Herb named ref for mcgregor-DA

podsox

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
decent choice but he is so inconsistent

uUKWut1.gif

It sucks that public opinion about Herb has changed so much. Herb and John used to be regarded as the best Refs, and now no one trusts Herb's judgement. Either he ends fights too early, or too late. Sigh .. welp, here goes nothing.

Last edited:
does NSAC set the judges or does the UFC get a say in it?

Good choice,

This time Conor will have to land the finishing blow, wouldn't have Big John there to do it this time.

Which Herb will show up is the question.

Quick stoppage Dean, or Weidman getting bludgeoned for 4 minutes till he dieded Dean.

Inb4 Conor hater conspiracy theories.

*tinfoil hat intensifies*

If that's the case, Conor by early stoppage or RDA by late stoppage!

Good choice. Conor tried to get him to stand him up from getting elbowed into oblivion by Mendes, and Herb shut Conor down.

does NSAC set the judges or does the UFC get a say in it?

NSAC but I think the fighters have a right to refuse a judge or something like that. Could have swore that Brock Lesnar mentioned something like that.

I don't really care anymore, Herb is a great ref despite a few questionable calls but honestly is there anyone else?

McCarthy was my number one but he is way to involved in the fights lately, you want a guy whos practically a ghost until necessary, McCarthy is constantly talking to the fighters and trying to involve himself as much as possible even when its totally unnecessary (getting between fighters after they have been on the ground and are standing up to reset them and say 'fight' for absolutely no reason)

Well, heavy favouritism will show itself again... If RDA gets stunned, Herb will stop it immediately and if McGregor is getting mauled on the ground, Herb will just chill around. Nothing new.

Doesn't matter. As long as the ref can stop the fight before RDAs head is clean off then we are good.

I don't really care anymore, Herb is a great ref despite a few questionable calls but honestly is there anyone else?

McCarthy was my number one but he is way to involved in the fights lately, you want a guy whos practically a ghost until necessary, McCarthy is constantly talking to the fighters and trying to involve himself as much as possible even when its totally unnecessary (getting between fighters after they have been on the ground and are standing up to reset them and say 'fight' for absolutely no reason)

Mark Goddard is a solid choice. He was a referee in Romero vs Jacare fight and did what actually should be done when a fighter avoids being taken down by grabbing the fence.

Well, heavy favouritism will show itself again... If RDA gets stunned, Herb will stop it immediately and if McGregor is getting mauled on the ground, Herb will just chill around. Nothing new.

pretty much

It depends which Herb shows up on the opponent

If Conor gets rocked, it will be 4 minute bashing unconscious skull Herb

If RDA does, it will be trying to keep fighters safe Herb

At least Herb won't finish RDA with a devastating kneedrop like Big John did to Aldo :D

Shady Herb again! Fuck this!
Now 5/8 of Conor's fights are judged by Herb!
There's definitely something shady going on!

Back