST conclude steroid abuse. If the null hypothesis is a 1:1 T/E ratio, the p-value for Robbies test is far, FAR less than 0.000001. Absolutely no scientist would accept the null hypothesis with that p-value.

@Alpha_T83

Thinking Rory has been clean throughout his career..

It's wishful thinking

I mean, it's tough to say anyone was or wasn't clean during the pre-USADA era... I'll admit that point. We've seen so many fighters busted since USADA came in, and they're still probably missing a bunch of them.

However, Rory was crazy young. Don't underestimate how youth helps a fighter. You really don't need steroids at that age. I remember when I was 22-23, I could work out like crazy and recover easily from any injury. You don't start *really* needing steroids to maintain that early 20's form until your later 20's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back