• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Season 2 (Official Trailer, post #20; Premieres June 16, 2024)

I rewatched some of S1 and it reminded me how much better the young Rhaenyra actress was. The adult actress isn't terrible but she wasn't the right one for the role. Meanwhile the young to adult Alicent was a seamless transition, you'd forget they were different people.

I rewatched some of S1 and it reminded me how much better the young Rhaenyra actress was. The adult actress isn't terrible but she wasn't the right one for the role. Meanwhile the young to adult Alicent was a seamless transition, you'd forget they were different people.

Are you kidding? The young Alicent might as well have been a cardboard cutout. The older Alicent's way better.

Given what I know this season covers, HOTD will likely run for another 2 seasons..

Aegons Conquest (along with the Hedge Knight which is currently being filmed) is currently in development at HBO, so they have that solid tick of content in the pipeline..

Sons of the Conqueror/Maegor the Cruel would probably have to be toned down as a adaption, even for HBO.. absolutely grotesque and probably the best part of Fire and Blood.

Reactions: HHJ
Both Emma D'Arcy and Olivia Cooke are great for their roles. Season 1 was great and at points even excellent. Looking forward to season 2.

I dont mind the adult Rhaenyra actress but the younger one def stood out more. She is missed.

Sons of the Conqueror/Maegor the Cruel would probably have to be toned down as a adaption, even for HBO.. absolutely grotesque and probably the best part of Fire and Blood.
Yeahhhh....

Maegor the CRUEL is an understatement

Of course they changed it on the show to Aemond "accidentally" killing Luke.
Thats fine. The book says that the historians that they draw the stories from are not always correct. Alot of things can be open ended.

I thought it was way better this way. He wanted to cut his eye out right then and there.

The only reason he wouldnt kill him is because of the war it was going to start. That was going too far. The look of him on his dragon "I fucked up" is phenomenal.

Starts tonight, right? Can't wait. I remember thinking 2 years is so far away, after the first season ended. Now I've already seen a season of Fallout <Neil01>

giphy.gif

One more hour.

Idk. They killed a kid but I don’t care. Killing an innocent child should be atrocious but I’m like, eh. I’m sure it sets us up for some fun tho.

Back