Herb named ref for mcgregor-DA

It's kinda funny cause it goes in cycles. Way back in the day Herb was seen as a good ref, then the Shamrock-Ortiz fights happened and everyone hated him. And it stayed that way for years before people started liking him again, then in the past year or so, well, he's back to been seen as inconsistent and wtf. Personally I'm not too worried, but now that I've said that I've probably jinxed it.

Herb and John were definitely my favs for a long time, but I can't ignore Herb's recent inconsistencies. I am not completely spoiled on him, but I would much prefer to see Big John overseeing this particular, and very important fight.

I wish there was a way to mandate Big John for all title fights. I would take Mark Goodard as well, who will forever be synonymous with the phrase "Fight back, Jessicaaaa", at least in my head. :p

You all realize RDA's team requested for Herb Dean right? Try and lest do a little digging before jumping to conclusions.

Just because he requested it doesn't mean it's a smart move. Maybe he didn't want to risk getting kneed to the face by Big John, for instance.

NSAC but I think the fighters have a right to refuse a judge or something like that. Could have swore that Brock Lesnar mentioned something like that.
Yes Brock moved to have Mazagatti not eligible to ref his fights after the first mir fight.

I see people claiming this is readying excuses for RDA fans. I guarantee that Conor fans will be all over Herb, as well as Dana & Co no matter the form the stoppage takes. If it's TKO for RDA you know they'll be claiming Conor still had fight in him despite being out cold. If he chokes Conor out they'll be saying Conor never tapped regardless if he does.

Worst fan base I've encountered since Lebron's and this isn't my first account.

You all realize RDA's team requested for Herb Dean right? Try and least do a little digging before jumping to conclusions.

I didn't know about it at the time, but it doesn't change my perception about Herb Dean in the slightest.

Was hoping for Josh "the dean of herb" Rosenthal to get the call.

once Herb doesn't do an early stoppage i'll be happy

RDA probably has one of the two following thoughts:
1. He doesn't want too much brain damage when Conor knocks him out! So he wants Shady Herb to stop when he wobbles
2. Since it's the biggest money RDA will ever made inside the octagon... He's in on the shady side too

It's the only logical explanation to him requesting Shady Herb

You must be right. Cancelling my RDA bet and going all in on Conor.

Shady Herb is gonna make me some money.

Yes Brock moved to have Mazagatti not eligible to ref his fights after the first mir fight.

Which makes a ton of sense, how would that midget separate two oversized gorillas if it needs be?

giphy.gif

tumblr_nrddopxZPu1upwz95o1_400.gif

Damn. When you put it like this Herb looks even worse.

I see people claiming this is readying excuses for RDA fans. I guarantee that Conor fans will be all over Herb, as well as Dana & Co no matter the form the stoppage takes. If it's TKO for RDA you know they'll be claiming Conor still had fight in him despite being out cold. If he chokes Conor out they'll be saying Conor never tapped regardless if he does.

Worst fan base I've encountered since Lebron's and this isn't my first account.
lol yet the haters are the ones making excuses since his first UFC fight

lol yet the haters are the ones making excuses since his first UFC fight

EDIT: que Ron Burgundy "I don't believe you." gif (since mine won't post...)

Really? They cared during his debut? Sad. Only debut to make any fuss over is the true GOAT, MakGOAT, whom Conor seems to be pretty chummy with in their pics.

but yeah, I'd prefer no excuses from either side win lose or draw unless truly shady shit goes down.

Last edited:
Which Herb will show up is the question.

Quick stoppage Dean, or Weidman getting bludgeoned for 4 minutes till he dieded Dean.

Depends on who the UFC is want to back. When it's Rousey/Mcmann, he stops it ASAP. When Rousey got KOed, he let her get hammerfisted 3 times just in case she could recover.

Then we have Mendes/Conor, which was an obvious early stoppage and I expect he'd do the same for Conor if RDA get dropped. The UFC pumped money into promoting Weidman for 2 years, so Herb gave him every chance against the generally unlikeable Rockhold.

Well, heavy favouritism will show itself again... If RDA gets stunned, Herb will stop it immediately and if McGregor is getting mauled on the ground, Herb will just chill around. Nothing new.

My thoughts exactly. I groaned when I saw this announcement for that very reason.

I think Herb should have let Mendes see the 3rd round but he did just lay there and try to hide so f*** it. It's obvious Herb is the UFC's go to guy for a reason. He sold out, can you blame him on the salary he gets paid by the state of Nevada? Big John got 3k for Aldo vs Mcgregor. If there has to be a ref Dana has influence over I'm glad it's Herb Dean. At least he doesn't interfere with fights like Mazzagati's dumb a**.

Last edited:
Back