Television HOUSE OF THE DRAGON (Renewed for Season 2, post #571)

If they didn’t pace it like this the show would drag on forever
Trust me this all could have been an exposition dump, and it’s better that it’s not
Its not that the show is ruined.

Its just that:

1) It does confuse me at times
2) some scenes potential payoffs are muddled by how quickly the show is going

Its not that the show is ruined.

Its just that:

1) It does confuse me at times
2) some scenes potential payoffs are muddled by how quickly the show is going
I watch with my wife and she feels the same, so I get it
Just saying that a lot of this stuff is set up

Reactions: HHJ
You really have to look at this as a different show.

This is really heavy on court intrigue and not a battle between armies of the dead. Its very enjoyable for what it is,despite it's flaws.
I think the fact that it is more about "court intrigue" is a reason why they should be even more charming and charismatic.

I think the fact that it is more about "court intrigue" is a reason why they should be even more charming and charismatic.
Im ok with the characters,its just that it goes so fast,you dont have time to get used to them. Corlys should get more screen time. His daughter who marries Daemon is killed off so fast,its like she was never there. Otto Hightower is great,and he will be back.
Harrold Westerling probably died of old age by now though,and mores the pity.

Anyway there's cool characters,but they dont have enough time to do anything cool,yet.

Does rhaenyras gay husband even hit that? I can’t imagine him being stoked about having kids that he knows he didn’t at least possibly make lol.

Last edited:
Does rhaenyras gay husband even hit that? I can’t imagine him being stoked about having kids that he knows he didn’t at least possibly even make lol.
I’m thinking he just doesn’t give a fuck. But little Rhaenyra said ‘‘do our duty’’ which I thought had to mean trying for a kid.

Like someone said earlier, their wedding would've been a great point to end the season.

They could even do House of the Dragon as an anthology series.

Seasons 1-3: Dance of the Dragons
Seasons 4-6: Blackfyre Rebellion
Seasons 7-9: Aegon's Conquest

I actually heard rumors something like this is the plan. A bunch of mini-series. And it makes sense because the book material doesn't justify multiple 10 plus seasons on just the Dance of the Dragons.

Ok so I enjoyed some parts and others did sort of confuse me. I didnt care about the actor changes. Those were fine. I really cant give two shits that Criston Cole looks the same,who gives a fuck? What bothered me was how rushed some things were. The scene where Daemon's wife commands her dragon to kill her was just so quickly and poorly done. Also the fact that she even has one...ok? They dont explain what happened to his whore gf at all,but I wouldnt miss her anyway.

I was completley confused as to whose kids where Rhaenyra's and which were Alicents.
I also thought the scene with Alicent and Aegon was poorly done,but thats only my impression on first watch.

I am still enjoying the show,and will keep watching,but the pace is def a problem.

They explained in previous episodes that house has dragons. Also, the whore gf is doing her own thing which was also explained in a previous episode.

Ok so I enjoyed some parts and others did sort of confuse me. I didnt care about the actor changes. Those were fine. I really cant give two shits that Criston Cole looks the same,who gives a fuck? What bothered me was how rushed some things were. The scene where Daemon's wife commands her dragon to kill her was just so quickly and poorly done. Also the fact that she even has one...ok? They dont explain what happened to his whore gf at all,but I wouldnt miss her anyway.

I was completley confused as to whose kids where Rhaenyra's and which were Alicents.
I also thought the scene with Alicent and Aegon was poorly done,but thats only my impression on first watch.

I am still enjoying the show,and will keep watching,but the pace is def a problem.

Took me awhile with the kids also pretty much
Blonde hair kids = alicents
Dark hair kids. = rhaenyras

Makes me wonder why alicents kids don't have dark hair since she is dark haired also. Rhaenyra kids having dark hair is just to let the viewers know there bastards but not being black is more then.enough to know that.

I’m thinking he just doesn’t give a fuck. But little Rhaenyra said ‘‘do our duty’’ which I thought had to mean trying for a kid.

I assumed the same.

Im ok with the characters,its just that it goes so fast,you dont have time to get used to them. Corlys should get more screen time. His daughter who marries Daemon is killed off so fast,its like she was never there. Otto Hightower is great,and he will be back.
Harrold Westerling probably died of old age by now though,and mores the pity.

Anyway there's cool characters,but they dont have enough time to do anything cool,yet.

I usually watch the previous episode just before the newest one airs to try to get back into the show. Having episodes spread out over weeks makes it difficult to recall what happened. I have checked out some of the online sites for character names and show synopsis but I did get some comparison to the book version of events which I wasn't looking for but would certainly change some of the story lines in the show considerably.

Nothing confirmed but there were rumors that the long night series got canned because it was a shitshow, they spun up some new lore based on D&D that ignored all the books and ended up with a people of color vs white people race war plot. In GRRM's work you have the First Men come to the continent in prehistory, and take over from Children of the Forest who look like plant faeries. There's a long campaign but First Men win, and then they end the war by signing the Pact. No Others are seen until centuries later, and the Long Night is well after that.

The pilot was based on the D&D version so it had white folks murdering all the people of color of the forest who then become the others to avoid losing the war?
Wtf??? even the wokest of woke would cringe at that.

Wtf??? even the wokest of woke would cringe at that.
Hahaha at some point you get so woke it goes all the way around the corner and comes back and then it can't be made.

Exactly, I'm a goddamn treehugger who believes in socialized medicine and I'd fully support the HBO execs who killed that project.
They got a great story there as it is. The first Men, the children, rise of the night king, etc.

I'm still hoping for a Doom of Valeriya series. Buts that's going to be expensive production though might have to be a movie.

Are Daemon's kids with Laena really his? They don't look 3/4 Targaryen.

What did the nurses do to the baby when he was born? Did they cut the umbilical cord or did they do something to his private area? I like the new actors. They are very different. You can tell they are trying to make some character like GoT characters. They want Alicent to be like Cersei and the younger Strong guy to be like Littlefinger.
I dont consider to be as morally bankrupt as Cersei was the entirety of the GOT show,although there certainly are parallels. She was forced to marry a man she didnt love and is fiercely protective of her children,but shes not an arrogant cunt like Cersei. You get the feeling she would wish to just live in peace,if there was no danger to her children.

Back