Television HOUSE OF THE DRAGON (Renewed for Season 2, post #571)

did anyone else feel viserys/paddy really stood out in the show in a bad way? every time he was on screen, my immersion was kind of broken. i dont think it was even his acting but his appearance

did anyone else feel viserys/paddy really stood out in the show in a bad way? every time he was on screen, my immersion was kind of broken. i dont think it was even his acting but his appearance
a few but its not a favourite of a topic here, people think he deserves a diamond ecrusted platinum Emmy despite his flip-plopping character, fun dynamic age&disease progress using every loophole in relativity theory as seen fit or his overthetop acting.

nobody likes a quitter! hahahaha

Just finished watching it. Based on its reception, I was expecting a lot more tbh. My sister asked me a bunch of times if I watched it and I waited until I literally had nothing else to watch to finally give it a go.

I remember some people describing it as a soap opera set in Kings' Landing and I think that seems accurate. There is no grand scale, no grand narrative, few interesting plot developments, it's a prequel so by default it's less interesting, the characters are less interesting, and overall the production seemed a lot lower quality. Not a bad show, but I definitely wasn't missing much by putting off watching it for so long.

I can't recall the last time I made it through an episode of a show and didn't finish the season. I pretty much always give it at least one season. I even made it through the entire season of The Peripheral, lol (won't be watching Season 2 of that one).
E8 and E10 were the really good episodes. The other episodes I thought in hindsight had a lot of problems akin to S5-6 GoT. Hoping with the departure of the Miguel guy the next season can be improved.

Started reading fire and blood cuz I don't wanna wait 2 years for season 2.
I finished it recently and holy shit. I see now why the bookreaders were okay with the timeskips, the upcoming seasons are going to be wild..

a few but its not a favourite of a topic here, people think he deserves a diamond ecrusted platinum Emmy despite his flip-plopping character, fun dynamic age&disease progress using every loophole in relativity theory as seen fit or his overthetop acting.
Same here. Over rated as f. His character was nothing special. Mmm i think its just shertards who like to hop onto any bandwagon.

I know I'm late but I finally got around to seeing this. Just like everyone else, I wasn't expecting much after the way GOT ended.
It was good, but didn't get me hooked like the first season of GOT. The first season of GOT got me so hooked that I ended up buying all the books, but this time I'm more mildly interested.

The time jumps, the weird battle scene, the actress for the Princess changing are all valid complaints. They also made it seem like there is no order in the royal court at all. How can they have knights and nobles drawing weapons out or beating each other to death in the presence of the fucking King?
If they kill a bunch of heads of major houses for not bending the knee, do they think that'll secure an alliance with these houses when their family members are notice that they're not coming home? Especially when there's a major and official challenge to the crown that disgruntled houses can flock to? That just seems like a stupid move. It's like they decided that if there's a war, they want to make sure they will have enemies.
How is the gay husband of the princess not mad that a member of the king's guard publicly murdered his boyfriend/training partner?
The dragon CGI looked a bit shoddy at times.

I can't believe these writers and show runners don't do any research for historical battles and fights. Some unrealistic hollywood style fights are understandable for entertainment but at least make them make some sense.

The constant politicking, gossiping and scheming got tiring, but that's probably the point. I would hate living in that kind of environment. I hate office gossip and politicking at companies as it is. I got why Robert preferred to just drink and fuck whores. Viserys is an amazing king compared to what we've seen so far: Robert, Joffery, Tommen (puppet of Cersei), the Mad King, etc. He actually cared for his wife and didn't fuck scores of whores. He's no Tywin Lannister but he managed pretty well as long as he was alive. He fucked up with the succession, but he's better than what we've seen so far.

That being said, I don't get the complaint that Milly Alcock looks weird. She is cute as hell. I wouldn't mind being her incestuous uncle.

I was bored by it and will not watch the 2nd season most likely. It's leaps and bounds better than Rings of Power, but not enough to grip me. I think there are better fantasy shows out there--Shadow and Bone, the first few seasons of The Witcher, Vox Machina, The Gryphon.

I was bored by it and will not watch the 2nd season most likely. It's leaps and bounds better than Rings of Power, but not enough to grip me. I think there are better fantasy shows out there--Shadow and Bone, the first few seasons of The Witcher, Vox Machina, The Gryphon.
I think they should've done a tighter, more self contained story like about the Hedge Night instead of doing a repeat of another epic Westeros-wide struggle for the throne.

people think he deserves a diamond ecrusted platinum Emmy despite his flip-plopping character, fun dynamic age&disease progress using every loophole in relativity theory as seen fit or his overthetop acting.

bj_BJ9.gif

Same here. Over rated as f. His character was nothing special. Mmm i think its just shertards who like to hop onto any bandwagon.

yg5R9W.gif

i'll have to make a full rewatch, i realise that i watched S1 sideways and i don't remember much of it.

Honestly kinda meh on season 2. I know how everything ends up. While the first season was a fresh taking back to pre season 7 GOT style I think it wears off season 2 as intrest just isn't there as much imo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back