Media Holyfield and Belfort looking ripped and ready for war.

Holyfield is one of my favorite combat athletes ever. Yes, he looks great for his age, but I still don't want to see the 58-year-old version of him get punched in the face by a guy with murderous knockout power. Vitor is 44 himself, and that's old for a fighter, but 58 in boxing is fucking ancient.

I just watched the weigh-in video, and I don't like the way Holyfield sounds. Something just seems really off about him when he speaks. I'm surprised the athletic commission cleared him.

tyson looked good in his last outing, if holyfield anywhere near that for the fight, vitor is sleeping.

100%

Look at his movement it’s all still there … vitor has no technique compared to Holyfield … Holyfield is gonna dance around Belfort and avoid his big punches and win … crazy that the odds are even… if I’m wrong someone please bump this thread

I haven't watched boxing in ages. But I think I'll watch this event!

tyson looked good in his last outing, if holyfield anywhere near that for the fight, vitor is sleeping.

He isn't, he is absolutely worlds away. Even today's Tyson would butcher Belfort, but look at this footage compared to Tyson's training footage and his actual fight with RJJ. Tyson looked 100 times better.

Could you imagine if Vitor knocks out Holyfield. Holy shit!
It wouldn't be any kind of valid accomplishment considering Holyfield is past his prime by almost 3 decades. Vitor would have been finished by Evander 100 out of 100 times if they were both in their prime.

Physically Holyfield is in great shape but he has too much brain damage and he is slow in movement and reaction time. I expect Vitor to win easily.

He isn't, he is absolutely worlds away. Even today's Tyson would butcher Belfort, but look at this footage compared to Tyson's training footage and his actual fight with RJJ. Tyson looked 100 times better.

he was taking it easy, some guys dont go hard when sparring/hitting mits. Anderson looks like shit with the mits as well.

large_28754cb4-9a8d-492f-a675-0b38be9d2189.JPG

holyfield has almost no chances, great body for 59 but he would have only 1/10 of his young shadow boxig

I mean how proud can you really be of knocking someone out who's nearly 60. He's significantly older than the guy Conor punched in the pub.
Yeah, well if Conor had punched Holyfield in that bar, the video would've turned out differently.

Ouch! Vitor expected coked up Oscar but instead got juiced up Holyfield.

he was taking it easy, some guys dont go hard when sparring/hitting mits. Anderson looks like shit with the mits as well.

I know full well what it looks like when someone is taking it easy. Cotto for example often looked hilariously slow and bad on the pads, it was just how he trained.

This isn't that. He looks slow as molasses with cognitive issues.

Like @Darbo said, did you not know he was stripped of his boxing license like 15 years ago in NY, and hasn't been able to get licensed for 10 years? There's a reason for that, and it sure as fuck isn't that he's just "taking it easy" on the pads.

Back