International Hong Kong grounds all flights as protest paralyzes airport. China threatens no mercy.

Teardowns Reveal Qualcomm 5G Chips Beat Huawei’s On Size and Efficiency

While an iFixit teardown of Huawei’s Mate 20X suggested that the company’s first 5G smartphone was using fairly large, hot-running components to compete with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon chips, the engineering differences between the 5G rivals are now becoming clearer thanks to teardowns performed by IHS Markit.

In a report released today, the research firm says it made some interesting discoveries after disassembling six early 5G smartphones: Based on chip size, system design, and memory, Huawei rushed a comparatively inefficient solution to market, resulting in a device that’s larger, more expensive, and less energy efficient than it could have been.

Qualcomm is expected to be the only real alternative for carriers and OEMs interested in supporting millimeter wave 5G, as it’s already offering complete modem-to-antenna designs; its only multi-vendor rival, Taiwan-based MediaTek, has focused on non-millimeter wave parts.

Qualcomm Done Been In Daddy Dick Mode!

http://www.moorinsightsstrategy.com...st-5g-modem-puts-qualcomm-ahead-of-the-curve/

Because of Qualcomm’s CDMA heritage and 4G expertise, it only seems natural that the company would also want to have a leading place in 5G. This is further exemplified by their exhaustive R&D in 5G as well as industry wide-partnerships with operators, infrastructure vendors and device makers.

To my knowledge, the Snapdragon X50 5G modem is the first and only 5G modem in existence. Qualcomm says the Snapdragon X50 5G modem is capable of download speeds of up to 5 Gbps which is 5x faster than the fastest 4G modem, which also happens to be a Qualcomm modem, the Snapdragon X16. To attain speeds of up to 5 Gbps, the X50 must do things like adaptive beam-forming and beam tracking for when the device isn’t in direct line of sight.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/...agon-855-is-the-worlds-first-real-5g-chipset/

While Qualcomm will offer the 855 with and without 5G (as it confirmed was the plan with its 5G X50 modem earlier this year), there’s no doubt that for consumers, OEMs, and operators alike, next-gen network technologies are the main draw here. Without 5G, the 855 is just another process shrink (rumors peg this as Qualcomm’s first 7nm chipset), which is no small achievement (PUN!), but not much of a compelling marketing story. Qualcomm is heavily invested in 5G, and it needs excitement around the standard to build if it’s going to sell its pricey new modems to manufacturers.

The 855 is the world’s first 5G-ready chipset in any practical sense, as it will be the first to appear in 5G phones you can actually buy for use on 5G networks that actually exist. Huawei may dispute this characterization, but no products on the market use their 5G tech. The first 5G phones in the world will launch in America - because it’s currently the only country on earth with any meaningful 5G deployment - and those 5G phones will use Qualcomm processors with Qualcomm 5G modems. And that’s really the only 5G “first” that matters.

This was hilarzious too.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...s-no-good-private-communications-it-was-best/

During the roughly two years Apple was locked in a legal battle with one of its suppliers, Qualcomm, the iPhone maker publicly argued that the chip maker’s technology was worthless.

But according to an internal Apple memo Qualcomm showed during the trial this week between the two tech companies, Apple’s hardware executives used words like “the best” to describe Qualcomm’s engineering. Another Apple memo described Qualcomm as having a “unique patent share” and “significant holdings.”

<36> <36> <36>

I don't think it is too late. I think Chinese power is overhyped. The West is still leaps and bounds more powerful, and can really fcuk over China if there is the will. The West attitude = selling the rope that will be used to hang it.

Like I said in one of the Lounge threads (and several others), nobody is going to have hegemony or dominion over the United States. It is food secure, energy independent and boasts the premier industrial high technology industries. Incidentally, China is and has none of things. That is national security and what makes the world run: Ag, Energy, Tech. It'll take the edge off a lot of hard times and suffering if shit were to ever truly hit the fan, be it during severe global economic (and supply chain) disruptions or in a hypothetical state of total war.

yQRX7cb.jpg

CGTN (China Global Television Network) is a Chinese international English-language news channel of the state-owned China Global Television Network group, part of the China Central Television (CCTV), based in Beijing.

They're right, its obviously not peaceful.

But the thing is I don't value law and order above everything else, especially not in the case of such an oppressive regime. You gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette. I like the laser pointer idea, police state thugs should be thankful for getting off so easily.

But the thing is I don't value law and order above everything else, especially not in the case of such an oppressive regime. You gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette. I like the laser pointer idea, police state thugs should be thankful for getting off so easily.
Everywhere there is a common theme, the police always support the elites to crush the common people.

Massacre, eh?
Fuck these terrorists troublemakers

170629182543-01-xi-jinping-hong-kong-full-169.jpg

Who wanna test, y'all? C.C.P. aka Commu-nest y'all, guard your chest y'all, nothing can protect y'all... from buckshot(s) on down to the rest y'all, we running through your set y'all, fuck the US y'all, we be the best y'all yes yes y'all! Crack skulls North South East and West y'all, ready to wet y'all, place your bottom dollar bets y'all chest will become messed if you flex y'all, nevertheless y'all, lock it down with the full court press y'all.

Like Murka could effectively intervene here even it wanted to. This country is a fucking mess on so many different levels, preoccupied with so much absolute shite and it's only going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Xi is stunting all over the god damn place on myriad fronts, making shit pop at the mere snap of his fingers. Better wake the fuck up before head is handed to you, son.

Like Murka could effectively intervene here even it wanted to. This country is a fucking mess on so many different levels, preoccupied with so much absolute shite and it's only going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Xi is stunting all over the god damn place on myriad fronts, making shit pop at the mere snap of his fingers. Better wake the fuck up better head is handed to you.

In this case we probably could by funneling a shit tonne of small arms in.

I think we would see a decades long insurrection.

In this case we probably could by funneling a shit tonne of small arms in.

I think we would see a decades long insurrection.

It will be interesting to see if and how much heat the CCP actually brings. A lot of people consider it a significantly less evil entity than the United States for geopolitical purposes and activity but that's really only because it hasn't been left to its own devices to run roughshod. Christ, just look at how it deals with its own citizens on the mainland.

I don't think China will turn this into a massacre. This Hong Kong issue is pretty much the most popular story in the world right now. If they go through with their usual MO, it'll create too much tension with the rest of the world and severely damage their image. They have to tread carefully now that people are paying very close attention to their actions.

Before the Tiananmen Square massacre they had a chance to fight the military. They chose to be peaceful. Don't make that mistake again China. Fight them and don't let them attack you for free.

Why Can’t Taiwan, Vietnam, Indonesia, and Malaysia take their place?
I hope so. Our dependency on China and it's evil is sickening. It's also sickening that many don't care as it saves a few cents on manufacturering

Like Murka could effectively intervene here even it wanted to. This country is a fucking mess on so many different levels, preoccupied with so much absolute shite and it's only going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Xi is stunting all over the god damn place on myriad fronts, making shit pop at the mere snap of his fingers. Better wake the fuck up before head is handed to you, son.
We could use economic and diplomatic means to turn the screws on China.
Even absent this HK issue, the US should be forging an anti China alliance in Asia. China is a threat , a huge threat to others in the region and beyond.

Chinese power is over-rated. At the end of the day, they need Japanese and Western markets , and technology. If they could indigenously develop cutting edge tech and competitive commercial tech, they wouldn't need to steal Western tech and demand Western and Japanese firms agree to technology transfer. Even Russia is more advanced than them on defense tech.

Back