Herniated Disk — Its spinal [UPDATE] Also have COVID

Rob Battisti

HR for HR
@Steel
Reaction score
What’s up, Sherbros — on Monday I was repping out my final deadlift set and felt a little pop. Two days later I can barely move. Now, on Friday I just can’t get comfortable or sleep at all.

My wife is a PT and she’s been treating it to limited success so far, but this is a real bitch. She’s 6 months pregnant so it’s difficult for her to really work on me right now to the fullest extent.

Anyone else ever get a bad back injury? Just curious of anyone else’s experience.

Cliffs: Hurt back deadlifting. Much pain. Very ouch.

eP4ihmX.gif

Yeah I was fucked for just over a year and on morphine from lifting a 50 litre keg first thing in the morning incorrectly..
I found sleeping on a lightly quilted hard floor helped with sleeping, on and off, in general I couldn't sit on anything "comfortable" so mostly sat or lay on the hard floor for like 6-9 months, it makes other parts of your back ache, but worth it for the zzzz.. Squats really helped me, pigeon stretch is amazing! couple ways you can do it..

Essentially strengthening your glutes will help massively, make sure to sit down and stand up correctly.

These injury stories from heavy lifting really scared me off any kind of heavy lifting. The risk seems too much and not worth the reward.

Hope you get well soon TS.

Yes! I know all about this shit.

It absolutely sucks. The sciatic nerve is a real asshole.
Still, theres something ive come to understand, though it gives me little comfort, almost everyone has a bulging disc but maybe symptom free. All depends if it hits a nerve.

Right now, im permanently numb on a hand palm sized area of my right ankle and a touch of numbness around my left knee (this one is new as of feb 2020).

Ive just now got back into back squatting but were talking 135.
Deadlifts are around 275, sumo, conventional, and Romanian. However, its just a matter of time.

Sucks. Life of a lifter. You lift good. Feel good. And go for more. Then 3 results always happen:

1. You do it
2. You dont.
3. You get hurt.

When you get hurt, it really makes you question this silly shit. But here i am...destined for the ER.

To calm you a bit, in case youre nervous.

I did suffer pain for a while. I went to a chiropractor, rehab, and "worked around it." When youre in constant pain, the constant reminder makes you WANT to do whatever is necessary.

That said, i didnt lift at all when i was....24 for 6 months and no lower body for a year. Hardly lost any size and still got laid.

In the grand scheme of life, its nothing.

I’ve had a bad back for a while now. I’ve been able to manage it and still get good workouts in. Reverse hyperextensions have helped me tremendously. My gym has a machine for it. Another piece of equipment which has helped me out a lot is belt squatting. I’ve been using the one by Wenning strength, even with a bad back I can load it up and have zero pain.

By the way it seems like everyone who lifts gets injured at some point lol

Think its better to stop at some weight and just maintain

I've had two of them and I probably need a third. You won't ever be the same, but you'll be in a lot less pain than you are probably in now. Took me several months before I could work out again.

I won't lie to you, it's not fun. At all. I hope you can avoid it and a good Doc will definitely do surgery as a last resort. I was even in a body cast for a couple of months before they did mine. Good luck Bro, sorry to hear that happened to ya. :(

Last edited:
What’s up, Sherbros — on Monday I was repping out my final deadlift set and felt a little pop. Two days later I can barely move. Now, on Friday I just can’t get comfortable or sleep at all.

My wife is a PT and she’s been treating it to limited success so far, but this is a real bitch. She’s 6 months pregnant so it’s difficult for her to really work on me right now to the fullest extent.

Anyone else ever get a bad back injury? Just curious of anyone else’s experience.

Cliffs: Hurt back deadlifting. Much pain. Very ouch.

Never had a herniated disc (that I've been diagnosed with, but likely never had because I've been able to hit my old maxes after recovery) but I've had REALLY bad muscle spasms where I could barely get out of bed for days, weeks on end. See i physio, get an MRI and of there's nothing, see a chiro.

Back