Holloway could be FW champ again

Shay Brennan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Seriously, he should be adding names to his FW resume.
He's only 32, Volk will most likely lose 3 fights from now if not sooner. That means the path to FW title will be there for Max.

All of that will be ruined if Max fights Gaethje. Even if he wins, he will take so much damage.
What a shame.

Does he have issues with weight cutting or something because this fight with Justin doesn't do him much good.
His fighting at the highest level will be over if this fight happens.

All I know is I'd rather have cum on my face than watch another Max/Volk match. The absolute worst patty cake trilogy of all time.

With that said, yeah, Max can pretty much beat anyone at 145lbs. If Volk drops the belt, its ass won't hit the grass before Max scoops it right up.

Idk about that man. Seems like Max is actively on a quest to crack his own chin at this point.

Also, he looked kinda rough in the zombie fight, which should’ve been easy on paper.

Seriously, he should be adding names to his FW resume.
He's only 32, Volk will most likely lose 3 fights from now if not sooner. That means the path to FW title will be there for Max.

All of that will be ruined if Max fights Gaethje. Even if he wins, he will take so much damage.
What a shame.

Does he have issues with weight cutting or something because this fight with Justin doesn't do him much good.
His fighting at the highest level will be over if this fight happens.

What this fight does for him is gets him paid at least a million dollars.

Also, since he's beaten pretty much the entire FW division this gives him a chance to make money while seeing how the FW division fleshes out.

Ehhhh. I hate that I'm thinking this, as I love Max, but I feel like the Gaethje fight will be the start of Max going on a Ferguson like decline.

People keep talking about the leg kicks, and not the fact that Max absorbs record amounts of significant strikes every fight. Gaethje landing that many strikes on you is career defining.

Ehhhh. I hate that I'm thinking this, as I love Max, but I feel like the Gaethje fight will be the start of Max going on a Ferguson like decline.

People keep talking about the leg kicks, and not the fact that Max absorbs record amounts of significant strikes every fight. Gaethje landing that many strikes on you os career defining.

I've avoided voicing my fears, so you're not allowed to sir lol.

People keep talking about the leg kicks, and not the fact that Max absorbs record amounts of significant strikes every fight. Gaethje landing that many strikes on you os career defining.
the writing is on the wall.

I love Max, but I feel like the Gaethje fight will be the start of Max going on a Ferguson like decline.
I don't know if it will be that bad, but it could be.

With someone like Max, his age isn't an accurate representation of the damage he's taken. He makes me think of guys like Rory MacDonald or Jordan Mein, who started young and were old before their time due to the wars they fought.

He's young enough that it's possible, but who knows how well his style will age.

Fukk the titles. I want to see great fights.

Max and Poirier went to war.
Dustin and Max will go to war.

Didn't he stop sparring for 1-2 years a few years back because of too many concussions and punches taken?
If he improves his defense, trains smart and Volk loses to Ilia, there certainly is a path for Max.

His T Rex arms are a disadvantage, but he made the most out of it.

That Gaethje fight is dangerous though for at least 3 rounds

i have a bad feeling Max is gonna be one of those fighters who ages overnight, and due to accumulation of fight miles is going to look rough over the course of one fight.
This trip to LW might be what seals the deal.

Back