Hottest weather you've experienced?

Nothing too bad in Brisbane so far this summer. Been through my fair share of 40 degree days with shocking humidity levels.

42 degrees in Athens.

Having gone there from England where it is usually 5-15 around that time, it was glorious.

117 faranheit in 29 Palms, CA. Pretty damn hot.

North Carolina/Virginia in the summer may have been worse though. Damn humidity.

Got you beat on that location. July 1999 29 Palms (Camp Wilson), CA. 125 Fahrenheit. We were taking turns taking pictures standing next to a round temperature gauge. That day felt like a constant blow dryer in my face.

Coldest was in Northern Quebec, didn't know the temperature, but it was early Feb in the morning and in elevated altitude, and the wind cut through your bone. Had to pray the car would start.

Hottest was in southern Taiwan, might not be hot temperature wise (low 40s) but the humidity was the real killer and it feels like I am in a boiling soup.

Hiking Death Valley while hungover it was around 120 F that day.

However -I've played in Soccer stadiums on field turf that was much much hotter.

I was in West Africa a couple of years back and one day it got around 120. I asked our translator if he was hot and he said, "Nah, it's ok."

Not sure the hottest outside temperature. But in high school I went on a service trip to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota and they had us participate in something called "The Sweat." Where they basically heat this room with small rocks until the temperature is in the 140's. And you gotta stay in there for like 30-45 minutes. Cool experience but kind of grueling at the end.

Just above 110 F in southern california but I've found that 90+ with high humidity feels worse than that.

Hottest man made environment i ever worked in was an improperly ventilated restaurant kitchen when I was young. One day on 4th of july weekend we left a thermometer out after the lunch rush had died down and it was 131 F. The sick part is it had felt hotter than that about an hour prior in the middle of the rush.

All the guys in the kitchen there would drink 5+ pitchers of ice water EACH just to get through a shift and we would still get heat rashes and need to take breaks for fresh 80 degree air outside.

Only about 37c, but with the humidity levels it felt like a lot more.

Summer in 29 Palms, ca or when I was in Sanaa, Yemen.

Also Pattaya, Thailand was really unbearable

I live in New England, so nothing too bad. Though we do get spikes over 100 every now and then, and summers are usually pretty humid.

I used to work in a greenhouse and there were always a couple houses that were empty and not ventilated at all. Just bubbles of plastic reflecting the sun into dead, wet greenhouse air. We would dare each other to walk to the far end of it, read the temp on the thermometer, and come back. You could barely breathe, the temps were in the 130-140 range and the air was wet. Don't touch any metal!

Just above 110 F in southern california but I've found that 90+ with high humidity feels worse than that.

Hottest man made environment i ever worked in was an improperly ventilated restaurant kitchen when I was young. One day on 4th of july weekend we left a thermometer out after the lunch rush had died down and it was 131 F. The sick part is it had felt hotter than that about an hour prior in the middle of the rush.

All the guys in the kitchen there would drink 5+ pitchers of ice water EACH just to get through a shift and we would still get heat rashes and need to take breaks for fresh 80 degree air outside.
We had a transformer blow this past Summer and within ten minutes the kitchen was 150F. The general manager insisted that we still serve cold food, so I let everybody else go, padlocked the walk-ins and finished service by my self.

just got back to melbourne from Sydney today, & fuck me sydney was unbearable.
weve recorded our hottest ever national 5 day high, 39 degrees average australia wide.
this joint is getting hotter by the year

112 in Sacramento. Traveling in college in my athletic days.

I was coming from somewhere the temps barely hit half that

Back