Herniated Disk — Its spinal [UPDATE] Also have COVID

What’s up, Sherbros — on Monday I was repping out my final deadlift set and felt a little pop. Two days later I can barely move. Now, on Friday I just can’t get comfortable or sleep at all.

My wife is a PT and she’s been treating it to limited success so far, but this is a real bitch. She’s 6 months pregnant so it’s difficult for her to really work on me right now to the fullest extent.

Anyone else ever get a bad back injury? Just curious of anyone else’s experience.

Cliffs: Hurt back deadlifting. Much pain. Very ouch.

Ouch. I feel for you Sherbro, been there, hurt that. GET AN MRI so that you know EXACTLY what's up with your injury.

The one thing that worked for me was Spinal Decompression at at Chiropractor's office. The first time was on a "VAX-D" branded machine. Some people think it's B.S. but the combo of spinal decompression, ultrasound therapy, and electro-stim along with adjustment took me from hobbling around or staying motionless while in pain to actually being mobile with little discomfort.

Best of luck.

Wish you quick recovery sir. Deadlifts is my favorite exercise. These stories definitely makes you think twice though...

These injury stories from heavy lifting really scared me off any kind of heavy lifting. The risk seems too much and not worth the reward.

Hope you get well soon TS.

Bodyweight work is fine for me. There are sooo many different ways to use your own weight. My fucking elbows can't handle heavy weights.

I stopped doing deadlifts when Robert Oberst talked about it on Rogan. Cost benefit is just not worth the risk.
I stopped a while ago as well. I've had arthritis in my lower back for a while and deadlifting had to go.

My rhomboid popped today whilst doing lat pulldowns, very weird never happened before, its sore when i turn my head.
I had a pretty severely strained rhomboid for a while last year but I kept working out with it. Your neck connects down into the rhomboid so when you turn your head it pulls on it.

Use one of the those rubber therapy balls, lie on it and roll it around under the muscle.

More great news. Wife and I just came back with positive COVID tests. FML

Have have you considered a PEMF device to help speed the recovery?
I had one when I broke my hip and it was extremely helpful in getting the bones to heal, (3hrs a day) I believe its possibly a great stimulator for most everything else too.

Have a mat similar to the one here on Amazon and 20-30 minutes is noticeable on overworked muscles etc....

https://www.news-medical.net/whitep...pes-of-conditions-can-PEMF-therapy-treat.aspx
https://www.amazon.com/OMI-Full-Bod...f=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=pemf+device&sr=8-9

Are you showing any symptoms of it of just a positive test?

fatigue like a MFer. Had a killer sore throat for days but it’s gone away. Less energy than I’ve ever had in my life. Wife is same thing. She has more congestion than I do though.

Have have you considered a PEMF device to help speed the recovery?
I had one when I broke my hip and it was extremely helpful in getting the bones to heal, (3hrs a day) I believe its possibly a great stimulator for most everything else too.

Have a mat similar to the one here on Amazon and 20-30 minutes is noticeable on overworked muscles etc....

https://www.news-medical.net/whitep...pes-of-conditions-can-PEMF-therapy-treat.aspx
https://www.amazon.com/OMI-Full-Bod...f=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=pemf+device&sr=8-9

love it thanks! Will look into it more

fatigue like a MFer. Had a killer sore throat for days but it’s gone away. Less energy than I’ve ever had in my life. Wife is same thing. She has more congestion than I do though.

love it thanks! Will look into it more
Damn well it sounds a bit mild for you minus the no energy, I wish and your wife a speedy recovery.

For the back once you heal a little get yourself a total gym(the ones Chuck Norris would sell). You can find them for like 25-50 bucks all over. They make a great basic stretching table. Some people say get an inversion table but they can be pricey and take up a bunch of room. The total gym folds up nicely. You can’t do a full inversion but you can hang down a bit and it gives a great stretch to the spine. It has an attachment that you can put you feet in and then lay back and down at like a 30 degree angle. It is a great stretch but not to extreme especially if you are still banged up. It really helped me over the years with all my back injuries I have had.

I had a pretty severely strained rhomboid for a while last year but I kept working out with it. Your neck connects down into the rhomboid so when you turn your head it pulls on it.

Use one of the those rubber therapy balls, lie on it and roll it around under the muscle.
Lacrosse balls also work pretty well and aren't typically price-gouged.

Back