Television HOUSE OF THE DRAGON (Renewed for Season 2, post #571)

Nothing confirmed but there were rumors that the long night series got canned because it was a shitshow, they spun up some new lore based on D&D that ignored all the books and ended up with a people of color vs white people race war plot. In GRRM's work you have the First Men come to the continent in prehistory, and take over from Children of the Forest who look like plant faeries. There's a long campaign but First Men win, and then they end the war by signing the Pact. No Others are seen until centuries later, and the Long Night is well after that.

The pilot was based on the D&D version so it had white folks murdering all the people of color of the forest who then become the others to avoid losing the war?
That's basically what I heard too. The synopsis sounded terrible.

Did the age of heros come after that? Or before?

I try not to read too much wiki so I don't spoil myself on potential stuff in the works lol

Both and neither? Might of included the latter period of Night and the following Dawn if you will. Some stories from "Age of Heroes" may have been myths from before the Night too.

I have a better chance of being Lord of Winterfell than GRRM finishing any books lol
Well these are just short stories and we know how it ends. Maybe that's less intimidating to him than finishing his magnum opus.

Well these are just short stories and we know how it ends. Maybe that's less intimidating to him than finishing his magnum opus.
Ah ok

Dude must have some serious writers block or actively enjoys prolonging writing

Ok so I enjoyed some parts and others did sort of confuse me. I didnt care about the actor changes. Those were fine. I really cant give two shits that Criston Cole looks the same,who gives a fuck? What bothered me was how rushed some things were. The scene where Daemon's wife commands her dragon to kill her was just so quickly and poorly done. Also the fact that she even has one...ok? They dont explain what happened to his whore gf at all,but I wouldnt miss her anyway.

I was completley confused as to whose kids where Rhaenyra's and which were Alicents.
I also thought the scene with Alicent and Aegon was poorly done,but thats only my impression on first watch.

I am still enjoying the show,and will keep watching,but the pace is def a problem.

I think the fact that not a single character is as charming or sexy as the GOT actors is hurting the show. The kings wife is alright but her personality is dull AF.
You really have to look at this as a different show.

This is really heavy on court intrigue and not a battle between armies of the dead. Its very enjoyable for what it is,despite it's flaws.

From the book apparently (I found this on ASOIAF wiki) concerning Rhaenyra’s betrothal to Laenor:

“One objection was raised: Laenor Velaryon was now nineteen years of age yet had never shown any interest in women. Instead he surrounded himself with handsome squires of his own age and was said to prefer their company. But Grand Maester Mellos dismissed this concern out of hand. "What of it?" he is supposed to have said. "I am not fond of fish, but when fish is served, I eat it." Thus was the match decided.”

LOL. Fish. Get it, because it smells like fish…

2610ab05-1a3d-437b-b024-5c9d3ec49d29_text.gif
I hate that man for what he tried to do to the Predator franchise.

Ok so I enjoyed some parts and others did sort of confuse me. I didnt care about the actor changes. Those were fine. I really cant give two shits that Criston Cole looks the same,who gives a fuck? What bothered me was how rushed some things were. The scene where Daemon's wife commands her dragon to kill her was just so quickly and poorly done. Also the fact that she even has one...ok? They dont explain what happened to his whore gf at all,but I wouldnt miss her anyway.

I was completley confused as to whose kids where Rhaenyra's and which were Alicents.
I also thought the scene with Alicent and Aegon was poorly done,but thats only my impression on first watch.

I am still enjoying the show,and will keep watching,but the pace is def a problem.
If they didn’t pace it like this the show would drag on forever
Trust me this all could have been an exposition dump, and it’s better that it’s not

Back